ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all pullin for UO @ the pig skin final 4?

12375CAT

Hall Of Fame
Feb 15, 2012
1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

Hell yeah. Will always root for the PAC 12 unless it's UW. Plus Oregon winning is always a bonus because it makes UWs blood boil which I think is fantastic. Go Ducks!

If moving along in the playoffs= $ for the conference, then, go Oregon. Don't like them, but not so much so you turn down money.

Heck no! I live in Portland, Duck fans are unbearable. I can never root for the Ducks or Huskies.

Make that three votes against the Ducks. Just.....can't.....root.....for.....them. I don't have a problem with the players, Mariota is a class act, but too many of their fans are insufferable and we will never hear the end of it.

Probably not a coincidence that the three posters rooting against the Ducks are all from the State of Oregon. I might have felt different if I didn't have to live and work among so many Duck fans.

Glad Cougar

Rooting for Oregon, but more because of a default. If TCU, Baylor or Miss state were in the playoffs, I would be rooting for them.

Rooting for Oregon. Yes, the fans are obnoxious, but I like Helfrich and the $$$$$. I really would like to see them beat Alabama for the title.

I will be pulling for the Ducks. I always go for the PAC12 teams in bowl games and post season tournaments.

A few factors for me:

Pro-Oregon:
Pac-12 money / prestige - take down the SEC a pegCurrent crop of Duck players, including Mariota, seems OK, as does HelfrichWould further push to the background UW's shared national title from 23 years ago, and remove that (weak) trump card from UW fans' arguments
Anti-Oregon:
Most Oregon fans are horribleWould help their recruiting, donations, etc., countering what had appeared to be a potential step back to the pack once Mariota left. The effects of this could last for a very long time and help Oregon become a permanent or near-permanent national power.
Add it up and I'm conflicted:
It would be good for the Pac-12 to get a national title, but even that could be dismissed as a one-year aberration due to Mariota being so special.Many Oregon fans are terrible, but we face more direct fire where I'm at in Washington from UW fans. It would be really nice to see them no longer able to claim they had the most recent title up here, and to cut against their arguments that Oregon is just a flash in the pan.The title would help Oregon actually not *be* a flash in the pan, which cuts against WSU's medium- and long-term interests.
Bottom line is I'll root for them because I think they'll be a force to contend with for years no matter what, and it would be nice to take the "bad" segment of the UW fan base down a peg.

Can,t stand the ducks, their fans are the worst. Screw Conf. Affiliation! we don't need Whoregon winning the Nat. championship.

Originally posted by Coug90:
Hell yeah. Will always root for the PAC 12 unless it's UW. Plus Oregon winning is always a bonus because it makes UWs blood boil which I think is fantastic. Go Ducks!
Pretty much the only reason I'll be pulling for Oregon.

Plus I hate Florida State, and Rapist Winston & the Criminoles.

From Coug1990 to Coug90, you wrote my sentiments exactly. Listening to BeneDick Baird, Dave Mahler, etc., on KJR is hilarious when they talk about Oregon winning the NC.

Originally posted by Coug1990:
From Coug1990 to Coug90, you wrote my sentiments exactly. Listening to BeneDick Baird, Dave Mahler, etc., on KJR is hilarious when they talk about Oregon winning the NC.
It would be one thing if UW had a legitimate, uncontested, unshared NC under their belt.

But the fact that Oregon could win one outright, while the UW has to reminisce about sharing one 25 years ago... they will never be able to live that down. I won't let 'em and neither will Oregon.

I always point out that Oregon would have already reached the Husky heights of 25 years ago if college football were arranged the same way; where one "champion" didn't necessarily have to play the other "champion", and they could simply share the title like UW/Miami. Imagine how different the UW mindset would be if they had to play--and lost to--Miami in the 1991 title game. The 30 for 30 about Miami ("The U") claims it was the best team Miami ever had; possibly even one of the greatest teams of all time.

Is it sad that Cougar fans are once again reduced to rooting for Husky misery? Absolutely. But that is largely mitigated by the glee one feels in seeing them suffer.

Originally posted by chipdouglas:

Originally posted by Coug1990:
It would be one thing if UW had a legitimate, uncontested, unshared NC under their belt.

But the fact that Oregon could win one outright, while the UW has to reminisce about sharing one 25 years ago... they will never be able to live that down. I won't let 'em and neither will Oregon.

I always point out that Oregon would have already reached the Husky heights of 25 years ago if college football were arranged the same way; where one "champion" didn't necessarily have to play the other "champion", and they could simply share the title like UW/Miami. Imagine how different the UW mindset would be if they had to play--and lost to--Miami in the 1991 title game. The 30 for 30 about Miami ("The U") claims it was the best team Miami ever had; possibly even one of the greatest teams of all time.

Is it sad that Cougar fans are once again reduced to rooting for Husky misery? Absolutely. But that is largely mitigated by the glee one feels in seeing them suffer.
You talk to any longtime uw fan and it is a given for them that they would have killed Miami. It does not even enter their mind that they could have lost. I have heard them say that in person and I have heard uw fans/ sports talk show hosts on the radio say the same thing.

I don't think it is sad rooting for uw misery. It is just the time of year. It is bowl season and we hear them talk about hating on another team. I can only speak for what I feel, but I think their hatred of Oregon is much stronger than my hatred of them. They really go overboard.

Their evidence for "would have beaten Miami" is that they beat them like 2-3 years later--which is even worse than the transitive-property-argument, if that's possible.

Fact is, there will forever be an asterisk next their title.

I don't want to share my title with another team anymore than I want to share my wife--and both are just a little embarrassing to brag about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT