ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ OREGON - Game Thread***

Good game. How about a call for punter tryouts on campus.

I hope I never hear those Fox announcers again: Tim Brando, Spencer Tillman. Constantly disagreeing with the calls, especially pass interference. I thought the calls were good, including the catch and no fumble by Schooler. Once they were right, disagreeing with the punt interference.

The sideline reporter was OK....

Good game. How about a call for punter tryouts on campus.

I hope I never hear those Fox announcers again: Tim Brando, Spencer Tillman. Constantly disagreeing with the calls, especially pass interference. I thought the calls were good, including the catch and no fumble by Schooler. Once they were right, disagreeing with the punt interference.

To be honest, there were a lot of bad calls and many of them did go in our favor. Of course, a friend of mine and I were talking last week and he said that the surest sign that times are a-changin' is the fact that we now have enough credibility that we get those calls. In the past, it was automatic that bad calls all went against us.

Run.....the.....ball
They went from 7 attempts in the first half (pointed out by Wannstedt) to 25 total attempts. Didn't understand not continueing to give Wicks the ball when he had the hot hand (or legs in this matter).
To be honest, there were a lot of bad calls and many of them did go in our favor. Of course, a friend of mine and I were talking last week and he said that the surest sign that times are a-changin' is the fact that we now have enough credibility that we get those calls. In the past, it was automatic that bad calls all went against us.
What was up with the announcers not recognizing what a catch is (by the Oregon receiver). He caught the ball...made a couple of steps...went to the grounds...was down and then the ball came out. Why did it have to be an incomplete pass or a complete pass and then a fumble? No one knows what constitutes a complete pass these days and the dumbasses messed it all up. How could it get that hard??? I'm still amazed. Cracraft could of had complete control for the split second in bounds with one foot...and then had it stripped out of bounds the next and that's a catch as well. Complete possession is recognizable within a second and maybe another half...why is this so hard..especially with instant replay. The refs got it right in the case of the uo WR catch...I believe. There were so many legit holding penalties not called..followed by the ridiculously embarrassing make up call. Pac 12 officials should be the authorities in reffing the passing game and they're behind the eight ball.

Reactions: bogusto
They went from 7 attempts in the first half (pointed out by Wannstedt) to 25 total attempts. Didn't understand not continueing to give Wicks the ball when he had the hot hand (or legs in this matter).

What was up with the announcers not recognizing what a catch is (by the Oregon receiver). He caught the ball...made a couple of steps...went to the grounds...was down and then the ball came out. Why did it have to be an incomplete pass or a complete pass and then a fumble? No one knows what constitutes a complete pass these days and the dumbasses messed it all up. How could it get that hard??? I'm still amazed. Cracraft could of had complete control for the split second in bounds with one foot...and then had it stripped out of bounds the next and that's a catch as well. Complete possession is recognizable within a second and maybe another half...why is this so hard..especially with instant replay. The refs got it right in the case of the uo WR catch...I believe. There were so many legit holding penalties not called..followed by the ridiculously embarrassing make up call. Pac 12 officials should be the authorities in reffing the passing game and they're behind the eight ball.
That actually looked like a catch and a fumble to me, ball was out before the knees were down, but it didn't end up mattering.

That actually looked like a catch and a fumble to me, ball was out before the knees were down, but it didn't end up mattering.
I agree. The ball was coming loose before his knees were down. I am surprised that others didn't see it like you, the announcers and I saw the play.

But, as you wrote, it didn't matter.

I agree. The ball was coming loose before his knees were down. I am surprised that others didn't see it like you, the announcers and I saw the play.

But, as you wrote, it didn't matter.
Anyone have a screen shot? I saw the play as well and it looked to me that his knees made contact with the turf and the ground caused the fumble. Not that uo's incompletion would of bugged me more than the issue as to what defines a catch....this year or with this crew.

holy crap, I was just hoping my wife didn't see my jaw hit the floor when she came on screen.
It's Holly Sonders. Though a specimen, she's taken some flack in the past for sl--ting it up too much given the context. Wore this getup for golf commentary not too far back:

holly%2Bsanders%2Bpga.jpg

It's Holly Sonders. Though a specimen, she's taken some flack in the past for sl--ting it up too much given the context. Wore this getup for golf commentary not too far back:

holly%2Bsanders%2Bpga.jpg
you put that dress on an A or B cup woman and no one blinks an eye. There is no cleavage, and the hemline is just above the knee. Is she supposed to wear a habit? Maybe a burqua?

I'm not coming at you, Chip. I'm just pointing out that the slut shaming is pretty pathetic.

you put that dress on an A or B cup woman and no one blinks an eye. There is no cleavage, and the hemline is just above the knee. Is she supposed to wear a habit? Maybe a burqua?

I'm not coming at you, Chip. I'm just pointing out that the slut shaming is pretty pathetic.
No "coming at me" taken. But really: it's either a burqua or this? That thing is painted on. Just a reminder: this was not a toga party, it was guest commentary on a pro golf tournament. Weird time we live in when pointing that out is more "pathetic" than wearing white shrinkwrap on national TV. Don't get me wrong, she looks great - but this was not adult video.

What was up with the announcers not recognizing what a catch is (by the Oregon receiver). He caught the ball...made a couple of steps...went to the grounds...was down and then the ball came out.
I thought they would have ruled this incomplete for the same reason that called that incompletion last year for Cracraft in the EZ. I was shocked this remained complete. Lack of consistency is what get officials in trouble.

There were so many legit holding penalties not called..followed by the ridiculously embarrassing make up call. Pac 12 officials should be the authorities in reffing the passing game and they're behind the eight ball.
Such as our first TD against USC. The hold on the outside was terrible and completely missed. But I think the crew did better with holding this game than the USC game. But on the pass game both crews were crappy. The offensive PI they called on USC was terrible. The PI calls on both side in the Oregon game were iffy. And that kick catch interference call was complete garbage. There no halo rule anymore. And I can't see how anyone interfered with his ability to make the catch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT