ADVERTISEMENT

WSU and UW shouldn't read too much into their wins.

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
As much as I despise Phil Knight's professional football team, the ducks know more about themselves than we and the mutts do after their loss to Auburn
If Rodrick Fisher thinks he's going to run by every corner across from him, he's going to have a rude awakening Sept. 28 v. Utah. Cal won't ease up, and the UW will punch him in the face the first play as Tay Martin experienced in the 2018 AC. Besides, NMST's d-backfield is the slowest group we'll see, assuming N. Colorado isn't slower.
The mutt QB probably couldn't elude my grandmothers (and they're dead), so his arse is going to see the turf often v. Cal, Utah, Oregon and, hopefully, WSU. Fran Tarkenton Browning he isn't. Right now, I see a Justin Herbert running in two feet of water.
Of course we have considerable talent. Anthony Gordon, Max Borghi, and our WR corps, even without Calvin, should give most defenses fits. Our D has a lot of people getting a taste of their first D1 action. If they acclimate (and by most accounts Brown, Beekman, Isom, Langford, Moore and a few others are athletic), we could be better than a year ago.
But we won't know until we play better teams. We won't know if we have another NFL prospect on the roster to play Jalen Thompson's safety spot until we see someone do it.
In short, there is no room for complacency. At least Leach has developed the culture to help his players appreciate this.

Agree completely, but I think the schedule is set up pretty well to progressively get tougher. Another laugher next week, then Houston will be a real test (especially for the defense), and UCLA isn't that good but certainly will have Pac-12 players on the other side and probably will be a tougher out than some think. Then comes the big road test against Utah.

Agree completely, but I think the schedule is set up pretty well to progressively get tougher. Another laugher next week, then Houston will be a real test (especially for the defense), and UCLA isn't that good but certainly will have Pac-12 players on the other side and probably will be a tougher out than some think. Then comes the big road test against Utah.
Gonna have to outscore Utah and it won't be easy. That'll be the first test for Claeys and company, but he's done it before.

Gonna have to outscore Utah and it won't be easy. That'll be the first test for Claeys and company, but he's done it before.
Their defense is obviously really good but their offense has held them back most years. Huntley is athletic and can make some plays throwing but he still seems pretty erratic.

This goes for all of CFB, I watched a bunch of ranked and highly regarded teams get smacked around by “mid” level conference teams. Also saw a bunch of good teams beat up on nobodies. If I learned anything this weekend it’s that most of CFB isn’t as good as they thought or knows very little about themselves.

I agree. As boring as the schedule may be, it’s what the team and especially the defense needs.

Only disagree on Eason. He looks like the real deal from what I saw.
Don’t buy the hype Browning was doing the same things against similar competition then folded like a wet towel against Cal, Utah, hell even ASU. I’m not buying Eason for a minute, Easterns defense has always been garbage even if their offense can score. Considering it took all of fall camp to beat out frickin Jake Haener, I’m selling Eason hard. UW is an 8 win team. Eason is Jake Heaps 2.0. Book it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Alabama plays NMSU next week.

If Alabama QB Tua doesnt do as good as Gordon, does that still mean that dont know how good Gordon is or not?

No.

Gordon went 22 freaking 22 completions out of 23 attempts. These were usually not dump offs behind the LOS to RB, WR. These were not 3 yard slants, etc. These were 8 to 17 yard passes, with 3 to 6, 29+ yard passes.

Even against the WORST, FBS, FCS defense EVER, EVEN PITCH AND CATCH AIR AT EVEN THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, THATS FREAKING HARD TO DO.

In fact, its so hard to do, that I dont think Alabama QB Tua does 22 of 23 in a half against NMSU next week.

I project, predict that Alabama's QB Tua goes about 12, 13, 14, 15 out of 21 vs NMSU.

So that probably means that Gordon is as good as he seems to be, even tho he hasnt played anyone good.

But even tho thats the case, he probably wont get credit for his performance until he proves it by doing it against Northern Colorado, Houston, UCLA, Utah, etc.

Reactions: CATabulous
Bullshit. Don’t buy the hype Browning was doing the same things against similar competition then folded like a wet towel against Cal, Utah, hell even ASU. I’m not buying Eason for a minute, Easterns defense has always been garbage even if their offense can score. Considering it took all of fall camp to beat out frickin Jake Haener, I’m selling Eason hard. UW is an 8 win team. Eason is Jake Heaps 2.0. Book it.
Good test next week against Cal. Eason throws a beautiful ball but also seems to opt to go deep a bit more than he maybe should. It will be interesting to see how they look against a good Cal defense. Let's see how he looks with a little more pressure and coverage than the Eag's could bring.

Reactions: random soul
Bullshit. Don’t buy the hype Browning was doing the same things against similar competition then folded like a wet towel against Cal, Utah, hell even ASU. I’m not buying Eason for a minute, Easterns defense has always been garbage even if their offense can score. Considering it took all of fall camp to beat out frickin Jake Haener, I’m selling Eason hard. UW is an 8 win team. Eason is Jake Heaps 2.0. Book it.
Better Jake Heaps than Jake Locker. That guy was the biggest gap between raw talent and production I can remember at the college level. Just so inaccurate

If we beat Houston and UCLA, Utah becomes a bonus game, in my opinion.

Yea, you try to win all of them, but that’s not a do or die game. At least not for me.

Hmmm. A couple of thoughts, if you visually thought that is what Browning looked like then may I suggest glasses.

Hey one game doesn’t make Eason the second coming . There was no pressure on him ( and we could say the same with gordon ) but browning never could make any of those throws.

In the last 30 years I have seen one Qb have that pace and quickness on his ball and that was Drew. That doesn’t mean it translates to wins or accuracy , but it does mean he has nfl arm talent.

My guess is cal will shut him down. And he will need to make about five throws to beat cal.

Hmmm. A couple of thoughts, if you visually thought that is what Browning looked like then may I suggest glasses.

Hey one game doesn’t make Eason the second coming . There was no pressure on him ( and we could say the same with gordon ) but browning never could make any of those throws.

In the last 30 years I have seen one Qb have that pace and quickness on his ball and that was Drew. That doesn’t mean it translates to wins or accuracy , but it does mean he has nfl arm talent.

My guess is cal will shut him down. And he will need to make about five throws to beat cal.

Well, Drew wouldn't have lost his job at Georgia. Btw, if in 30 years you've seen no one beyond your new love object (Eason) who compares to Bledsoe, you've been under a bar stool with your dipsh!t sibling.

So Alabama plays NMSU next week.

If Alabama QB Tua doesnt do as good as Gordon, does that still mean that dont know how good Gordon is or not?

No.

Gordon went 22 freaking 22 completions out of 23 attempts. These were usually not dump offs behind the LOS to RB, WR. These were not 3 yard slants, etc. These were 8 to 17 yard passes, with 3 to 6, 29+ yard passes.

Even against the WORST, FBS, FCS defense EVER, EVEN PITCH AND CATCH AIR AT EVEN THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, THATS FREAKING HARD TO DO.

In fact, its so hard to do, that I dont think Alabama QB Tua does 22 of 23 in a half against NMSU next week.

I project, predict that Alabama's QB Tua goes about 12, 13, 14, 15 out of 21 vs NMSU.

So that probably means that Gordon is as good as he seems to be, even tho he hasnt played anyone good.

But even tho thats the case, he probably wont get credit for his performance until he proves it by doing it against Northern Colorado, Houston, UCLA, Utah, etc.

12 of 21 is 57%. I'll eat my Cougar hat if Tua is that bad against NMSU.

I hope UW loses the next 11 games, and that Eason throws the ball to everyone except his own guys. Having said that, Ed is right. The guy has a release that looks spring loaded. If the intangibles are there, this guy is going to be good.

Reactions: PatBaum and 79COUG
As someone who watched almost all of Georgia’s games when Eason was the starter, the guy has a cannon for an arm and a beautiful touch throwing deep. One criticism you could say about him in his freshman year with the Dawgs is that he tried to do too much at times - forcing the ball into coverage and not getting rid of the ball to avoid the sack. He will be formidable in the PAC-12, but certainly not invincible. As an outsider looking at the PAC-12, I would have to think that the Cougars will break the losing streak to UW at some point. Maybe this year? I hope you guys do!

As someone who watched almost all of Georgia’s games when Eason was the starter, the guy has a cannon for an arm and a beautiful touch throwing deep. One criticism you could say about him in his freshman year with the Dawgs is that he tried to do too much at times - forcing the ball into coverage and not getting rid of the ball to avoid the sack. He will be formidable in the PAC-12, but certainly not invincible. As an outsider looking at the PAC-12, I would have to think that the Cougars will break the losing streak to UW at some point. Maybe this year? I hope you guys do!
Thanks for giving us your thoughts. From what we have heard reported, people from Georgia have said that he doesn't always read defenses well and that he is not always accurate. Of course, that was as a freshman and he could have improved.

Reactions: CATabulous
12 of 21 is 57%. I'll eat my Cougar hat if Tua is that bad against NMSU.

Of course you cherry pick the lowest number I mentioned. I said ABOUT ABOUT ABOUT A RANGE RANGE RANGE of 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 out of about 21.

Maybe you would have understood point better if had said ABOUT 63% to 73% COMPLETION PERCENTAGE.

But then again you would have cherry picked the lowest, 63% and said "I doubt if Tua only gets 63% completion percentage."

The point is(THAT YOU MISSED):

ALABAMA QB TUA PROBABLY WONT DO AS GOOD AS GORDON, IN GETTING A 22 OF 23, ABOUT 99% COMPLETION PERCENTAGE OF ABOUT TO 7 TO 13+ YARD PASS PLAYS FOR ABOUT 265+ YARDS IN ONE HALF VS NMSU.

I don't think Gordon could look any better-but a good thing this year-if the slight Gordon were to get shaken up-GG could come in and I don't think thered be that much of a drop off

Of course you cherry pick the lowest number I mentioned. I said ABOUT ABOUT ABOUT A RANGE RANGE RANGE of 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 out of about 21.

Maybe you would have understood point better if had said ABOUT 63% to 73% COMPLETION PERCENTAGE.

But then again you would have cherry picked the lowest, 63% and said "I doubt if Tua only gets 63% completion percentage."

The point is(THAT YOU MISSED):

ALABAMA QB TUA PROBABLY WONT DO AS GOOD AS GORDON, IN GETTING A 22 OF 23, ABOUT 99% COMPLETION PERC ENTAGE OF ABOUT TO 7 TO 13+ YARD PASS PLAYS FOR ABOUT 265+ YARDS IN ONE HALF VS NMSU.

So, your point was that he will complete between 57-76% of his passes? Bold.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Only disagree on Eason. He looks like the real deal from what I saw.

Of course he is the real deal, not even sure why there is all of this debate. Because he really has played so little, I think people forget he is equivalent to a 4th year Senior at this point. Anyone that relatively old in college terms with his talent should perform well. The more relevant question does he have enough talent at receiver to really put UW at a higher level than what they have been the last 3 years.

The only thing that is a little bit annoying about the deal is Petersen playing his typical whiny hypocritical act about transfers when he has a one and done transfer player like Eason be the key to his season this year. I say one and done as you can see him as the 3rd or 4th QB off the board in next year's draft. That will be too much money to pass up and his draft stock will not improve doing a 5th year in college especially in Petersen's micro-managed vanilla offense.

Last edited:
Well, Drew wouldn't have lost his job at Georgia. Btw, if in 30 years you've seen no one beyond your new love object (Eason) who compares to Bledsoe, you've been under a bar stool with your dipsh!t sibling.

So much for a new a year . I went to a painstaking process to make sure my post was benign. A matter of fact I read this post first but wanted to make sure for those who “track” my posts saw me have a positive post as the first post after the nmsu/Coug game. But even doing so you feel the need to bash sponge.

But I will give you credit it must be a new school year, I mean year, as there is not your typical “Jason Eason” blow up doll type of remark.

Yes I have commented on Eason tons of times. Yes Eason has the best arm i have seen since Bledsoe . Arm talent. No where did I make a comment on if that will translate into a productive season .

Yes Ryan Leaf, Locker and others have had really good arms. But the pace and quickness the ball gets to the receiver is slightly above the QBs i just mentioned . You may disagree but why the venom ? Just because he has arm talent doesn’t mean he will be a productive college player. But the pros will draft him based on what they saw Saturday .

Helluva a first response to my first post of the new season btw.

So much for a new a year . I went to a painstaking process to make sure my post was benign. A matter of fact I read this post first but wanted to make sure for those who “track” my posts saw me have a positive post as the first post after the nmsu/Coug game. But even doing so you feel the need to bash sponge.

But I will give you credit it must be a new school year, I mean year, as there is not your typical “Jason Eason” blow up doll type of remark.

Yes I have commented on Eason tons of times. Yes Eason has the best arm i have seen since Bledsoe . Arm talent. No where did I make a comment on if that will translate into a productive season .

Yes Ryan Leaf, Locker and others have had really good arms. But the pace and quickness the ball gets to the receiver is slightly above the QBs i just mentioned . You may disagree but why the venom ? Just because he has arm talent doesn’t mean he will be a productive college player. But the pros will draft him based on what they saw Saturday .

Helluva a first response to my first post of the new season btw.

How did you measure the pace and quickness and compare?

Visual . If you think it is scientific it is not .

Really no way to measure say Alex brink back in the day and josh swogger. Sometimes you trust your eyes to make a call.

Just checking. Seems excessively subjective to me to make that statement. I mean, you may be right, but still...

Of course he is real deal, not even sure why there is all of this debate. Because he really has played so little, I think people forget he is equivalent to a 4th year Senior at this point. Anyone that relatively old in college terms with his talent should perform well. The more relevant question does he have enough talent at receiver to really put UW at a higher level than what they have been the last 3 years.

The only thing that is a little bit annoying about the deal is Petersen playing his typical whiny hypocritical act about transfers when he has a one and done transfer player like Eason be the key to his season this year. I say one and done as you can see him as the 3rd or 4th QB off the board in next year's draft. That will be too much money to pass up and his draft stock will not improve doing a 5th year in college especially in Petersen's micro-managed vanilla offense.

Maybe only a couple, are maybe saying Eason is not the real deal.

Also depends on what mean by real deal.

Is Eason going to be a ok, semi above average, semi good to semi great QB?

Yes.

But that said there are the following concerns about Eason.

1. Him being a statue.

A. Can his OL protect a statue?

Probably yes.

B. Can UW's RB take heat off the statue QB Eason?

Maybe.

C. Does, is UW's Offense geared toward a semi Power Run Offense that sets up the pass, and as such wont matter as much if Eason is a statue, etc?

Yes.

2.How is Eason's arm, skill, etc?

Answer:

Altho Eason is ok, to semi above average, to semo good, to semi great, there is the following concern:

A. At Georgia, AFTER HE WAS HEALTHY, HE WAS EITHER BENCHED because not good, an or beat out by Fromm.

So Eason was a BACK UP QB.

Now that may not mean anything because Gordon was a BACK UP QB.

3. Does Eason have enough around him?

A. WR?

Altho there is the possibility that the True Freshman, RS Freshman, True Sophmore, etc, 3,4, 5 star, inexperienced WR maybe, might, theoretically be ok, good, enough for Eason to throw to, there is no marquee names, they are YOUNG, inexperienced, etc.

That may hurt UW even with their run to set up the pass offense.

B. Defense?

Same as WR situation. Maybe 1 returning starter.

So if the offense sputters, because of concerns about Eason, RB, WR's, etc, can the defense keep UW in games?

MAYBE.

We'll see.

Or maybe not, maybe we wont see.

It is a concern tho.

Because of these concerns, there is reason to be concerned about Eason as a ok, above average, good to great, gama managing QB.

Some QB's are so good that they can help the team, even if there are concerns about OL, RB, WR, Defense.

Eason though is not that good. So because there are legit concerns about the rest of team, there are legit concerns about Eason.

Now If Eason were WSU's QB, since WSU RB, WR, OL SO GOOD, unlike UW, then there would be no reason to be concerned.

But just because there are legit reasons to be concerned about Eason, UW(for UW fans, WSU fans should care less), that does not mean that Eason isnt a real deal, ok, average, to above average, to good, to semi great QB.

Eason is a real deal, ok, average, to above average, to semi good, to semi great, game managing QB, that has some legit concerns about him as a QB, and legit concerns about his UW, QB, support system(AKA his team, RB, WR, defense).

So most to almost all are NOT saying that Eason isnt the real deal, and instead, are saying that Eason is a real deal or at least a semi real deal

Last edited:
Reactions: CougEd

Is Eason gping to be a ok, semi above average, semi good to semi great QB?

Yes.

Bit that said there are the following concerns about Eason.

1. Him being a Statue.

Probably yes.

B. Can UW's RB take heat off the Statue QB Eason?

Maybe.

C. Does, is UW's Offense geared toward a semi Power Run Offense that sets up the pass, and as such wont matter as much if Eason is a Statue, etc?

Yes.

2.How is Eason's Arm, Skill, etc?

Answer:

Altho Eason is ok, to semi above average, to semo good, to semi great, there is the following concern:

A. At Georgia, AFTER HE WAS HEALTHY, HE WAS EITHER BENCHED because not good, an or beat out by Fromm.

A. WR?

Altho there is the possibility that the True Freshman, RS Freshman, True Sophmore, etc, 3,4, 5 star, inexperienced WR maybe, maybe, might, theoretically be ok, good, enough for Eason to throw to, there is no marque names, they are YOUNG, inexperienced, etc.

B. Defense?

So if the offense sputters, because of concerns about Eason, RB, WR's, etc, can the defense keep UW in games?

MAYBE.

We'll see.

Or Maybe not, maybe we wont see.

It is a concern tho.

Because of these concerns, there is reason to be concerned about Eason as a ok, above average, good to great, gama managing QB.

Some QB's are so good that they can help the team, even if there are concerns about OL, RB, WR, Defense.

Eason though is not that good. So because there are legit concerns about the rest of team, there are legit concerns about Eason.

Now If Eason were WSU's QB, since WSU RB, WR, OL SO GOOD, unlike UW, then there would be no reason to be concerned.

But just because there are legit reasons to be concerned about Eason, UW(for UW fans, WSU fans shoild care less), that does not mean that Eason isnt a real deal ok, average, to above average to good to semi great QB

Eason is a real deal, ok, average to above average to semi good to semi great, gamae managing QB, that has some legit concerns about him as a QB, and legit concerns about his UW, QB, support system(AKA his team, RB, WR, defense)

So Most to Almost all are NOT saying that Eason isnt the real deal, and instead, arecsaying that Eason is a real deal or at least a semi real deal

Is this what a WSU degree gets you?

What in the living **** did I just read?

Yes.

But that said there are the following concerns about Eason.

1. Him being a statue.

Probably yes.

B. Can UW's RB take heat off the statue QB Eason?

Maybe.

C. Does, is UW's Offense geared toward a semi Power Run Offense that sets up the pass, and as such wont matter as much if Eason is a statue, etc?

Yes.

2.How is Eason's arm, skill, etc?

Answer:

A. WR?

Altho there is the possibility that the True Freshman, RS Freshman, True Sophmore, etc, 3,4, 5 star, inexperienced WR maybe, might, theoretically be ok, good, enough for Eason to throw to, there is no marquee names, they are YOUNG, inexperienced, etc.

B. Defense?

MAYBE.

We'll see.

Or maybe not, maybe we wont see.

It is a concern tho.

But just because there are legit reasons to be concerned about Eason, UW(for UW fans, WSU fans should care less), that does not mean that Eason isnt a real deal, ok, average, to above average, to good, to semi great QB.

Eason is a real deal, ok, average, to above average, to semi good, to semi great, game managing QB, that has some legit concerns about him as a QB, and legit concerns about his UW, QB, support system(AKA his team, RB, WR, defense).

So most to almost all are NOT saying that Eason isnt the real deal, and instead, are saying that Eason is a real deal or at least a semi real deal

Yes.

Well...

Re-watching the UW/Eastern game in the 60 minute format makes it pretty clear Eason is the best QB mutts have had in years. The problem is they don’t have anyone as dangerous as Gaskin, so Eason is going to have to work harder.

Is this what a WSU degree gets you?

What in the living **** did I just read?
You might say there's some cognitive dissonance at times, but he doesn't take himself too seriously and is a pretty good guy. It would be like someone's handle being "In Retrospect" and then responding to one of Ed's posts with..."what is that all about"?

You might say there's some cognitive dissonance at times, but he doesn't take himself too seriously and is a pretty good guy. It would be like someone's handle being "In Retrospect" and then responding to one of Ed's posts with..."what is that all about"?
Given the choice of Mik's often rambling, semi-incoherent diatribes, or CogDisability's monitoring of this site and posts demanding respect for his little huskies to prop up his fragile ego and low self esteem, I'll take Mik every time.

You could always opt for Ruth Robbins.

Given Crazy Ruth's penchant for creating multiple handles on Cougzone/Wazzuwatch over the years, can we be certain that CognitiveDissonance isn't Ruth? Then again, it could be a manic and frustrated poster who keeps getting banned...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT