ADVERTISEMENT

WSU has a shelter in place order

Lifted. Someone fired shots and barricaded himself in an apartment complex.

“Man down” announced by Pullman PD. Sounds like a mental health / suicide situation.

Threatened to kill his roommates? WTF is in the water right now…people losing their GD minds.

What? You never wanted to kill one of your roommates in college? Guess your roommates all knew how to flush after dropping a deuce…
I had a roommate who was a complete slob, chewed and left his chew cups all over the place. One night while I was a sleep he had a book avalanche which knocked one of his chew cups and spit all over me. I didn’t want to shoot him, I wanted to beat the crap out of him. Regardless he was not my roommate the next year.

My roommate as a freshman was really into the fast internet access, which was unusual back then (mid- to late 90s) and played Doom what seemed like 17 hours a day, usually until 3am or so. No headphones; he was blasting the shit. It was brutal. I managed to avoid killing or beating him, though. He flunked out.

Lifted. Someone fired shots and barricaded himself in an apartment complex.

“Man down” announced by Pullman PD. Sounds like a mental health / suicide situation.
Geezus Christ. When was the last time Pullman Police had to shoot and kill someone? The 1930's? This and the horrific UI murders - gawd is no place safe anymore?

Per the Seattle Times:

"Officers arrived at the apartment and found a man in his 30s threatening to kill his roommates. "

A 30+ something Student?

"A member of the responding SWAT team shot and killed the man “after unsuccessful negotiations, escalating behavior and continued danger to the public and officers,” Pullman police said."

I hope they never release his name or anything about him, perhaps if the media made more of these people anonymous, we would have less of these events. God knows broadcasting their name and life stories hasn't slowed the shootings down.

Reactions: VandalBasher
Per the Seattle Times:

"Officers arrived at the apartment and found a man in his 30s threatening to kill his roommates. "

A 30+ something Student?

"A member of the responding SWAT team shot and killed the man “after unsuccessful negotiations, escalating behavior and continued danger to the public and officers,” Pullman police said."

I hope they never release his name or anything about him, perhaps if the media made more of these people anonymous, we would have less of these events. God knows broadcasting their name and life stories hasn't slowed the shootings down.

Crazy people are crazy people. Does the name matter to them? Or is the issue that they are crazy and haven’t found help?

Per the Seattle Times:

A 30+ something Student?

A 30+ something Student?-I was thinking the same thing...what's the rush to graduate. did you ever see old school and the fun they had?

Geezus Christ. When was the last time Pullman Police had to shoot and kill someone? The 1930's? This and the horrific UI murders - gawd is no place safe anymore?
Oh...a mutual friend can tell you about the Valentines Day Massacre and all the rumors, innuendo that has circled around for years. I believe that was 1957. But they are certainly few and far between.

What happened to the good ole days when a woman would call the police on Biggs for "false advertisement".

My roommate was an engineer major which we didn’t know each other just shared a common kitchen and living room. I walked out of my room and wham!! Got a ski pole on my face as I walked he cut me over the eye that till this day I have a scar. I bleed all over. I don’t know why he hit me till this very day. He was charged for assault and he moved out. We never really interacted and had a different group of friends so it’s always been puzzling. People cray cray!!

• Wow
Reactions: cougcowboy
My roommate was an engineer major which we didn’t know each other just shared a common kitchen and living room. I walked out of my room and wham!! Got a ski pole on my face as I walked he cut me over the eye that till this day I have a scar. I bleed all over. I don’t know why he hit me till this very day. He was charged for assault and he moved out. We never really interacted and had a different group of friends so it’s always been puzzling. People cray cray!!
Holy shit. My grandma had a cat who was like that -- would suddenly go nuts and attack you for no reason -- but that's pretty crazy for a roommate.

What? You never wanted to kill one of your roommates in college? Guess your roommates all knew how to flush after dropping a deuce…
Kill, no. Beat the shit out of each other between sixers? Yes. That’s how things used to get worked out.

Kill, no. Beat the shit out of each other between sixers? Yes. That’s how things used to get worked out.

People are too afraid of taking an ass whoopin these days.

If people were more like Canadian hockey players...get your ass kicked...buy the person who kicked your ass a beer..and live to fight another day, the world would be a better place.

I had a roommate who was a complete slob, chewed and left his chew cups all over the place. One night while I was a sleep he had a book avalanche which knocked one of his chew cups and spit all over me. I didn’t want to shoot him, I wanted to beat the crap out of him. Regardless he was not my roommate the next year.
Sounds like it could have been me🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 425cougfan
Threatened to kill his roommates? WTF is in the water right now…people losing their GD minds.
Don't know but this was always a canary in the coal mine. And to think this data is now almost 10 years old... frightening to think where we are now, esp post-COVID

santas.png

Don't know but this was always a canary in the coal mine. And to think this data is now almost 10 years old... frightening to think where we are now, esp post-COVID

santas.png
Shocking how many people take these drugs. But since Big Pharma is so corrupt as is our corporate media, it seems like this is not well reported as a possible cause of the increase in mass shootings and other acts like this one in Pullman.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
My roommate chewed his toenails and spit them on the floor. Had a fish tank that made the whole dorm smell…and thought I should clean it since it was my room too.

Spent most of the rest of my time in Pullman living alone, largely because of him.

My freshman year, I had a 30 yo Indonesian guy who didn’t speak English. Welcome to college.

My freshman year, I had a 30 yo Indonesian guy who didn’t speak English. Welcome to college.
My roommate at Stephenson just slept all day because he goofed off and played video games all night. Needless to say I only had a roommate for fall semester that year.

santas.png
Have you noticed the correlation between this data and the dismemberment of nuclear & extended families? The information aged has wreaked havoc with families as they are not so inclined to gather for big events or maintain/cultivate those relationships. I've noticed it within my own extended family. It's a support system that no longer exists for many people.

Shocking how many people take these drugs. But since Big Pharma is so corrupt as is our corporate media, it seems like this is not well reported as a possible cause of the increase in mass shootings and other acts like this one in Pullman.
Because I care here is a link that may help you. All the best.

Have you noticed the correlation between this data and the dismemberment of nuclear & extended families? The information aged has wreaked havoc with families as they are not so inclined to gather for big events or maintain/cultivate those relationships. I've noticed it within my own extended family. It's a support system that no longer exists for many people.
The nuclear family in the US has been eroding since women started to join the work force in mass in the 1940s and is more a function of the advent of two working parents.

The nuclear family in the US has been eroding since women started to join the work force in mass in the 1940s and is more a function of the advent of two working parents.
Two different chicken/egg arguments:

1 - is the increasing prevalence of use of antidepressants because we truly have more people who are depressed, or is it because we have so many more drugs for depression…and doctors who just want to hand out pills?

2 - is the erosion of the nuclear family because of increasing presence of women in the workforce, or is it because of the rise of commercial daycare, so that parents could have a kid and then dump them in a facility run by a couple of college students through its formative years?

I could argue either way, but I think the disintegration of the family unit really accelerated in the late 70s/early 80s…when it became basically normal for kids 8-18 to take care of themselves for at least a few hours every day, and the younger ones sat in a jungle environment at some kindercare facility. Add to the the explosion of cable TV, video games, and other options that allowed kids and parents to ignore each other most of the time, and here we are.

1 - is the increasing prevalence of use of antidepressants because we truly have more people who are depressed, or is it because we have so many more drugs for depression…and doctors who just want to hand out pills?

2 - is the erosion of the nuclear family because of increasing presence of women in the workforce, or is it because of the rise of commercial daycare, so that parents could have a kid and then dump them in a facility run by a couple of college students through its formative years?

I could argue either way, but I think the disintegration of the family unit really accelerated in the late 70s/early 80s…when it became basically normal for kids 8-18 to take care of themselves for at least a few hours every day, and the younger ones sat in a jungle environment at some kindercare facility. Add to the the explosion of cable TV, video games, and other options that allowed kids and parents to ignore each other most of the time, and here we are.
Depression and anxiety are linked. People are more depressed (anxiety) for two primary reasons imo which are somewhat related. 1. People’s worlds were rocked by the “pandemic” and resulting changes their interactions with society (being locked down, school from home, etc) ..,still very recent. 2. Phones. Everyone’s got their face in a phone hours upon hours…many of which on social MEDIA, which fuels people’s fears and anxieties further.

So yeah…people have more mental health issues every year and for those who truly need them, are taking medications to cope.

Depression and anxiety are linked. People are more depressed (anxiety) for two primary reasons imo which are somewhat related. 1. People’s worlds were rocked by the “pandemic” and resulting changes their interactions with society (being locked down, school from home, etc) ..,still very recent. 2. Phones. Everyone’s got their face in a phone hours upon hours…many of which on social MEDIA, which fuels people’s fears and anxieties further.

So yeah…people have more mental health issues every year and for those who truly need them, are taking medications to cope.
Those factors are no doubt part of the last 15 years or so…but they don’t explain the 15 before that.

Yeah the "face in phone" thing really annoys me. I like to have human interaction. Just last night, sitting in a bar watching the game, I see this couple. Both have their faces in their phones. Boy, what a hot date. One of Leach's press conferences addressed this. Hilarious. Too lazy to find it, maybe later.

My roommate chewed his toenails and spit them on the floor. Had a fish tank that made the whole dorm smell…and thought I should clean it since it was my room too.

Spent most of the rest of my time in Pullman living alone, largely because of him.
Chewing his toenails when fingernails are bad enough...enough said. Disgusting!

I think you pretty much have it covered. However, I wouldn't blame this more on women and the fact that ignoring one another in the immediate family may be a positive alternative to everyone being triggered throughout the day. It's a pretty complex topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT