ADVERTISEMENT

WSU vs OSU official game thread

Could we be any worse at a. Containing a run on the outside or b. Wrapping up a QB whose dead to rights when we are unblocked on a blitz.

Netflix could have had a big gain there. Blocking was good.

Truth: our D is not that good. We looked good and got fat against poor teams in our non-conference and have been exposed in conference. USC was just good enough we couldn't outshoot them, but we could against Utah & OSU. I still suspect Oregon is overrated and we've got a shot. After that the season starts to look like 2005...We might score a ton and still lose every week.

Truth: our D is not that good. We looked good and got fat against poor teams in our non-conference and have been exposed in conference. USC was just good enough we couldn't outshoot them, but we could against Utah & OSU. I still suspect Oregon is overrated and we've got a shot. After that the season starts to look like 2005...We might score a ton and still lose every week.

Cal , Arizona and pending tonight maybe Stanford are clearly inferior to Utah. Also still not sold on Colorado although it will be in Boulder so that is tough.

The team clearly has flaws, but they are fighters that know how to gut out games.

5 and 1
Good job to date.

Perfect time to get a week off before the Ducks come to Pullman.
Never a dull moment with the Cougs.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
San Jose likely to go winless. Getting owned by Colorado State right now, and that may have been their best chance for a win

San Jose likely to go winless. Getting owned by Colorado State right now, and that may have been their best chance for a win

Who cares ? It is not as if WSU barely squeaked by San Jose. Utah State gave BYU a bigger beat down in a road game than UW did in a home game , does that mean anything ? NO !

Reactions: Coug1990
Cal , Arizona and pending tonight maybe Stanford are clearly inferior to Utah. Also still not sold on Colorado although it will be in Boulder so that is tough.

The team clearly has flaws, but they are fighters that know how to gut out games.
Yeah I don't feel good about Colorado or Stanford on the road. I think Cal will be able to throw on us, that could turn into another shootout. Arizona would still be dangerous if Hill will run, otherwise they're utah. Don't think he beats anyone with his arm.

I still think there are some wins on the schedule, but I'd still be pretty happy to get to 8-4. It'll take some good bounces to do better than that.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
If the Ducks take care of the Fuskies. GameDay?
No. They'll be outside the top 10 and we'll be unranked or barely ranked. And other matchups that week include Michigan-Michigan State, Bama-Tennessee, Auburn-Old Miss, and Clemson-NC State.

Truth: our D is not that good. We looked good and got fat against poor teams in our non-conference and have been exposed in conference. USC was just good enough we couldn't outshoot them, but we could against Utah & OSU. I still suspect Oregon is overrated and we've got a shot. After that the season starts to look like 2005...We might score a ton and still lose every week.[/QUOTE
Yeah I don't feel good about Colorado or Stanford on the road. I think Cal will be able to throw on us, that could turn into another shootout. Arizona would still be dangerous if Hill will run, otherwise they're utah. Don't think he beats anyone with his arm.

I still think there are some wins on the schedule, but I'd still be pretty happy to get to 8-4. It'll take some good bounces to do better than that.
eh who the F knows. We might throttle Co and Furd and get beat at home by Zona. It’s pac 12 football, just enjoy the ride we are 5-1 and could easily be 6-0

I'm seeing a trend with Stanford that isn't good. I think they're regressing back to their historical mean in a few years unless they find another QB. It's a slow trend, but they been getting pushed around a little bit more each year by teams that you wouldn't think could. McCaffery/Love are the only things keeping them from being very average the last 4 years. Even with Luck they weren't a team that scored much for college football. They didn't have to with their style and tough D. The D is no longer tough and their QB is bad. They'll still be tough for us to beat just from a match up standpoint, but they are quickly becoming a power run team without the power. I'm not impressed with them at all. I'd be worried if I was a furd fan because schools like that are only a couple of bad seasons away from falling back to the bottom.

My hopes now are much higher than they were at the beginning of the season. Minshew has been a revelation, along with amazing depth at receiver and a surprisingly better OL than expected. Pretty much looks like we will be bowling four years in a row, for the first time ever.

I'm seeing a trend with Stanford that isn't good. I think they're regressing back to their historical mean in a few years unless they find another QB. It's a slow trend, but they been getting pushed around a little bit more each year by teams that you wouldn't think could. McCaffery/Love are the only things keeping them from being very average the last 4 years. Even with Luck they weren't a team that scored much for college football. They didn't have to with their style and tough D. The D is no longer tough and their QB is bad. They'll still be tough for us to beat just from a match up standpoint, but they are quickly becoming a power run team without the power. I'm not impressed with them at all. I'd be worried if I was a furd fan because schools like that are only a couple of bad seasons away from falling back to the bottom.
Furd loses 4 or 5 starters on their o-line, plus Love next year. I like our odds of finishing above them next season even with a new QB. We have to resolve our personnel issues on D. The linebackers and safeties are doing good work, and the dline is holding up better than I expected it to, but we're still small and don't have the ball skills at corner to throw a lot of aggressive run defense or blitz packages at somebody without paying the price

I said before the season that the cougs would be better than expected. The two main reasons would be much improved QB play and the fact that Leach finally hired a quality D line coach. The O line talent had been wasted and the QB play had been mediocre at best despite the system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT