ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes....just two weeks ago we were looking at 11-1

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
now we have questions all around. Coaches don't forget how to coach overnight. The fact the cougs won in the double digits speaks volumes how they coached the team up, and tells you how important Gardner was to the heeling to the program, and that when you have a common cause, teammates fight for each other.

I thought what were are seeing now is what we would have seen last year. You can't lose the Dline players in 14/15/16 like we did and not expect a huge fall off. We don't have a Herc, Barber, Destiny, Eukale. They haven't been replaced. How patient are you?

We may be two years if not three years from getting double digit wins again, and depending how Cooper or Cruz play next year we may tale a step back before we get the players up front to make the jump back to the top of the division.

reading some of the posts we really have blue blood expectations with the least resourced program that may have been in the top 20 consistently the last two years.

reading some of the posts we really have blue blood expectations with the least resourced program that may have been in the top 20 consistently the last two years.

I don't have blue blood expectations (yet). It bugs me HOW these guys are losing. Asking a team to play tough, play smart, and with heart isn't asking for blue blood status. There have been Coug teams with less talent that have played harder, smarter, and with more spirit.

now we have questions all around. Coaches don't forget how to coach overnight. The fact the cougs won in the double digits speaks volumes how they coached the team up, and tells you how important Gardner was to the heeling to the program, and that when you have a common cause, teammates fight for each other.

I thought what were are seeing now is what we would have seen last year. You can't lose the Dline players in 14/15/16 like we did and not expect a huge fall off. We don't have a Herc, Barber, Destiny, Eukale. They haven't been replaced. How patient are you?

We may be two years if not three years from getting double digit wins again, and depending how Cooper or Cruz play next year we may tale a step back before we get the players up front to make the jump back to the top of the division.

Predicting 3 years out in our league is impossible. Given how weak the P12 is, Leach could have a rebuilt defense and another great offense next season or the year after that.

As for asking how patient we are....are you kidding? We’ve suffered through a lot worse seasons than this. The meltdown against UCLA is what’s killed this season so far. Utah stuffed our offense last season too, so losing yesterday wasn’t unexpected. Not by me, anyway.

We’ll see if we get off the mat at ASU.

Predicting 3 years out in our league is impossible. Given how weak the P12 is, Leach could have a rebuilt defense and another great offense next season or the year after that.

As for asking how patient we are....are you kidding? We’ve suffered through a lot worse seasons than this. The meltdown against UCLA is what’s killed this season so far. Utah stuffed our offense last season too, so losing yesterday wasn’t unexpected. Not by me, anyway.

We’ll see if we get off the mat at ASU.

Yup, how we respond is how Leach earns his money this year. I'm hoping this was like in 2016 when we thought we were better than we were, got humbled early, got called out by Leach, and won 8 straight.

The team hasn't played to it's ability over the last 6 quarters. We have two weeks to fix it against an ASU team that doesn't blow anyone out but is hard to beat. If we can't summon some fight, we lose. If we bring our A game, we will put a hurting on ASU. All depends on which team shows up.

Utah is a top 10 team at home. I'm not worried about the offense at all. Now the defense is a different story. The bye has come at a perfect time. Gives the coaches some time to make adjustments. Need to find the best 11 players I did see some potential in Kwete and Hobbs. Nunn and Travion Brown have shown some potential. Will be interesting to see which assistant coaches go out on recruiting visits and which ones stay home, or even if Leach lets an assistant go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT