ADVERTISEMENT

Women's NCAA - Iowa vs SC

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Anyone else watch this? What a great game. Iowa wins by 4 - Caitlin Clark scores 41 of Iowa's 77 points. I know it makes me a dirty old man pervert, but I am in love with her. What a sweetypie.

Kinda interesting, pretty much all game it was all white Iowa vs. all black S. Carolina. No opinion, just an observation.

I was able to watch part of the 1st half before getting on the road. Iowa looked locked in with South Carolina playing a bit on their heels. South Carolina came back before I had to leave.

Clark is a great offensive player in all phases. Gritty player as well. Impressive still to go for 41 on anyone let alone South Carolina. Wish I was able to catch the whole game.

Been watching Iowa and Clark over any of the men's ball. She is fun to watch.

Iowa's game against Louisville outdrew viewership for any NBA game this entire year. I'm sure the SC game was even higher, and the finals match will be crazy high. She has been amazing for the sport.

That’s true for me as well. I saw Iowa was playing Indiana in the regular season. It was a must watch. Great game and Clark’s game winner was another wow moment.

Been watching Iowa and Clark over any of the men's ball. She is fun to watch.

Iowa's game against Louisville outdrew viewership for any NBA game this entire year. I'm sure the SC game was even higher, and the finals match will be crazy high. She has been amazing for the sport.
I went to the Iowa v Louisville at CPA, with some family. My granddaughter is just getting stared in bball and she was commenting all game. It was great in person. Von Lith is an exciting player also.

Reactions: acgcoug
I went to the Iowa v Louisville at CPA, with some family. My granddaughter is just getting stared in bball and she was commenting all game. It was great in person. Von Lith is an exciting player also.

Van. Yeah Cashmere girl

Reactions: 79COUG
No question

There aren't many better shooters or passers at any level
She has amazing range for her shot, great speed on the dribble, and a quick release. I think what really sets her apart is her vision and ability to visualize not just how things are, but how things will be as the players move. Rather like an NFL QB that anticipates the WR getting open and releases the pass before the break. Now I loves me some WSU WBB, but I observed a disturbing amount of passes this year that were picked off because the one with the ball sees someone that is "open" at that immediate time without realizing who will be in the way of that pass by the time the ball gets there.

A small criticism of her is the high amount of turnovers she has had, but against such top level opponents and how much of the time the ball is in her hands it may not be out of line.

BTW, how GREAT is Iowa at breaking the press? Don't recall seeing any team, men or women, that was better at it.

Agree on us. Knowing what a good pass means is just as important as making the pass. We could cut turnovers substantially if we get better in this area.

She has amazing range for her shot, great speed on the dribble, and a quick release. I think what really sets her apart is her vision and ability to visualize not just how things are, but how things will be as the players move. Rather like an NFL QB that anticipates the WR getting open and releases the pass before the break. Now I loves me some WSU WBB, but I observed a disturbing amount of passes this year that were picked off because the one with the ball sees someone that is "open" at that immediate time without realizing who will be in the way of that pass by the time the ball gets there.

A small criticism of her is the high amount of turnovers she has had, but against such top level opponents and how much of the time the ball is in her hands it may not be out of line.

BTW, how GREAT is Iowa at breaking the press? Don't recall seeing any team, men or women, that was better at it.

Yeah, I don't think the turnovers are an issue when she is accounting for 70% of the team's points (pts and assists). I think she accounted for 100% of their pts in the 4th quarter against USC.

Overall she shoots close to 50%, 47.5%, which is excellent for a shooting guard, especially with the amount of 3's she hoists up. Compare to Van lith, 41%, Ledger Walker 40%, Zia Cook LSU 40.5%. Sabrina Ionescu was 43% in college. Now factor in her assists and passing ability and she soars to even greater levels. These guards don't even come close to her production.

Her tourney averages through 5 games: 32 pts, 10 assists a game.

Also to add, she had 8 turnovers against USC, but the team only had 10 overall - that's very low.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT