ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin game tickets

For anyone that is into the outdoors, there is some pretty badass backcountry that a person can dip their fingers into pretty easily down there. Incredible views and experience.

Not sure may not have survived Covid. I remember it well though, the plunger remembers it better. My last encounter with TOC would have been in 2002.
Based on quick research, it seems to be gone. Possibly replaced by Mandarin House.
Gotta believe that a large percentage of buffet places didn’t make it through Covid. That presentation style doesn’t fit well in a delivery/take-out model.

My standard post-game meal has been New Garden. I can usually get there from the Cleveland B lot and be eating before traffic starts picking up. Typically puts me on the road ahead of most of the crowd.

Based on quick research, it seems to be gone. Possibly replaced by Mandarin House.
Gotta believe that a large percentage of buffet places didn’t make it through Covid. That presentation style doesn’t fit well in a delivery/take-out model.

My standard post-game meal has been New Garden. I can usually get there from the Cleveland B lot and be eating before traffic starts picking up. Typically puts me on the road ahead of most of the crowd.
Another one I’ll have to try I remember seeing it. Has really good reviews!

Can’t do Valhalla anymore. Used to go there when it was the Cavern - which was the perfect name for it.
Now, with a wider awareness of historical incidents and human nature, I can’t stay in a crowded bar at the bottom of a tiny stairway. If there’s ever a fire in that place….

Everyone dies in a fire there.

ruffrider--I'm flying into Boise Thursday and leaving there Monday afternoon. I already booked a jet boat ride, at this point I have about a half day open, figure to be in the vicinity of Wallowa / Joseph / Halfway. Any specific suggestions for must see places would be appreciated. I'm not interested in cheese or breweries (we have more than enough of that in Wisconsin) although I'm an avid trout fisherman I won't have time to do that, mainly interested in seeing the best mountain and river scenery, not adverse to hiking but time to do that will be limited. Thanks everybody for your helpful comments!

Reactions: Coug90
Unless they sealed it off since I've been there, they do have a back door,
Even if it’s not sealed, it’s not obvious. Most people are going to try to go out the way they came in. It’ll be like The Station nightclub fire in Rhode Island, when Great White lit the place up.

ruffrider--I'm flying into Boise Thursday and leaving there Monday afternoon. I already booked a jet boat ride, at this point I have about a half day open, figure to be in the vicinity of Wallowa / Joseph / Halfway. Any specific suggestions for must see places would be appreciated. I'm not interested in cheese or breweries (we have more than enough of that in Wisconsin) although I'm an avid trout fisherman I won't have time to do that, mainly interested in seeing the best mountain and river scenery, not adverse to hiking but time to do that will be limited. Thanks everybody for your helpful comments!
No prob! As far as the game goes, we had the defensive struggle in Madison last year. Would not shock me if we got the exact opposite this year and ended up with a 41-38 type of game. I think our offense, particularly QB play will be much improved and defense may be sorta eh.

Right on! Which jet boat company did you book with? If you're doing one leg of your trip from Boise to Pullman on the oregon side, I'd do the other leg on the idaho side. Hiway 95 between Moscow and New Meadows -- spend some time on the Salmon River between Whitebird and Riggins. From New Meadows to Boise, id take 55 thru McCall and follow the Payette River south to Boise. Payette Lake at McCall is worth some time, and there's a semi-developed Hot Spring (called Gold Fork i think) 15 miles or so south of McCall that's kinda cool.

Don't worry about cheese anywhere else than Ferdinand's. You really should go there and buy a pack of Cougar Gold (or whatever strikes your fancy) cheese curds. The tins are on the expensive side and if you aren't a cheese fanatic aren't worth it....but you owe it to the state of Wisconsin to ascertain your superiority on the cheese front.

Reactions: kougkurt and 79COUG
Don't worry about cheese anywhere else than Ferdinand's. You really should go there and buy a pack of Cougar Gold (or whatever strikes your fancy) cheese curds. The tins are on the expensive side and if you aren't a cheese fanatic aren't worth it....but you owe it to the state of Wisconsin to ascertain your superiority on the cheese front.
Caught me off guard hearing a Wisconsin guy wants nothing to do with cheese. Oh well, Ferdinand’s may run out that weekend anyways!

Caught me off guard hearing a Wisconsin guy wants nothing to do with cheese. Oh well, Ferdinand’s may run out that weekend anyways!
Just remember to either order online or arrange to get your cheeses directly from Ferdinand's and NOT at the Bookie. Got some Cougar gold and cheddar last fall for about $28 or $30 at Ferdinand's and had to pay $40 at the Bookie during the spring scrimmage. Ouch! Both are available online now for $33 each, no idea what shipping runs with their required cold paks. OK, I take that back-just checked the web site and shipping adds $11 per pak, which is good for 1-5 items.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
For those who may not know....I think the standout at Ferninand's is also the Huckleberry Ripple Ice Cream.
Although I avoid sugar as much as possible....have you tried Huckleberry Ripple?

It wasn't until I saw that it won the national award of the best ice cream in the country. That's right. The U.S.A.
So...I tried it. I was blown away.

I mean the cheese is good, but Huckleberry Ripple is beyond extraordinary. Since I don't eat sugar, I can't order it anymore, but if I did....no doubt....3 scoops. Best ice cream I've ever tasted. Blown away.

And you know what? It's won 1st Place five times!

Last edited:
For those who may not know....I think the standout at Ferninand's is also the Huckleberry Ripple Ice Cream.
Although I avoid sugar as much as possible....have you tried Huckleberry Ripple?

It wasn't until I saw that it won the national award of the best ice cream in the country. That's right. The USA.

I mean the cheese is good, but Huckleberry Ripple is beyond extraordinary. Since I don't eat sugar, I can't order it anymore, but if I did....no doubt....3 scoops. Best ice cream I've ever tasted. Blown away.

Cool story. I'll have to try it if I ever get back to Pullman. I used to go to the old Ferdinands when I was in school and get a peanut butter shake for lunch. Yum. Loved the mural telling the story of Ferdinand the cow. Just another thing that makes my alma mater special.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Cool story. I'll have to try it if I ever get back to Pullman. I used to go to the old Ferdinands when I was in school and get a peanut butter shake for lunch. Yum. Loved the mural telling the story of Ferdinand the cow. Just another thing that makes my alma mater special.
Wasn't it Wilson Hall? So convenient back then.

It wasn't until I saw that it won the national award of the best ice cream in the country. That's right. The U.S.A.

Not sure that I have but will give it a try!

Wasn't it Wilson Hall? So convenient back then.
Might have been Wilson? Looong time ago…..occasionally would get some project “cooking” in biochemistry lab (Fulmer) and race down the flights of stairs, head to Ferdinand’s and gulp down a milkshake or cone before heading back to the lab (hoping that nothing had gone horribly wrong, lol).

I think its more like trying to sell a Wisconsin guy on buying cheese is kinda like “selling ice cubes to Alaskans”, so to speak?

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Might have been Wilson? Looong time ago…..occasionally would get some project “cooking” in biochemistry lab (Fulmer) and race down the flights of stairs, head to Ferdinand’s and gulp down a milkshake or cone before heading back to the lab (hoping that nothing had gone horribly wrong, lol).
Troy hall

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Do they sell Cosmic Crisps in Madison?

Last edited:
They are pretty good. Got a couple in my fridge. Put'em on salad.
They are also cheap AF! My family liked the honey crisps which got up to like $3 a lb at Costco! I’ve got two teenagers who chow, we’ve been finding the cosmics for 79c/lb at Yokes and loading up!

Reactions: kougkurt
Ah…OK Troy. Did I mention it’s been a loooooong time ago? LOL
SHOCKINGLY pretty close to 50 years ago now!
Funny. I don’t feel that old. Most of the time.
Hey you are only as old as you act. Which makes me, let's see - about 12. Although my bad ankle (football), bad knee and no ACL (softball), bad shoulder (Baseball), and torn bicep (golf!) all seem to differ. At least my most important appendage still works just fine.

Hey you are only as old as you act. Which makes me, let's see - about 12. Although my bad ankle (football), bad knee and no ACL (softball), bad shoulder (Baseball), and torn bicep (golf!) all seem to differ. At least my most important appendage still works just fine.
your mouth isn't an appendage

Oh yeah - counting my tongue I have 2 appendages that function just fine.

Im Horny Zach Galifianakis GIF

I was warned by a Michigan alum colleague that Wisconsin fans travel well. Any guesses on how many will be at Martin Stadium in September? Thousands?

I was warned by a Michigan alum colleague that Wisconsin fans travel well. Any guesses on how many will be at Martin Stadium in September? Thousands?
Wonder how many visitor tickets we have allocated, cuz I assume all the Coug tickets will sell out. Hopefully lots, cuz we could use the economic shot in the arm. Still can't believe they are actually going to show up.....

Wonder how many visitor tickets we have allocated, cuz I assume all the Coug tickets will sell out. Hopefully lots, cuz we could use the economic shot in the arm. Still can't believe they are actually going to show up.....
Coug single game tickets should sell out first day they go on sale would be my guess. 3 game packers will scoop up most of the available on the pre sale and the rest will be gone within hours.

The Cougar Cheese really is good - not as good as Husker Cheese, but quite good. I always bring a can back when I go home to Omaha. And the can thing really confuses folks! You can always buy it at the Pullman Safeway if you are running short of time but it cost quite a bit more.

If you are a hard cider drinker the PNW is the place to be. I know the midwest is slowly expanding their hard cider market but I haven't found nearly the varieties/brands as they have in the PNW. I don't know what the local restaurants have but once again, the Pullman Safeway has tons of them. Seattle Hard Cider, Tieton, 2Towns, etc. all great brands. Even Grocery Outlet (right behind Safeway).

Have fun, and Go Big Red.

Ti
For anyone that is into the outdoors, there is some pretty badass backcountry that a person can dip their fingers into pretty easily down there. Incredible views and experience
Hello Cougar fans

I made a few posts last year in anticipation of the game in Madison. We did have a lot of WSU fans in Madison, I sat near a few and spoke to a dozen or so after the game, hope everybody had a great time.

I’ll refrain from quoting all the posters on this board who insisted that Wisconsin will back out of the game in Pullman…it does appear that we’re going to show up. I’m planning to go too, but don’t think many Wisconsin fans will make it, as it’s not a convenient place to get to, and finding lodging in town on a football weekend is…challenging. We do have plenty of alumni in the pacific northwest, undoubtedly some of them will get to the game.

Anyway, I’d like to get people’s thoughts on the ticket market. I can buy visitor tickets from Wisconsin (will have to decide by June 21) but would prefer not to. At road games, I prefer good seats (between the 20’s or better), relatively high (row 40 or higher) in the middle of the regular (non-student) fan base. I'm not familiar with Martin Stadium. Some specific questions

-- Has WSU converted to digital tickets?
-- Is there a street market for tickets on game day? (since we went to digital tickets, there are fewer tickets on the street)
-- Do you expect this game to sell out?
-- Where are the seats sold to visiting teams located?
-- What is the total capacity? How many student tickets are sold?
-- What do season ticket holders pay per ticket this year? Do single game tickets cost more?

Any other insight on ticket availability will be appreciated. Looking forward to the trip, 2023 is kind of the end of an era. IMO most of our fans are less than enthused about UCLA and USC joining the Big Ten, but of course it’s all about money. The game itself should be competitive. We should be a better team in 2023, people are generally optimistic about our new coach.
Tickets are on sale.
Get ‘em while they’re hot!

Reactions: Coug90
Coug single game tickets should sell out first day they go on sale would be my guess. 3 game packers will scoop up most of the available on the pre sale and the rest will be gone within hours.
Wisconsin isn't available in the 3 game pack. Just N. Colo, OSU, AZ, Stanford, and Colo.

If you get a jet boat, try to get one that leaves out of Heller Bar (up the road past Asotin). In my experience, the boat ride from Clarkston/Lewiston to Heller Bar is something you can drive and enjoy just as much. Plus, you are likely to much farther up the Snake/Salmon going from Heller Bar. IMO, it is just wasted time/money for the ride from town.

Ti

Tickets are on sale.
Get ‘em while they’re hot!
It’s my understanding if you aren’t CAF or have season tix or a 3 game pack they aren’t available yet. I think tomorrow? Thought that’s what I read maybe I’m wrong. Regardless they aren’t sold out lots of tix available so I stand corrected to our badger friend you probably won’t have a problem getting tix at least for a bit.

Reactions: HCoug
It’s my understanding if you aren’t CAF or have season tix or a 3 game pack they aren’t available yet. I think tomorrow? Thought that’s what I read maybe I’m wrong. Regardless they aren’t sold out lots of tix available so I stand corrected to our badger friend you probably won’t have a problem getting tix at least for a bit.
I'm not sure. I'm looking to buy some extra tickets, and it says 7/17 for me.

I'm not sure. I'm looking to buy some extra tickets, and it says 7/17 for me.
Yeah I think that’s gen public…if you should have priority based on the above I’m sure you can contact the office and they can help you. I just ordered 11 for my group. I wouldn’t sweat it though looks like a lot available still, so if you get on early enough on the 17th should be plenty to pick from still.

Reactions: HCoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT