ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another big in-state O-lineman on his way to Wazzu?

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
A 6-7, 275-pound Walla Walla lineman is soon to follow in the footsteps of Cody O'Connell, Cole Madison, Andre Dillard, Abraham Lucus, and Cade Beresford. Great news for the Cougs' OL future.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
A 6-7, 275-pound Walla Walla lineman is soon to follow in the footsteps of Cody O'Connell, Cole Madison, Andre Dillard, Abraham Lucus, and Cade Beresford. Great news for the Cougs' OL future.

You may be right?

But, the article I read said that he was waiting on an offer from Oregon, to go along with his WSU and Ore St offers, and would not be announcing any time soon, regardless.

Looking forward to the day your 5-year-old twins commit to UW, assuming Petey will want a pair of pencil-necked 155 pounders...

Be honest, if your kids had offers from Peterson and Leach, who would you steer them towards? :cool:

If your kid has an offer from Muttville, he probably has similar offers from out-of-state schools. I certainly would steer my kid in that direction; I want them to witness the world, not Puget Sound inbreeding.

I mean, where would you rather send your kid? I'm sure an offer from UDump would also get you interest from Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, etc. Have your kid's coach take that urine-soaked offer and call those schools. Cut the apron strings, let your boy become a man.

UnG0Q89.jpg

Actually, I won't steer my kids towards any college. WSU was my choice, and they'll have their own decision.

I was jabbing back at Yaki's ongoing barbs at me and my boys, but as of today...and I know this hurts most of us...there aren't many coaches that I'd rank ahead of Chris Peterson.

Ah so the "you can't get lineman" to come to WSU myth is disproven again I see.

Reactions: YakiCoug
If your kid has an offer from Muttville, he probably has similar offers from out-of-state schools. I certainly would steer my kid in that direction; I want them to witness the world, not Puget Sound inbreeding.

I mean, where would you rather send your kid? I'm sure an offer from UDump would also get you interest from Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, etc. Have your kid's coach take that urine-soaked offer and call those schools. Cut the apron strings, let your boy become a man.

UnG0Q89.jpg
What does Zima have to do with manhood? Did I miss a meeting?

Reactions: YakiCoug
Be honest, if your kids had offers from Peterson and Leach, who would you steer them towards? :cool:

In all seriousness, there are a lot of factors that go into a college decision and a decision about where to play football. I chose WSU over UW and perhaps my kid would as well. It's the kid's decision. On the football side of things, there could be all kinds of factors to choose playing at WSU vs. playing at UW, depending on position, who else is in the program, who the assistant(s) and primary recruiter are, what someone is looking for in the college experience, and myriad other things. Is there some stuff that cuts in favor of Petersen and UW? Yeah, absolutely, and the majority of kids would choose UW over WSU, but what you're inferring here doesn't apply to everyone.

Actually, I won't steer my kids towards any college. WSU was my choice, and they'll have their own decision.

I was jabbing back at Yaki's ongoing barbs at me and my boys, but as of today...and I know this hurts most of us...there aren't many coaches that I'd rank ahead of Chris Peterson.

I won't steer my kids toward any college, but I'll definitely steer them AWAY from UW. There are less expensive instate options (if thats a concern) and if they choose to go a more prestigious route (which I fully endorse) there are over 50 schools ranked higher.

My fiancee recently moved to the PNW and has been horrified by the attitude of UW alums in the region. She went to a school much higher on this list, but because it isnt in the top 5, she doesn't think too much of it. She observed locals dont seem to realize no one outside of Washington thinks UW is anything special.

This reminds me of my favorite response when asked by Mutts, "What's the do a UW student and a WSU student have in common?" Before they can say "they both applied to UW" I say "neither got into Stanford." If you want to trigger obnoxious Huskies, this is the magic bullet.

WSU in-state "hosses" for the last decade:

2008 (Coach Paul Wulff)
Dan Spitz, Spokane Mead

2009 (CPW)
none

2010 (CPW)
John Fullington, North Mason
Jake Rodgers, Spokane Shadle Park

2011 (CPW)
*Joe Dahl, Spokane University (Montana signee; transferred to WSU when CPW retired)

2012 (Coach Mike Leach)
Sam Flor, Seattle O'Dea
B.J. Salmonson, Nooksack Valley

2013 (CML)
Cody O'Connell, Wenatchee
Cole Madison, OL, Sea-Tac Kennedy
Matt Meyer, Lynden

2014 (CML)
Andre Dillard, Woodinville

2015 (CML)
none

2016 (CML)
Josh Watson, Everett Cascade

2017 (CML)
Abraham Lucas, Everett Murphy
Dontae Powell, Richland (verbally committed)

2018 (CNL)
Cade Beresford, Woodinville

2019 (CML)
Patrick Utchinski, Walla Walla ???

A LOT of Coug Contributors and guys who played in the pros ... and several more who could be on their way in the next few years.

Great job of evaluating and developing talent by WSU coaching staffs!

Last edited:
Definitely away from them for a football scholarship. Way too much slime in Montlake over the years.

What? I get the rivalry hate about UW, but you’re saying that you’d scoff at a Chris Peterson scholarship offer? Really?

WSU in-state "hosses" for the last decade:

2008 (Coach Paul Wulff)
Dan Spitz, Spokane Mead

2009 (CPW)
none

2010 (CPW)
John Fullington, North Mason
Jake Rodgers, Spokane Shadle Park

2011 (CPW)
none

2012 (Coach Mike Leach)
Sam Flor, Seattle O'Dea
B.J. Salmonson, Nooksack Valley

2013 (CML)
Cody O'Connell, Wenatchee
Cole Madison, OL, Sea-Tac Kennedy
Matt Meyer, Lynden

2014 (CML)
Andre Dillard, Woodinville

2015 (CML)
none

2016 (CML)
Josh Watson, Everett Cascade

2017 (CML)
Abraham Lucas, Everett Murphy
Dontae Powell, Richland (verbally committed)

2018 (CNL)
Cade Beresford, Woodinville

2019 (CML)
Patrick Utchinski, Walla Walla ???

A LOT of Coug Contributors and guys who played in the pros ... and several more who could be on their way in the next few years.

Great job of evaluating and developing talent by WSU coaching staffs!

Joe Dahl please.

Fullington, Rogers, Madison, Dahl and probably Dillard all NFL guys. That’s a pretty decent batting average.

Leach because I know the kid would more than likely graduate, he’d learn hard work for sure, and at the end of the day I am not putting on purple to watch my kid play.
His mother can do it if he wants. If I do go to the games I would wear all crimson or whoever they are playing’s colors.

Is there some stuff that cuts in favor of Petersen and UW? Yeah, absolutely, and the majority of kids would choose UW over WSU, but what you're inferring here doesn't apply to everyone.

Rodrick Jackson-Fisher might've been the No. 1 prospect in Washington last year (US Army All-American wide receiver from Spokane East Valley).

RJF probably could've gone anywhere in the country, but he chose WSU.

Pretty much the same deal with Cade Beresford, the towering offensive lineman from Woodinville who told USC, Nebraska and the rest "No Thanks" and decided to Join the Hunt ®

IMHO, the so-called gap between WSU and any other school in the Pac-12 is narrowing with each 8-, 9- or 10-win season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT