ADVERTISEMENT

2-7 in league

Biggs is like your crazy aunt who is obsessed with some pet topic (politics, social issues, etc.) and just spouts off on Facebook with no critical thought, zero self-awareness, and zero concern for any real-world implications of whatever the **** he is arguing for, to the extent his inane blustering can be crystallized into something specific that actually would have implications we could assess.

"Get rid of the 'loser' fans who don't agree with me." Consider all the ways this makes no sense. What does this mean? Get a group of a couple of "winner" fans among the couple dozen of participants on a near-defunct message board who agrees with Biggs' insane views because he was an assistant coach in D2 at some point? Tell the rest of the entirety of WSU's fan base to go away? Neither Biggs nor any of the couple of sycophants who appear to agree with him sometimes have any money, influence, or say regarding anything, or any ability to effectuate anything. At all. To the extent he has any actual palpable ideas about anything that a winner fan would support, they aren't actionable. So what does this mean and what is he actually arguing for? Ask him if you want. Like everything else, you'll just get crickets when it comes time to get deeper or more serious than yelling at clouds.

"Put 30,000 empty bleacher seats in Martin to impress recruits." We've written enough about this, but it's just ****ing inane. No chance of happening, it never had a chance of happening even when there was some scintilla of a chance any serious person could get behind it (when WSU was still at least theoretically going to be competing with the big boys for recruits and had a seat in P5), and even if there were some realistic way to raise the hundreds of millions of dollars to do it, absolutely no serious people in a position to make it happen would want to use the money for that. Because it's absolutely ****ing stupid.

There have been others over the years, often inconsistent. Never practical, actionable, or anything anyone with a brain would take seriously.

Once you realize Biggs should just be ignored unless you want to get an ex-D2 assistant coach's take on Xs and Os, or a slightly above-average message board participant's view of which programs matter or not in terms of having money or tradition (which you could get yourself in 5 minutes using Google), you will be better off.
He's entertaining. I hope he keeps posting. Maybe he's HHusky in disguise?

you can walk away from it and WSU would lose exactly…$0
No... if we walk away from NIL we will become the worst Division 1 Team in the Western United States including Hawaii.

This whole freaking argument and standing by people here is more about "culture".

WSU has almost always been a school where players will work their asses off to prove the the "big boys" that they made a mistake.

If we don't go NIL... our only players will be players cut from other schools or players so bad that not only were they never wanted, but they also proved they shouldn't be wanted.

If we end up in the same conference/level as Hawaii... and we give out $0.00 to athletes... why the f*ck would you pick WSU?

Maybe academics I guess, but that seems to be independent of being a good football player on a team that will go 0 and 12.

I have watched enough people/posters on this board trying to make fun of "red necks"... stating the South Eastern US has stupid people with stupid politics/policies...

Maybe... just maybe... those folks down South got it right when it comes to football and where to put their money.

Does anyone here really think the West has been smarter and better for college football in any way shape or form?

No... if we walk away from NIL we will become the worst Division 1 Team in the Western United States including Hawaii.

This whole freaking argument and standing by people here is more about "culture".

WSU has almost always been a school where players will work their asses off to prove the the "big boys" that they made a mistake.

If we don't go NIL... our only players will be players cut from other schools or players so bad that not only were they never wanted, but they also proved they shouldn't be wanted.

If we end up in the same conference/level as Hawaii... and we give out $0.00 to athletes... why the f*ck would you pick WSU?

Maybe academics I guess, but that seems to be independent of being a good football player on a team that will go 0 and 12.

I have watched enough people/posters on this board trying to make fun of "red necks"... stating the South Eastern US has stupid people with stupid politics/policies...

Maybe... just maybe... those folks down South got it right when it comes to football and where to put their money.

Does anyone here really think the West has been smarter and better for college football in any way shape or form?
I respect your opinion here. Now go reread my post (if you’d like). I never said “we”.

I think you will see teams walk away from NIL in the near future. Schools now need a full staff to go out and fundraise and dig up sponsorship deals. Some schools won’t have a prob doing it. For others it will be a disaster.

Tell me, if you looked at the retention of the recruiting classes… Is WSU getting kids to stay 4-5 years? Or are they already a school with kids cut/quit/left for some reason from somewhere else?

You fcking losers are stalkers. I do not want anything to do with you losers. Click ignore and move on.
Maybe you're right. We're all just feeding a troll. If we ALL ignored you, then you could just continue to have this conversation with yourself and only yourself. Time has passed you by. Taihtsat

I think you will see teams walk away from NIL in the near future. Schools now need a full staff to go out and fundraise and dig up sponsorship deals. Some schools won’t have a prob doing it. For others it will be a disaster.

Tell me, if you looked at the retention of the recruiting classes… Is WSU getting kids to stay 4-5 years? Or are they already a school with kids cut/quit/left for some reason from somewhere else?
That’s the crux of being a developmental program. Spot diamonds in the rough, develop them and have the fat cats contact Them and just purchase them off your roster. RaRa Thomas for Leach at MSU 247 had him .86 3 star ranked 118th best receiver in the country. Leach develops him, gets one good year out of him then Georgia buys him.

Hard to believe there are no rules whatsoever.

That’s the crux of being a developmental program. Spot diamonds in the rough, develop them and have the fat cats contact Them and just purchase them off your roster. RaRa Thomas for Leach at MSU 247 had him .86 3 star ranked 118th best receiver in the country. Leach develops him, gets one good year out of him then Georgia buys him.

Hard to believe there are no rules whatsoever.

No enforcement. No policing. 4 year schools are now 1-2 year stops.

No enforcement. No policing. 4 year schools are now 1-2 year stops.
If you think about it, if you’re in demand it would be stupid to stay four years if you can just transfer and cash in on a new nil deal, sometimes you get two free transfers if your coach is fired. so change schools every year and cash in on free agency bidding.

Reactions: UberCougars
It's 100 times worse for basketball
If you want to see player salaries explode, limit the number of players eligible to hit the portal. It would also guarantee any transfer eligible player would bolt from a school like WSU.

This very dynamic happened with MLB free agency. Owners thought they were clever by limiting the pool of free agents, Marvin Miller knew a scarce talent pool would get players paid once they hit it.

Frankly, so many players are in the portal now it drives down their value. There are dozens of Josh Kelly and Kyle Williams types available each year. And we haven't really used NIL to entice anyone to transfer in. Cam being the exception, but he took less to come here.

If you want to see player salaries explode, limit the number of players eligible to hit the portal. It would also guarantee any transfer eligible player would bolt from a school like WSU.

This very dynamic happened with MLB free agency. Owners thought they were clever by limiting the pool of free agents, Marvin Miller knew a scarce talent pool would get players paid once they hit it.

Frankly, so many players are in the portal now it drives down their value. There are dozens of Josh Kelly and Kyle Williams types available each year. And we haven't really used NIL to entice anyone to transfer in. Cam being the exception, but he took less to come here.
One way to stay ahead of the game is to have really good talent evaluators.

i think the air raid under Leachs tutelage and when he had his good staffs together would be almost NIL Portal Proof. he can always find the tons of wrongly evaluated receivers and develop them. he could find the qb that wasn’t highly recruited or would be relatively cheap for NIl, Minshew is a good example. he could build and develop Pretty good O lines every year with players that weren’t highly ranked.

He would still win 8-10 games and beat most teams outside the top ten every year.
Maybe one of the coaches off his coaching tree will duplicate that.

Last edited:
Reactions: M-I-Coug
One way to stay ahead of the game is to have really good talent evaluators.

i think the air raid under Leachs tutelage and when he had his good staffs together would be almost NIL Portal Proof. he can always find the tons of wrongly evaluated receivers and develop them. he could find the qb that wasn’t highly recruited or would be relatively cheap for NIl, Minshew is a good example. he could build and develop Pretty good O lines every year with players that weren’t highly ranked.

He would still win 8-10 games and beat most teams outside the top ten every year.
Maybe one of the coaches off his coaching tree will duplicate that.
It's hard to know.

A big part of Leach’s ability to plug and play was repetition. I don't recall many players coming in and making a major impact in year one. Plus I have a hard time believing we would have been able to retain the core which rebuilt the program. I'm not sure Leach’s teams would have ever been able to execute at a level high enough to overcome the talent deficit.

Basically he could beat much more talented teams with 2 and 3 star,players. for the most part those guys would go unscathed in the NIL world.

Basically he could beat much more talented teams with 2 and 3 star,players. for the most part those guys would go unscathed in the NIL world.

Andre Dillard would have been difficult to keep. As would have been dozens of the great 2-3 star talents Leach brought in.

Andre Dillard would have been difficult to keep. As would have been dozens of the great 2-3 star talents Leach brought in.
You have a small nil budget , you can keep a few players. As a have not you may slip,a,little but not near as much as the others who run a more talent dependent system. Its a little like Billy Bean.

If you think about it, if you’re in demand it would be stupid to stay four years if you can just transfer and cash in on a new nil deal, sometimes you get two free transfers if your coach is fired. so change schools every year and cash in on free agency bidding.

One free transfer and one grad transfer. I wonder if you can get a third transfer on top of those if the coach is fired???

I dont have an issue with kids transferring. It’s their college career. It’s 4 years. Make the best of it.

Kids are outsmarting schools. Why would you pay a kid all this $$$ on a 1 year deal??? Make them sign a multi year deal or else they have to pay to break the contract.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Marks, Cracraft, Boobie, Borghi, Morrow, Dillard, Lucas all would have needed to be recruited every year. Probably Falk and even Hilinski too. And they’re not the only ones.

One free transfer and one grad transfer. I wonder if you can get a third transfer on top of those if the coach is fired???

I dont have an issue with kids transferring. It’s their college career. It’s 4 years. Make the best of it.

Kids are outsmarting schools. Why would you pay a kid all this $$$ on a 1 year deal??? Make them sign a multi year deal or else they have to pay to break the contract.
Its probably coming, as soon as schools start getting screwed they will take steps to stop it

The talent will be out there, you still only start 22

Agree. There are only so many spots. Someone will be disgruntled at not playing and leave.

WSU is not the only school like this. Kids are only gonna sit for so long before they wanna play. Collectives aren’t gonna pay dead weight…

Reactions: kougkurt
Marks, Cracraft, Boobie, Borghi, Morrow, Dillard, Lucas all would have needed to be recruited every year. Probably Falk and even Hilinski too. And they’re not the only ones.
You would need a small niL budget to lock down a few key players and you may lose a couple but I think you are overestimating NIl demand for the non star players. Outside the blue chip programs, most of the mid tier teams have a few key players on offense and defense with NIL deals, the majority of the players are not not getting much NIL money. they are also not in demand. if you look at the portal the majority of the kids get passed over or have to move down to a less competitive program.

Teams built with 2 and 3 star players who run a system that leverages talent have a competitive edge to compensate for a lack of $$$. IF they have the coaches, the talent evaluators and the offensive system.

I think you would get a third, if the coach leaves that’s a free transfer on top of the other two

Different era, kids now want it all right away. If they dont get it they leave
So, how does only 22 starting help WSU in the current environment? Players wanted it all back in the 60s too. That's why they were flocking to Alabama, USC, etc. even though those schools had packed depth charts. There just wasn't a mechanism for them to leave.

So, how does only 22 starting help WSU in the current environment? Players wanted it all back in the 60s too. That's why they were flocking to Alabama, USC, etc. even though those schools had packed depth charts. There just wasn't a mechanism for them to leave.
Now there is a mechanism

Id like to see how much Walkons at byu get paid. If 60 players got a truck you are still looking at a relatively small nil budget Or the cost of one quarterback nil. I don’t think 1.5 million in nil with fan donations and a couple of corporate sponsors Is out of anyone’s reach.

Id like to see how much Walkons at byu get paid. If 60 players got a truck you are still looking at a relatively small nil budget Or the cost of one quarterback nil. I don’t think 1.5 million in nil with fan donations and a couple of corporate sponsors Is out of anyone’s reach.
All walk ons at BYU have NIL deals worth tuition.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
All 85 at Utah get a truck. According to the interwebs, Ram 1500 lease terms are $744 per month with $2,000 down. So, even with a bulk discount that's in the neighborhood of $10,000 for some guys that will never play.

All 85 at Utah get a truck. According to the interwebs, Ram 1500 lease terms are $744 per month with $2,000 down. So, even with a bulk discount that's in the neighborhood of $10,000 for some guys that will never play.

Leases make the total even cheaper less than a million total per year. That’s a small NIL %. Going rate for a quarterback is more than that.

It‘s like getting a schlorship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT