ADVERTISEMENT

Leach detractors- have you seen IT?

Stats and graphs and the forthcoming pie chart doesn't make you smart. That's the part you and Wulffy don't get.
Just denying what they say because you don't care for the messenger doesn't make you smart either. That's that part you don't get.

You are no Hugh Millen. And just because you can cut and paste stats doesn't make you as smart as you think.
At least he is using something to back up a point he is trying to make. All you seem to do is deny, deny, deny and your reasoning is "because I said so."

2 wins year 3

That's Paul wulff chinook. Speaking of year 3 Mike Price won 4 games his 3rd year and his second didn't go to a bowl. He didn't do anything either according to your logic, and anyone that says otherwise is delusional.

You are no Hugh Millen. And just because you can cut and paste stats doesn't make you as smart as you think.
To be fair, if I were as smart as I think, I wouldn't be on here contesting you.

If I were even one-tenth as smart as I thought, I'd still run circles around you, and I'm at least a little smarter than that.

Also, the claim I'm making isn't that I'm Hugh Millen- I'm claiming Hugh Millen is both a football player and user of advanced stats, when you insisted there was no overlap between the two.

Last edited:
At least he is using something to back up a point he is trying to make. All you seem to do is deny, deny, deny and your reasoning is "because I said so."
It's not even really anything. These are things, that, even with the barest minimum of effort or interest, ANYONE should be aware of. But I guess if you insist it's not out there, you'll convince... I don't know... morons?

It's not even really anything. These are things, that, even with the barest minimum of effort or interest, ANYONE should be aware of. But I guess if you insist it's not out there, you'll convince... I don't know... morons?
Truly, there is some crap that goes both ways and neither side is innocent. However, one side of the argument uses both subjective and objective arguments. The other side uses only subjective arguments.

One person's answer is that when faced with an objective argument is not to refute the argument, but to try to minimize the person making the argument. "Your a stat geek" or "You must not have played sports".

Last edited:
That's Paul wulff chinook. Speaking of year 3 Mike Price won 4 games his 3rd year and his second didn't go to a bowl. He didn't do anything either according to your logic, and anyone that says otherwise is delusional.

I think we've officially entered the Twilight zone

Truly, there is some crap that goes both ways and neither side is innocent. However, one side of the argument uses both subjective and objective arguments. The other side uses only subjective arguments.

One person's answer is that when faced with an objective argument is not to refute the argument, but to try to minimize the person making the argument. "Your a stat geek" or "You must not have played sports".

I use the objective argument of two wins in year three... But I hold out subjective hope we're getting better and that Leach can achieve something close in his fourth season to what Walden and Price accomplished in their forth(sss)

You keep typing 2 games in year 3 and yet we won 3. You don't even know how many games we won last year.

No, sorry, that just ain't gonna fly here. If there's one cornerstone standard of the 6-40 Club, it's that REAL teams with Standards don't count fcs wins.

No, sorry, that just ain't gonna fly here. If there's one cornerstone standard of the 6-40 Club, it's that REAL teams with Standards don't count fcs wins.
You are right. However, you should have said this instead of what you did. The 6-40 of the 9-40 for Paul Wulff just did not start at 6-40, it evolved from people first explaining this. Then, it was shortened to what everyone knows as 6-40. They didn't just jump to the end like you did.

And I can agree with that. That said, I actually watch the games, not just read the box scores, and, as depressing a lesson as it may be, the last seven years have taught us that two win seasons don't all look the same.

A guy who led the ugly part of that graph up there into the programs first bowl game in a decade gets the benefit of the doubt when I see games- plural- blown up by a few terrible units, especially if those areas show a strong likelihood of being better this year.

It's a bowl team, and with all the new QB's in division, eight wins isn't the "look at that moron excited about the team!" notion some of our fans make it out to be.

I mean, by all accounts, those same people would have ridiculed people backing Price and Walden after year three, and been proven wrong by the end of the year... and neither of those guys had gone to any bowl.

Reactions: Cougatron

Okay well if we aren't doing that then Price went 3-7 in year 3 and 2-8 in year 2 so what now?

It still doesn't change the fact that Price and Leach are 1 game difference 3 years in with wins with Leach taking over one of the worst BCS teams in the country and Price taking over a team lead by a coach who would win the National Title in a few years elsewhere.

Or that Walden the Wizard who took over a 6 win team had fewer wins by year 3.

The only Coach in the last 40 years of our history who screwed up the program badly was Wulff. He will go down historically as the worst coach ever in our history, and probably will be considered one of the worst in the BCS era. There is no stopping that. It's done. His history is written here.

2 Conference Championships. 2 Rose Bowls.

But you go on trashing actual accomplishment, Screach

Year 9. What you don't understand is YOU are the one that's trashing them, YOU are the one who would be crying and complaining about Price in year 3.

You realize then that hole was even deeper than the 9-40 crater. Worse than Marshall after the plan crash and worse than SMU after the death penalty.

If only Wulff didn't have to count FCS teams; you'd be able to wipe about half of his QB injuries off the board.

2 Conference Championships. 2 Rose Bowls.

But you go on trashing actual accomplishment, Screach
So you believe that after taking over for Coach Wulff and to be even with Coach Price right now, Coach Leach should have two conference championships / Rosebowls in his three years. Interesting. I disagree, but interesting how you think about things.

95...my sincere apologies. Why I hate the existing format. Text gets lost, words go missing, and sometimes a response meant for one person goes to another. Very key word and sentence missing. What was in my head, written, but never got posted is Flat talked about hate, a very powerful word, and I wouldn't accuse anyone of hate unless I personally met them; But I will say there is an obsession with regards to Wulff. Leach's either accomplishments or shortcomings can be summed up without bringing a Wulff comparison. For example, I knew the moment Leach would e successful is the moment he talked about recruiting the offensive line. Or I knew Leach didn't have it when the special teams and defense regressed while playing his recruits.

But what happened is the thread deviated into when they knew Wulff didn't have it. Deviation which has frustrated you when I deviate from the original topic. The original topic was about Leach. I could easily answer that question one way or another without the slightest reference to the past.

EDIT: Another one, just human nature to want to be "right". Hence your inability to stop posting on such threads, as well as the existence of such threads...

-Agreed. Not a fan of the new format.

-Agree, there is an obsession. You are not immune to it. So? Internet is full of things I don't like but I don't police them. You believe this site is spewing forth bad info… You and your brother believe your the defenders of truth on this subject. This is your stated reason for continual responses on the CPW topic. Seems a little "obsessive", as well. Think of that overall concept. You know the truth so you keep an eagle eye on this site and when someone says something that is contrary to the "truth", you will fight it and explain the REAL truth… Great...

-I don't care when the thread goes along an normal pathway. Example: Hey! Look football is a great sport. It has a funny looking ball, they play with. Kinda reminds me of Rugby. I like rugby. Wonder if WSU has a club team?"
Your version of "deviation". Example: Hey! Look football is a great sport. Girls are pretty, especially when they are hairy and have missing teeth. Interesting, did you know a polymorphonuclear leukocyte has a finite lifespan? My first car was a 56 Chevy Nomad. The brand "Scotch" has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's just sticky tape and I like to put some on my nose then pull up and stick the other end to my forehead. It makes me look funny and I laugh. Edirol has good sound, considering what you pay. I need to go buy some stock in Apple, today. Pretty, hairy girls with missing teeth… Sasquatch? Interesting..."
And then you somehow try to tie all those together. So I'm sorry I'm not as smart as you to be able to tie all the gobbledegook together like you do. I can't follow your train of thought worth a crap. We've gone over this ad naseaum, as you indicate. :eek: I will give you a couple quotes, though:
“Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple.” C. W. Ceran
"Too often, people over-complicate things in business in an attempt to display their intelligence, when in reality they end up pushing people away and ultimately losing credibility."

From a Forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/amyanderson/2014/02/27/keeping-it-simple-doesnt-mean-youre-stupid/

-Regarding your edit: Show me one place where I posted that I was "right" or my belief was the end-all. I posted on this thread because of yours, and others, inability to look beyond the low lying fruit of the word "hate" when there are multiple reasons for the "obsession". Multiple people, multiple backgrounds, multiple reasons and you are among the masses in this obsession. But It's only been a few people that have tried to make blankets analysis of this group as "hate" being the motivation for the obsession.

-Agreed. Not a fan of the new format.

-Agree, there is an obsession. You are not immune to it. So? Internet is full of things I don't like but I don't police them. You believe this site is spewing forth bad info… You and your brother believe your the defenders of truth on this subject. This is your stated reason for continual responses on the CPW topic. Seems a little "obsessive", as well. Think of that overall concept. You know the truth so you keep an eagle eye on this site and when someone says something that is contrary to the "truth", you will fight it and explain the REAL truth… Great...

-I don't care when the thread goes along an normal pathway. Example: Hey! Look football is a great sport. It has a funny looking ball, they play with. Kinda reminds me of Rugby. I like rugby. Wonder if WSU has a club team?"
Your version of "deviation". Example: Hey! Look football is a great sport. Girls are pretty, especially when they are hairy and have missing teeth. Interesting, did you know a polymorphonuclear leukocyte has a finite lifespan? My first car was a 56 Chevy Nomad. The brand "Scotch" has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's just sticky tape and I like to put some on my nose then pull up and stick the other end to my forehead. It makes me look funny and I laugh. Edirol has good sound, considering what you pay. I need to go buy some stock in Apple, today. Pretty, hairy girls with missing teeth… Sasquatch? Interesting..."
And then you somehow try to tie all those together. So I'm sorry I'm not as smart as you to be able to tie all the gobbledegook together like you do. I can't follow your train of thought worth a crap. We've gone over this ad naseaum, as you indicate. :eek: I will give you a couple quotes, though:
“Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple.” C. W. Ceran
"Too often, people over-complicate things in business in an attempt to display their intelligence, when in reality they end up pushing people away and ultimately losing credibility."

From a Forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/amyanderson/2014/02/27/keeping-it-simple-doesnt-mean-youre-stupid/

-Regarding your edit: Show me one place where I posted that I was "right" or my belief was the end-all. I posted on this thread because of yours, and others, inability to look beyond the low lying fruit of the word "hate" when there are multiple reasons for the "obsession". Multiple people, multiple backgrounds, multiple reasons and you are among the masses in this obsession. But It's only been a few people that have tried to make blankets analysis of this group as "hate" being the motivation for the obsession.
Ed does have an agenda/ossession. I and others have posted numerous posts regarding new recruits, Dr. Floyd, etc. Yet, Ed has not posted in any of them. He does post in threads when Wulff is involved though. Sponge however, did post in the Dr. Floyd thread. Still very sad and unexpected.

Ed does have an agenda/ossession. I and others have posted numerous posts regarding new recruits, Dr. Floyd, etc. Yet, Ed has not posted in any of them. He does post in threads when Wulff is involved though. Sponge however, did post in the Dr. Floyd thread. Still very sad and unexpected.

Both Brothers Dumb are brand x'rs; Ed is a subscriber. You do not see them spewing forth their obsessive drivel there. Why is that? Here, they and a few others were toasted for the love of 2008-2011 during 2008-2011, Ed mostly for his famous prediction that Wulff would mirror Price 1998-2002 (or 2003 if you count Doba's first year). He held up what would become the worst-ever string of recruiting classes as equals to '98, '99, 2000. He touted Louis Bland has the next great Cougar LB; Mike Vandenkolk as the Second Coming of Mike Levenseller; Zack Williams as a future NFL Pro Bowl selection. His fanny still warm from the ridicule, he now exists here for one purpose: spam and spew his PTSD-fueled bitterness, joined by little bro, HWGC and his assorted other handles. The equalizer in their box-canyon minds is their hope that Leach fails. Nevermind the fact that if Leach fails, this program fails. Intelligent WSU fans don't want this, which is why they knew Wulff had to be fired. As Moos said, WSU was being left in the dust.
But change has been difficult, if not traumatic for a few here, some who are forever stuck in the past. If Leach succeeds as Moos and nearly all fans hope he will, the misfits that continue polluting this board will vanish.

Okay well if we aren't doing that then Price went 3-7 in year 3 and 2-8 in year 2 so what now?

It still doesn't change the fact that Price and Leach are 1 game difference 3 years in with wins with Leach taking over one of the worst BCS teams in the country and Price taking over a team lead by a coach who would win the National Title in a few years elsewhere.

Or that Walden the Wizard who took over a 6 win team had fewer wins by year 3.

The only Coach in the last 40 years of our history who screwed up the program badly was Wulff. He will go down historically as the worst coach ever in our history, and probably will be considered one of the worst in the BCS era. There is no stopping that. It's done. His history is written here.
Tron...where you MAY lose me is applying what Walden and Price did. Why should that be a standard? But if I may restate what you are saying, a rebuild takes time in Pullman, and we should allow the coach the time afforded to do so, correct?

I knew Price was a winner the night I met him at the Red Lion the night he flew into SeaTac.

It was Yaki and Longtime who hated Price... long before your day, I realize.

Tron...where you MAY lose me is applying what Walden and Price did. Why should that be a standard? But if I may restate what you are saying, a rebuild takes time in Pullman, and we should allow the coach the time afforded to do so, correct?
OK, so judging him against his predecessor is just so unfair, but judging him against the BEST COACH in program history... is being overly lenient, and there should be... what, a harder standard? After "The Crimson Crater"? Man, you're a peach.

Ummm 1990...several thoughts. First, point me to posts over the last 10 years where I post on recruits. I don't. Never have. I know in private I spoke to several people after attending the doba dinners in the early to mid 2000's and I was scratching my head as I didn't see the explosion on tape that I have witnessed on the field over the years. I didn't know where Shelton Danzy was going to play for instance. But I never have been invested in recruiting because it is the 50% rule. 50% never either play or live up to the hype or stay on campus. Once I see them I do make a comment. If you go back, I never made a comment on Daniel Simmons or Bland until I saw them play. So why act like this is new?

As to Dr. Floyd, when he passed away I was in Portland at a Bball tourney, so even if I was inclined to write something, I was in a gym for three straight days. But that said, I have never written on the board when someone passed away. It is not my style. If I know President Floyd and his family I would send a note the family.

BTW, this was not a Paul Wulff thread. The title says Leach detractors. I waited several days to respond. The thread actually turned into the moment they knew Wulff didn't have it.

OK, so judging him against his predecessor is just so unfair, but judging him against the BEST COACH in program history... is being overly lenient, and there should be... what, a harder standard? After "The Crimson Crater"? Man, you're a peach.
I didn't say that, you did. I asked the question.

Both Brothers Dumb are brand x'rs; Ed is a subscriber. You do not see them spewing forth their obsessive drivel there. Why is that? Here, they and a few others were toasted for the love of 2008-2011 during 2008-2011, Ed mostly for his famous prediction that Wulff would mirror Price 1998-2002 (or 2003 if you count Doba's first year). He held up what would become the worst-ever string of recruiting classes as equals to '98, '99, 2000. He touted Louis Bland has the next great Cougar LB; Mike Vandenkolk as the Second Coming of Mike Levenseller; Zack Williams as a future NFL Pro Bowl selection. His fanny still warm from the ridicule, he now exists here for one purpose: spam and spew his PTSD-fueled bitterness, joined by little bro, HWGC and his assorted other handles. The equalizer in their box-canyon minds is their hope that Leach fails. Nevermind the fact that if Leach fails, this program fails. Intelligent WSU fans don't want this, which is why they knew Wulff had to be fired. As Moos said, WSU was being left in the dust.
But change has been difficult, if not traumatic for a few here, some who are forever stuck in the past. If Leach succeeds as Moos and nearly all fans hope he will, the misfits that continue polluting this board will vanish.

Yaki, just cause you write something doesn't make it true. If you had balls you would come clean about you posting my co-workers name on this board. You are so dishonest it is unbelievable. Are you saying I was the person who originally said she was hot and posted her first name on the board? And as you ask my brother to prove the post, what would you say if I could reproduce it? I will tell you for very personal reasons I can prove to you and this board if need be that you went to the website, put her name on the board, and asked me if she was hot. Again, explain the rationale for doing such a thing?

As to football matters, I thought you said I compared Bland to Fields. Now he was just the next great linebacker. I said he was the best defensive player on the field in the Apple Cup, and that he was the last person in the recruiting class and it somewhat alleviated my biggest concern about Wulff being the head coach; and that was identifying Pac 10 talent. I also said it makes me wonder what else he had in those classes since Bland was the last to join the class, and the one player I had seen was Cory McKay and I thought he had a chance to be a great great defensive end.

As to Mike Van I never commented on him I never saw him play. Never made one comment about Williams until after he left, and that was in past tense that he was drafted. You do get Williams was thought to play left tackle for WSU, and was moved to center for a reason. For Williams, turned out to be the right reason and he got drafted.
As to Brand X, you continue to spout this. I am never on the site, I never post there. I have 10 posts in 5 years over there. You get that right? I never go there.

I knew Price was a winner the night I met him at the Red Lion the night he flew into SeaTac.

It was Yaki and Longtime who hated Price... long before your day, I realize.

Now you're just lifting up your skirt to get attention. Price is a personal friend of mine. Lower the skirt and slither away, HWGC.

Only you could come up with one having an agenda on a msg board. And you wonder why I clown you relentlessly.

It a F'ng msg board! Hello!

Reactions: chinookpirate
Ummm 1990...several thoughts. First, point me to posts over the last 10 years where I post on recruits. I don't. Never have. I know in private I spoke to several people after attending the doba dinners in the early to mid 2000's and I was scratching my head as I didn't see the explosion on tape that I have witnessed on the field over the years. I didn't know where Shelton Danzy was going to play for instance. But I never have been invested in recruiting because it is the 50% rule. 50% never either play or live up to the hype or stay on campus. Once I see them I do make a comment. If you go back, I never made a comment on Daniel Simmons or Bland until I saw them play. So why act like this is new?

As to Dr. Floyd, when he passed away I was in Portland at a Bball tourney, so even if I was inclined to write something, I was in a gym for three straight days. But that said, I have never written on the board when someone passed away. It is not my style. If I know President Floyd and his family I would send a note the family.

BTW, this was not a Paul Wulff thread. The title says Leach detractors. I waited several days to respond. The thread actually turned into the moment they knew Wulff didn't have it.

More lies. You've gone Ed Nauseam over guys named Hamill, Blume, and Danzy in football, and Harthun, Brown, and Witherill in men's hoops. You practically creamed yourself over Tuel, Mackay, Gonzales, Williams, Bland and quite a few others when the object of your desires recruited them.

Take your meds for gods sake!

I never go over to brand x...and I never post there. Maybe your 4th personality is acting up and seeing things.

My handle there is longduckdong1. Haven't posted in nearly 2 yrs...and Iquit paying after the 3rd straight yr of the same article "we are lifting harder than we ever have"

More lies. You've gone Ed Nauseam over guys named Hamill, Blume, and Danzy in football, and Harthun, Brown, and Witherill in men's hoops. You practically creamed yourself over Tuel, Mackay, Gonzales, Williams, Bland and quite a few others when the object of your desires recruited them.
You are a liar.

I was at the recruiting dinner with him that Shelton Danzy appeared and and we both were like WTF.

Take your meds boy.

Because I am not buying his spin.

You've said countless times on here you are what your record says you are. We are 3-9x2

Take your meds for gods sake!

I never go over to brand x...and I never post there. Maybe your 4th personality is acting up and seeing things.

My handle there is longduckdong1. Haven't posted in nearly 2 yrs...and Iquit paying after the 3rd straight yr of the same article "we are lifting harder than we ever have"

So, handles based on a children's cartoon character and a racism-laden term for a character in "Sixteen Candles." Says pretty much all anyone needs to know about your lack of intellect. Good work, little fella.

Reactions: wulffui
Only you could come up with one having an agenda on a msg board. And you wonder why I clown you relentlessly.
Yeah, nothing says "no agenda" like, LITERALLY, using the word "relentlessly" to describe your agenda in THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE.

Was WSU a preschool when you went there?

Because I am not buying his spin.

You've said countless times on here you are what your record says you are. We are 3-9x2
Not buying my "spin"... on facts. Not "up for interpretation" stuff. Facts.

There is none so blind as he who refuses to see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT