ADVERTISEMENT

2-7 in league

People view the stadium thru the eyes of a fan.

How many times did Price lose a kid because he tripped to WSU… then tripped to UCLA? Do ya think the fcking Rose Bowl helped??? Did the kid care if it was full of fans or not?

The stadium isnt for fans. The stadium doesnt need to be full. The stadium is a recruiting tool that has an enormous impact on talent acquisition. Wanna get better talent? Have better facilities. Including a bigger stadium. Wanna win more than 2 fcking league games? Get better talent. Wanna get better coaches? Give them better recruiting tools.

Sadly WSU has so many stupid fcking fans that refuse to believe a bigger stadium would help. cuck90 leads the charge of fcking morons taking the WSU football vaccine of lies. The loser mentality at WSU is a virus that is killing the school from the inside out. Why strive to have nice things? Why refuse to accept 2 league wins? Always blame the fans, always blame anyone but admin and coaches. What a fcking poverty mentality.

WSU needs higher standards 2 league wins aint it. WSU needs to fire Dickfore and his staff. Think the president doesnt have a slush fund? You’re wrong.
That was then and this is now. The kids get paid now. If we had the money sitting around to add 20K seats to the stadium (we don't), then it would probably be better spent just buying players. Players will start going to the highest bidder in recruiting. That's what they care about. What can you give me? Stadium size probably ranks well behind that now.

Hard disagree on the stadium expansion. Adding 30,000 perpetually empty, low-value seats was an inane notion when WSU was going to be in P5 and when NIL didn't exist. Now it is so far beyond the pale it is difficult to come up with words with sufficient opprobrium to get anyone in favor to, as would be the case in a better world, just shut the **** up about it. It is never going to happen. Even if it had a snowball's chance in hell of happening, it would get anyone arguing for it laughed out of the room by anyone in a position to do anything about it. Not just for practical reasons like not having the hundreds of millions of dollars it would take, although those are both theoretically and practically sufficient. More so because recruits aren't going to choose WSU over better-situated schools even if WSU had a 65,000-seat stadium for numerous reasons. It would look ridiculous on TV. Even before NIL and conference realignment. Now for sure.

Anyone who actually is in the business and making real calls on this stuff is acting accordingly. Why did SDSU just build a new stadium and limit it to 35,000 if having a stadium that was just unnecessarily large in terms of capacity would change anything? How about Northwestern? And these are schools in locations where people actually can attend games, unlike WSU. That argument alone also suffices, yet it's not even about the seats not actually getting used. It's about it being ****ing stupid, there being no money for it, and there being myriad better things to do with the money if it was there.

Last edited:
Hard disagree on the stadium expansion. Adding 30,000 perpetually empty, low-value seats was an inane notion when WSU was going to be in P5 and when NIL didn't exist. Now it is so far beyond the pale it is difficult to come up with words with sufficient opprobrium to get anyone in favor to, as would be the case in a better world, just shut the **** up about it. It is never going to happen. Even if it had a snowball's chance in hell of happening, it would get anyone arguing for it laughed out of the room by anyone in a position to do anything about it. Not just for practical reasons like not having the hundreds of millions of dollars it would take, although those are both theoretically and practically sufficient. More so because recruits aren't going to choose WSU over better-situated schools even if WSU had a 65,000-seat stadium for numerous reasons. It would look ridiculous on TV. Even before NIL and conference alignment. Now for sure.

Anyone who actually is in the business and making real calls on this stuff is acting accordingly. Why did SDSU just build a new stadium and limit it to 35,000 if having a stadium that was just unnecessarily large in terms of capacity would change anything? How about Northwestern? And these are schools in locations where people actually can attend games, unlike WSU. That argument alone also suffices, yet it's not even about the seats not actually getting used. It's about it being ****ing stupid, there being no money for it, and there being myriad better things to do with the money if it was there.
In a world where money isn't a factor, sure, throw another 20-30K seats in there. In the world where we need as much money as possible to throw at recruits and retain our own players, a stadium upgrade would take the way, way, WAY back seat.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
I’m coming around to the big stadium idea.

Think about how much success WSU has had in basketball due to our arena being one of the biggest in the PAC and how we routinely beat out gu for recruits bc of their dinky arena.
YaleBowl-Field1a.JPG

Yale is knocking on the door of a natty.

That was then and this is now. The kids get paid now. If we had the money sitting around to add 20K seats to the stadium (we don't), then it would probably be better spent just buying players. Players will start going to the highest bidder in recruiting. That's what they care about. What can you give me? Stadium size probably ranks well behind that now.

Let’s say WSU offers a kid $100,000. Oregon State offers the same kid $100,000.

One schools has a joke of a stadium. The other just had a $150,000,000+ stadium upgrade.

Do stadiums and facilities not matter in the decision making any more?

In a world where money isn't a factor, sure, throw another 20-30K seats in there. In the world where we need as much money as possible to throw at recruits and retain our own players, a stadium upgrade would take the way, way, WAY back seat.
I don't even fully agree with this, frankly, although I certainly agree with it more than with anyone seriously arguing we should spend $150-200m in nonexistent money to add 20-30k seats now that our media deal is going to get cut by 80%, there's no money for anything, and much fewer people will give a shit either way. It's just pointless and stupid.

There's no way anyone, even the richest programs, would spend $150-200m to possibly get that rare recruit who is oblivious to everything else and, of all things, is swayed by how many seats are in the stadium after flying into Pullman or driving in from Lewiston or Spokane. And $200m at WSU is many times more significant than it would be at those schools.

Even those programs with more money than God don't do things that make zero sense. If we had $150-200m to spend on improving the program, I'd explore making the stadium look better, but without just adding a bunch of bleacher seats (if it made sense; think about something like filling in the east end zone and adding some club seating on the North side), would make really nice player-focused facilities, would endow a fund to pay coaching salaries at the top of whatever conference WSU is in, and would tell people to redirect a huge chunk of it to direct NIL payments to players. That's in reverse order of priority.

In any case, it's purely theoretical. I don't understand why anyone would argue so vigorously for something that will never happen and, even if it would, is one of the dumbest ways to spend that $150-200m imaginable.

One schools has a joke of a stadium. The other just had a $150,000,000+ stadium upgrade.

You just ruined your own argument genius. OSU decreased their capacity. FFS. 🤦🏼

If you took every WSU coaching staff from the last 50 years and asked them…

Which size stadium do you want to go out recruiting and sell…

a. 30,000
b. 60,000
c. 90,000
d. 120,000

Not fcking one of them chooses a.

The only people that would choose a are the morons on this message board. That’s how fcking committed to losing they are. WSU is better off without them.

I don't take any write-offs on the house at all and treat it as a second home. Again...I don't really want to be audited. I'm probably missing out on another few grand a year in tax savings if I wanted to live dangerously, but I don't figure it's worth it.
That’s very different. Never mind.

a. 30,000
b. 60,000
c. 90,000
d. 120,000

The only people that would choose an are the morons on this message board. That’s how fcking committed to losing they are. WSU is better off without them.
CTE is no joke, friends!

a. 30,000
b. 60,000
c. 90,000
d. 120,000

The only people that would choose an are the morons on this message board. That’s how fcking committed to losing they are. WSU is better off without them.
If you took every WSU coaching staff that was ever hired and asked them…how much money should we pay you

A. $10K
B. $100K
C. $1 million
D. $1 billion

What do you think they would all answer? D of course!!

a. 30,000
b. 60,000
c. 90,000
d. 120,000

The only people that would choose a are the morons on this message board. That’s how fcking committed to losing they are. WSU is better off without them.
That's not dispositive and you're being disingenuous. You're ignoring other aspects of the stadium, the costs for whatever stadium expansion plan you want to engage in, opportunity costs, and, most importantly, the numerous other variables that go into recruiting. I bet those guys would rather recruit to SDSU's new 35,000-seat stadium than to, say, a 45,000-seat stadium in Pullman once they were in the same conference.

SDSU did that when it had an eye toward P5, BTW.

But if you want to just play games with your stupid theoretical exercise, let's ask Oregon State coaches which stadium capacity they would rather recruit to:

a. 45,800
b. 35,800

If you want to talk about real topics, bring something real. Why did Oregon State cut its capacity by 10,000 seats in these renovations? Why not add 20,000 seats? Are those guys just a bunch of losers who Oregon State would be better off without? Or are they grown-ups who are able to think?

Oh, the irony. OSU spent that for 35,548 seats. Not your 80,000 seat overcompensating for your inadequacies stadium.

That's not dispositive and you're being disingenuous. You're ignoring other aspects of the stadium, the costs for whatever stadium expansion plan you want to engage in, opportunity costs, and, most importantly, the numerous other variables that go into recruiting. I bet those guys would rather recruit to SDSU's new 35,000-seat stadium than to, say, a 45,000-seat stadium in Pullman once they were in the same conference.

But if you want to just play games with your stupid theoretical exercise, let's ask Oregon State coaches which stadium capacity they would rather recruit to:

a. 45,800
b. 35,800

If you want to talk about real topics, bring something real. Why did Oregon State cut its capacity by 10,000 seats in these renovations? Why not add 20,000 seats? Are those guys just a bunch of losers who Oregon State would be better off without? Or are they grown-ups who are able to think?
I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’d get a deer in the headlights look if you mentioned opportunity costs to him.

a. 30,000
b. 60,000
c. 90,000
d. 120,000

Bless your heart.

stupidgibbons, does your law firm know you’re on a wsu msg board while billing clients????

stupidgibbons, does your law firm know you’re on a wsu msg board while billing clients????
And we've reached the point where you have no cogent arguments, can't respond to any of the legitimate questions directed to you, and you have to post this kind of shit because you've got nothing else.

a. 45,800
b. 35,800

Just because they cut seats doesnt mean everyone else should, think small, be small

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Just because they cut seats doesnt mean everyone else should, think small, be small

You realize this isn't a compelling argument in favor of adding 20,000 bleacher seats to Martin and that there's a trend of schools, not just Oregon State, focusing on reducing or maintaining capacity instead of adding a bunch of seats, right? And that's without getting into those schools remaining in P5, not being in sparsely populated areas, and not being completely broke, right? Well, no, you probably don't realize any of that, but you should.

Yep. True words.

Amazing to me that WSU “fans” are so willing to shit on anyone that thinks bigger and better would actually lead to bigger and better football.

They are determined to be losers.

Yep. True words.

Amazing to me that WSU “fans” are so willing to shit on anyone that thinks bigger and better would actually lead to bigger and better football.

They are determined to be losers.
You're arguing for something with 0% chance of happening. It is stupid even if a genie appeared with $200m. Thinking big is great. If you can think big and come up with a fundraising plan to cover hundreds of millions of dollars of well-conceived improvements to the stadium, other facilities, or other aspects of the program, that's exactly what WSU football needs. Even if it was low-probability, but somewhat plausible, it could be worth discussing.

If, as part of that, you could articulate why adding 20k - 30k seats, as opposed to doing other things with the imaginary hundreds of millions of dollars would entail, is the best way to use those funds, hell, I might even support it.

Instead, though, you're just throwing out pie in the sky bullshit and then throwing out ad hominem for those who see this for what it is. There's no value here. There is no real vision. You're not making a real case for your idea, arguing for its merits, or addressing reasonable objections. You're just blustering, playing games, name-calling, and wasting everyone's time.

Well, seems like if Hunter Biden gets to write them off, no reason that some engineer from the middle of the country can't write them off too!

Maybe you should sue the IRS for discrimination?
Usually I’d do an eye roll when the usual suspects start inserting politics into threads. The stadium expansion argument is so stupid this actually improves the thread now. So on that note…F antifa librls, Murica!!

Rice thinks BIG!!! That’s why they are…oh wait they are Rice. No one gives a shit they play in a 70K seat stadium.
Yeah much as I miss our a bit larger old stadium I can't really argue this point. We will never become a huge stadium like MI, A&M, the OSU, the entire SEC or any other place with nothing else to do but go to a FB game on a Saturday. Even FUSC and FUCLA in there how many million people town can't fill theirs.

Fair point

this is truly disgusting Krusty. I mean political crap, explicit details of peoples sex lives and threatening to harm people on the board is one thing…But now we’re insulting and degrading children?

I don't know that Biggs is a child...but he is probably back in diapers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT