ADVERTISEMENT

2-7 in league

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
The Pac 12 was average to bad. I said so in a thread a while back and was chastised. I know good football when I see it and bad football when I see it. When 9 teams finish 1-8 to 5-4 in league play…. very middle class to lower class.

WSU had way too many games against teams that had awful years last year to only win 2. Outcoached all year by a staff that has no business in Power 5 football.

Then to listen to Dickfore say that Ward is a “high level NFL guy” in the presser last night… wtf is that? Either he is just fluffing his player to make him look better than he is (Meion Sanders) OR he has no fcking clue what he is looking at. WSU has had high level NFL guys at QB. Even had some guys that were just NFL guys. Not fcking one of them is the circus act that Ward is behind center. All of them would have led WSU to victory last night.

If your HC can’t recognize talent at the QB position, you have the wrong guy.

Time for Dickfore to go. 2-7 against this soft ass league? No way. And now he is gonna lead WSU into an uncertain future? Wow.

Dickert seems to be the exact opposite of Leach. Leach's team were more consistent within conference play and during the season but were no shows in the Apple Cup. Dickert's teams are not very consistent during the season but they really have always played their best games in the Apple Cup.

Biggs,

Why don't you go eat some stuffing and turkey and STFU? If you actually "knew" how to coach big boy football...you would have done it. We will know how good the Pac-12 is in a month or so when bowl games are done. Your dumb ass has developed amnesia and has seemed to forget that the Pac-12 had the best record against other Power 5 conferences this year and by far the best OOC record overall. USC was a pretender and they got smoked in conference play this year. Utah looked like a world beater until they started playing Pac-12 schools. Arizona probably would have finished 11-1 if they would have realized that JDL was trash sooner.

I'm disappointed with how our season went and this certainly shouldn't be forgotten when we evaluate Dickert's career at WSU but it's important to remember that the mighty Mike Leach managed to go 3-9 in his third season and finished with a losing record in his final season at WSU. You never judge a coach based on one season unless you are a bitter old never-has-been who's jealous that they weren't good enough to reach for the brass ring.

Bigg’s coached community college football for one year, 30 years ago with no trophy. He’s an expert.

We’re just lucky he chooses to post here at all.

I don’t mean to frighten you but, Imagine a world where Bigg’s sacred football knowledge is locked behind a paywall!

Dickert seems to be the exact opposite of Leach. Leach's team were more consistent within conference play and during the season but were no shows in the Apple Cup. Dickert's teams are not very consistent during the season but they really have always played their best games in the Apple Cup.

702 yards given up last year.

Dickfore sucks.

Look at these ignored comments! I knew the fcking idiots couldnt help themselves.

The ignore function should work 2 ways. Ignored from your view AND their view.

Dickfore had led WSU to 7th place last year and 11th place this year. I will not be dealt into the circle jerk of 11th place fans.

Fire his ass and move on before it gets even worse!

WSU limited UW to 303 yards of total offense THIS year, on the road. Has any other team played UW that tough?

Objectively, UW is one of the best teams in College football this year.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
11th place finish. So much winning!!!

Time to fire Dickfore and Chunk.

Leach to NewTurd to Dickfore. Chunk sunk WSU football.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Biggs to say what he's saying. No way should we be celebrating this season when we lose to guys like Stanford... Arizona State... Cal...

Remember we had 12th year seniors on defense. Greatest Offensive brain in all of college football. And an NFL QB.

We just finished 5 & 7. Totally disappointing.

Now on the flip side... I don't know what we can really do right now to make things better. We don't have a conference. Good/great players will get sucked outta the Palouse Paradise.

Furthermore... I don't know if Dickert needs to get chopped. What were we with Price in 1989... 1990... 1991...? The argument isn't just in basing the firing on record.

I will base my decision on the Offensive Line. Plain and simple. There's no way that we should be watching schools from BELOW the Pac-12 in the Western US have better linemen. Maybe a tiny bit with academics, but I'm not hearing it. Guys that have done 2 to 3 years of college at 4-year schools are fine academically.

We made a choice to not focus on the Offensive Line.

Again... Biggs has every right to stand his ground.

I'm not on the Fire Dickert Train, but I'm ready to buy tickets to go on that ride.

I'm also increasing my Cougar Collective donations. I hope all you guys are as well.

Last edited:
I’m disappointed in the season and with Dickert as well. 5-7 against this schedule is a poor showing. That said, there’s no scenario in which WSU can fire him, so you’re pretty much screaming into the void of that’s what you want.

I’m disappointed in the season and with Dickert as well. 5-7 against this schedule is a poor showing. That said, there’s no scenario in which WSU can fire him, so you’re pretty much screaming into the void of that’s what you want.

Sadly, I agree. Chunk extended this awful coach and hamstrung WSU. He should be shitcanned too.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
The Pac 12 was average to bad. I said so in a thread a while back and was chastised. I know good football when I see it and bad football when I see it. When 9 teams finish 1-8 to 5-4 in league play…. very middle class to lower class.

WSU had way too many games against teams that had awful years last year to only win 2. Outcoached all year by a staff that has no business in Power 5 football.

Then to listen to Dickfore say that Ward is a “high level NFL guy” in the presser last night… wtf is that? Either he is just fluffing his player to make him look better than he is (Meion Sanders) OR he has no fcking clue what he is looking at. WSU has had high level NFL guys at QB. Even had some guys that were just NFL guys. Not fcking one of them is the circus act that Ward is behind center. All of them would have led WSU towe victory last night.

Time for Dickfore to go. 2-7 against this soft ass league? No way. And now he is gonna lead WSU into an uncertain future? Wow.
We lost 6 of our last 7 games, against mainly crappy teams. A change is not out of line

Reactions: BiggsCoug

Then to listen to Dickfore say that Ward is a “high level NFL guy” in the presser last night… wtf is that? Either he is just fluffing his player to make him look better than he is (Meion Sanders) OR he has no fcking clue what he is looking at. WSU has had high level NFL guys at QB. Even had some guys that were just NFL guys. Not fcking one of them is the circus act that Ward is behind center. All of them would have led WSU to victory last night.

All is well. Biggs is covering the buyout and will bankroll the NIL fund. Big boy wants big boy football!

Reactions: Lollapalousa
We lost 6 of our last 7 games, against mainly crappy teams. A change is not out of line
Except for the facts that we don’t have a conference, the Athletic Department is broke, and our roster is about to be picked clean.

Whether you lie Dickert or not, the only choice is to keep him.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Look at these ignored comments! I knew the fcking idiots couldnt help themselves.

The ignore function should work 2 ways. Ignored from your view AND their view.

Dickfore had led WSU to 7th place last year and 11th place this year. I will not be dealt into the circle jerk of 11th place fans.

Fire his ass and move on before it gets even worse!
The guy that calls everyone a coward lacks the courage to even see posts that disagree with his vaunted football wisdom.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
For perspective, my friends in AZ are not alone when they say that OSU needs to fire their 11-1 coach simply because he has lost to their rival for three years in a row.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Biggs to say what he's saying. No way should we be celebrating this season when we lose to guys like Stanford... Arizona State... Cal...

Remember we had 12th year seniors on defense. Greatest Offensive brain in all of college football. And an NFL QB.

Now on the flip side... I don't know what we can really do right now to make things better. We don't have a conference. Good/great players will get sucked outta the Palouse Paradise.

Furthermore... I don't know if Dickert needs to get chopped. What were we with Price in 1989... 1990... 1991...? The argument isn't just in basing the firing on record.

I will base my decision on the Offensive Line. Plain and simple. There's no way that we should be watching schools from BELOW the Pac-12 in the Western US have better linemen. Maybe a tiny bit with academics, but I'm not hearing it. Guys that have done 2 to 3 years of college at 4-year schools are fine academically.

I'm not on the Fire Dickert Train, but I'm ready to buy tickets to go on that ride.

I'm also increasing my Cougar Collective donations. I hope all you guys are as well.

Cougini,

Ever see the Bar Rescue show? Jon Taffer has a saying…. “I don’t embrace excuses.” That is WSU fans. Way too many of them embrace excuses. They shout down anyone that says otherwise. They continue to believe the line of bullshit fed them by the WSU HC or admin. Chastise anyone that doesn’t take the WSU vaccine of lies.

WSU loses games on the white board. They lose games because they are out coached and out smarted. For $2.7m you have to be competent. He isn’t.

Or just needs attention. Even if it’s ignored posts.

The only part I’m not going to agree with:

Ward is not an NFL QB

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Ping, did you catch the clown show in Starkville this season ? firing Leachs staff really paid off LMAO

Those State fans sure know football

There won’t need to be any firings of the staff. Head coach or assistants.

The risk right now is retaining enough staff to give the appearance of a football program. Guaranteed the assistants are all kicking tires right now. The musical chairs of coaching is already starting and there are only so many seats.

Dickert and Chun have their work cut out for them.

Assuming Chun sticks around.

“He is a high level NFL qb.”

-Jake Dickert
Yeah.

A quick scan of the draft projections (the ones that have been updated recently) have him as the #14-16 QB this year. High end projection is day 3. Realistically, it’s unusual for that many QBs to get drafted at all. Average for the last 10 years is 10 QBs/year…most of them late picks who don’t make a roster.

Cougini,

Ever see the Bar Rescue show? Jon Taffer has a saying…. “I don’t embrace excuses.” That is WSU fans. Way too many of them embrace excuses. They shout down anyone that says otherwise. They continue to believe the line of bullshit fed them by the WSU HC or admin. Chastise anyone that doesn’t take the WSU vaccine of lies.

WSU loses games on the white board. They lose games because they are out coached and out smarted. For $2.7m you have to be competent. He isn’t.
No disagreement other than coaches learn/grow/change when they begin young.

1) I want to see if we (the coaches) go crazy hungry and attack recruiting like it's going to be the end of their coaching careers if they don't. Be pissed with a fire for not having a better season.

2) I don't think we are in much of a position to make any coaching moves since we don't even have a conference.

Yeah.

A quick scan of the draft projections (the ones that have been updated recently) have him as the #14-16 QB this year. High end projection is day 3. Realistically, it’s unusual for that many QBs to get drafted at all. Average for the last 10 years is 10 QBs/year…most of them late picks who don’t make a roster.

He is a camp arm. Someone has to throw the ball to all the receivers. You need bodies to do it. Hence, drafted late.

He is a circus of a qb. He does not steady the offense. He runs around wild when pressured and is not decisive in choosing to run.

For a HC to say he is a high level NFL qb is either promotion or ignorance. Maybe both.

No disagreement other than coaches learn/grow/change when they begin young.

1) I want to see if we (the coaches) go crazy hungry and attack recruiting like it's going to be the end of their coaching careers if they don't. Be pissed with a fire for not having a better season.

2) I don't think we are in much of a position to make any coaching moves since we don't even have a conference.

If they weren’t hungry before, why would WSU continue to pay them? If they are just now getting the fire, that is pretty bad.

Agree. Chunk hamstrung WSU with the contract extension. Absolutely ignorant on his part. There may be some moves available to be made on assistants depending on how long their contracts are. McGuire needs to be given a mop and bucket or fired.

Ping, did you catch the clown show in Starkville this season ? firing Leachs staff really paid off LMAO

Those State fans sure know football

I think I told you when they let Arnett fire the entire offensive staff it would not turn our well. I could see Spurrier butting heads with Arnett but firing the rest was just petty and immature. He got his payback and has probably closed a lot of future employment options for himself in the future .

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
If they weren’t hungry before, why would WSU continue to pay them? If they are just now getting the fire, that is pretty bad.

Agree. Chunk hamstrung WSU with the contract extension. Absolutely ignorant on his part. There may be some moves available to be made on assistants depending on how long their contracts are. McGuire needs to be given a mop and bucket or fired.
Fired. It’s not the first time he fielded a bad OL. And they were worse this year than last. Cut him lose and label him ineligible for rehire, so we don’t make the mistake again.

Fired. It’s not the first time he fielded a bad OL. And they were worse this year than last. Cut him lose and label him ineligible for rehire, so we don’t make the mistake again.

In general, I agree. But he should clean shitterz before he goes.

Sadly, I agree. Chunk extended this awful coach and hamstrung WSU. He should be shitcanned too.
No the fans have always hamstrung the athletic department
The play I saw against Stanford in particular and to a lesser extent against ASU was totally on the players.
Ummm the pass to Mathers late in first half that he dropped against Oregon changed the momentum in that game .Is that coaching ?

Going in for points against UCLA on a TE screw great call and he gets stripped from behind . Coaches ?

How about Mathers against Cal where he tips up the ball againsr Stanford that puts us in fg range and we would have probably iced the game at 10-7.

How about two missdd fg agajnst Cal and one against Stanford .. Coaches ? The one missed fg against UW … coaches ….

Best coaching job ever ? Nope . But they were put in a position to win .

We have some people who would have fired Dennis in 1987 and Price in 91, and again in 2000. Leach would have been gone after 2014, Doba after 2004.

We should put these guys on a trial basis .. 6 months and if the board says dump them we hire someone new .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT