ADVERTISEMENT

You know the times when lots of people need to shut up and admit they dont know it all...

Jarrett Guarantano making $11,500 a week with Arizona.​

Good job man!​

I’m happy for JG as I am for any Coug who succeeds, but who needs to shut up? I’m all in with the congrats to him but explain the rest of your post.

Reactions: LeachPack
I guess those border states have a lot of contraband money...or something...to spend on unproven kids...but that at least explains their recruiting class.

Happy for him. His injury situation cost him here
One way to see it. Perhaps JDL was just the better QB at the time as well. Look at the QBs who started in front of Tom Brady. Everyone grows at a different pace, doesn’t mean someone wasn’t better than them at the time. Seemed pretty damn clear to me JDL was the better option.

Reactions: acgcoug and 79COUG
I’m happy for JG as I am for any Coug who succeeds, but who needs to shut up? I’m all in with the congrats to him but explain the rest of your post.
Don't you recall how many posters/fans thought he was a bust that needed to be benched?

Personally, I didn't think he was a starter on a Pac-12 winning team. I wanted him to kill it. He just didn't seem to read and adjust that well.

Super awesome for him though right?

Don't you recall how many posters/fans thought he was a bust that needed to be benched?

Personally, I didn't think he was a starter on a Pac-12 winning team. I wanted him to kill it. He just didn't seem to read and adjust that well.

In his only significant playing time, he threw 3 picks and was sacked 7 times in a loss to the freaking Utah Utes.

I guess just Rolo should have just stuck it out and hoped for the best?

What's your freaking point? How does him getting picked up by the Cards on their practice squad, behind Colt McCoy and Trace McSorley have to do with his time in Pullman? The Cougs took a flyer on him and he couldn't pick up the RnS, who cares? Pertaining to his time at WSU, he was a bust and needed to be benched. Those posters weren't wrong.

He sucked here. Awesome he is making money in the NFL, but that doesn’t change he looked like total ass on the WSU football field.

Maybe the light went on riding the pine? Maybe he matured? Maybe he realized this was his last shot and stepped on the gas? Maybe he landed in a scheme that uses what he does best best? Maybe better coaching? Lol Which is prob true. Or maybe he wasn’t in a rigged qb competition where the winner was already decided?

Good on him for advancing his career.

Jay Schroeder started 1 game in 5 years at UCLA, but was a 3rd round pick for the Redskins. The pros don't really care what your college numbers are, its all about the tools you have. Jeff Tuel, a Chad Davis calibre Cougar QB, made an NFL roster too!

Fair enough I guess, your initial post just reads like everyone should eat crow because he could have been a Heisman candidate if he was given a fair shake.

It’s ok that someone couldn’t figure it out in college then the light turned on in an NFL camp. Probably pretty rare, but certainly think Cougs are rooting for him nonetheless.

I don't think anyone is right or wrong, I don't think the Coug offense last year utilized his skills. He has raw talent, big arm, just never produced consistently. It's not like he is starting, he simply made the practice squad, which is an accomplishment considering he didn't play much at WSU. I wish him the best of luck, but the chances of him just carrying the clip board on the sidelines is still slim. Joe Falco and Kurt Warner and examples of guys that made it in the NFL, with limited success in college, so anything is possible. I hope things work out for him, maybe he'll surprise everyone

For ME personally...I just don't consider him a Coug. Good for him though. Practice squad is a pretty good gig. That's all I have to say about that.

Reactions: Cougini5591
For ME personally...I just don't consider him a Coug. Good for him though. Practice squad is a pretty good gig. That's all I have to say about that.
I guess part of my "feeling" on this is that I hope he loves WSU and that he gives a shout out and then we in turn as Coug fans support him as well.

Not trying to be overly philosophical here, but what's the real difference on someone who is 1-month, 1-year, 4-year, etc...? If he loves and supports WSU then any Coug fan ought to give it right back.

I will also say that there are so many things happening on the inside of sports that internet fans will never understand the "truth". I know guys that sold out after being big time Cougs (played and graduated) vs. guys that only had a temporary light taste and scream for WSU 24/7.

Some of the flipped haters have good reason to be as such. Other ones are just dumb asses.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
He came to WSU and put in a full time job on the football field, weight room, film room, etc. Good enough for me. These guys have NIL opportunities now, but being a college athlete is a helluva commitment and a lot of blood sweat and tears. Anyone who’s done that to wear the Coug uniform and without incident is as Coug as any other.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
I guess part of my "feeling" on this is that I hope he loves WSU and that he gives a shout out and then we in turn as Coug fans support him as well.

Not trying to be overly philosophical here, but what's the real difference on someone who is 1-month, 1-year, 4-year, etc...? If he loves and supports WSU then any Coug fan ought to give it right back.

I will also say that there are so many things happening on the inside of sports that internet fans will never understand the "truth". I know guys that sold out after being big time Cougs (played and graduated) vs. guys that only had a temporary light taste and scream for WSU 24/7.

Some of the flipped haters have good reason to be as such. Other ones are just dumb asses.
If he ever makes it as a starter and gets to name his School on the broadcast, I’m guessing he’ll go with his HS or his elementary school.

Guarantano is a physically gifted athlete who seems to be a pretty great practice player. It's translating that knowledge to the chaos of game conditions that holds him back. I'm not sure he can overcome that. If he does, great, but I wouldn't bank on it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT