ADVERTISEMENT

2-7 in league

11th place is fireable.

Dickfore is a shitty football coach over his head. He should never have been hired.

If you think WSU can’t do better than 11th place and 2-7 is league, you are the problem. Your loser mentality and embracing of excuses hurts WSU.

If you really think that having a 30,000 seat stadium doesn’t hurt WSU, go cheer for another team.

The biggest problem with WSU isn’t the lack of $$$, it’s the low ceiling put on it by “fans” that want to lose. Remove them and start solving problems.

The biggest problem with WSU isn’t the lack of $$$, it’s the low ceiling put on it by “fans” that want to lose. Remove them and start solving problems.

425 and Flat and I think D-Gib or Ed wrote some eye-opening posts recently about WSU's (and thus the football program's) unique challenges with geography.

Check them out if you get the time. It might cause you to feel differently about expanding Martin Stadium to 65,000-plus as you've brainstormed in the past.

(None of which means you were wrong about the importance of threading the needle and hiring the "right" coach as every school is trying their darnedest to do)

425 and Flat and I think D-Gib or Ed wrote some eye-opening posts recently about WSU's (and thus the football program's) unique challenges with geography.

Check them out if you get the time. It might cause you to feel differently about expanding Martin Stadium to 65,000-plus as you've brainstormed in the past.

(None of which means you were wrong about the importance of threading the needle and hiring the "right" coach as every school is trying their darnedest to do)

All of them are on ignore. I dont give two shits what they have to say.

No, I wont feel differently because I read the opinion of people that have never actually worked in college football. Their “opinion” has zero clue what it takes to attract and land talent.

There is no shortage of good coaches. The issue is the admin that does not know how to identify them. Look at the amount of money spent on moving the players with the most talent towards the NFL. Where is the money spent on moving the best coaches higher up the ladder?

There are a half dozen high school coaches in WA that are better than Dickfore. Dickfore should never have gotten this job.

... and to Biggsy's importance in hiring the right coach.

Led by a 62-year-old journeyman from nowheresville, Kansas, perennial doormat New Mexico State bulldozed Auburn from the mighty SEC two weeks ago.

I watched most of the second half. It was an absolute clinic wrt strategy, execution and game management by the NMSU staff and players

The same Auburn that was a miraculous TD pass away from beating Alabama seven days later.

Biggs is right. That type of program-changing coach— whether it's CJD or someone else — is out there

Led by a 62-year-old journeyman from nowheresville, Kansas, perennial doormat New Mexico State bulldozed Auburn from the mighty SEC two weeks ago.

I watched most of the second half. It was an absolute clinic wrt strategy, execution and game management by the NMSU staff and players

The same Auburn that was a miraculous TD pass away from beating Alabama seven days later.

Biggs is right. That type of program-changing coach— whether it's CJD or someone else — is out there

I am right. WSU has too many “fans” that think who would ever wanna coach here???? And you wonder why I say remove the low ceiling “fans” and then you can move on???

Too many WSU “fans” embrace excuses. Their loser mentality holds WSU back. Get rid of them!

“Get rid of the “fans”!

…and build an 80,000 seat stadium!!!”

potd
If you polled the 20K fans (minus students) who consistently show up and asked them how $100M would be best spent, 90% of them would have add 20-30K seats towards the bottom of the list. So apparently the program is better off with 2K fans attending, and the rest should cheer for another team? Interesting strategy Cotton, let’s see how that works out for them.

And for every one of those coaches there are 10 Charlie Weiss, Jimbo Fischer, and Ty Willinghams. I’m not saying Dickert is THE GUY. Sure looked that way when we are 4-0. But you’re rolling the dice any time you make a coaching change, particularly in the situation we find ourselves in. Never hurts to throw some feelers out there. Worked out with Leach, although Wulff was decidedly not the answer at that point. I don’t think we are there with Dickert after 2 1/2 years and a .500 record in one of the most challenging environments imaginable for a first time head coach.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
uberstupid, you are a loser. Go cheer for another team. Embrace their excuses.

What I enjoy about Biggs is his complete lack of self-awareness. Despite going to a bowl game in 2013, WSU regressed to 3-9 and 2-7 in conference in 2014. If 2-7 is a fireable offense, why wasn't Leach fired? There are dozens of examples of coaches taking over terrible programs, improving them and not regressing to 3-9 and 2-7.

Fatboy loves to talk about accountability and excuses, but his arguments only matter when they support his idiotic viewpoints.

In summary it was not a good year for this coaching staff. 4 losses to teams that finished below 500 in the conference, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, and ASU. At the worst they should have won 2 of those games. We don't know our schedule for next year, don't know who is going to suit up next year, have no conference. And we have no idea if we will be short of cash, or win a windfall. All that uncertainty is the only reason you keep Dickert, but he has to make some changes on his staff, this staff couldn't get it done when they should have.

We don't know our schedule for next year, don't know who is going to suit up next year

We do know this much rosey:

MWC opponents (7 games including SDSU away and SJSU home)
"Columbia Cup" with the Beavs
Apple Cup (Seahawks Stadium)
Portland State (home)
Texas Tech (if/when Beavs and the quacks get the Civil War scheduled)

So that's either 10 or 11 games in place.

Looks like Schultzie and Chun have done a good ship of keeping things moving forward amidst all the uncertainty

I am right. WSU has too many “fans” that think who would ever wanna coach here???? And you wonder why I say remove the low ceiling “fans” and then you can move on???

Too many WSU “fans” embrace excuses. Their loser mentality holds WSU back. Get rid of them!

Biggs is like your crazy aunt who is obsessed with some pet topic (politics, social issues, etc.) and just spouts off on Facebook with no critical thought, zero self-awareness, and zero concern for any real-world implications of whatever the **** he is arguing for, to the extent his inane blustering can be crystallized into something specific that actually would have implications we could assess.

"Get rid of the 'loser' fans who don't agree with me." Consider all the ways this makes no sense. What does this mean? Get a group of a couple of "winner" fans among the couple dozen of participants on a near-defunct message board who agrees with Biggs' insane views because he was an assistant coach in D2 at some point? Tell the rest of the entirety of WSU's fan base to go away? Neither Biggs nor any of the couple of sycophants who appear to agree with him sometimes have any money, influence, or say regarding anything, or any ability to effectuate anything. At all. To the extent he has any actual palpable ideas about anything that a winner fan would support, they aren't actionable. So what does this mean and what is he actually arguing for? Ask him if you want. Like everything else, you'll just get crickets when it comes time to get deeper or more serious than yelling at clouds.

"Put 30,000 empty bleacher seats in Martin to impress recruits." We've written enough about this, but it's just ****ing inane. No chance of happening, it never had a chance of happening even when there was some scintilla of a chance any serious person could get behind it (when WSU was still at least theoretically going to be competing with the big boys for recruits and had a seat in P5), and even if there were some realistic way to raise the hundreds of millions of dollars to do it, absolutely no serious people in a position to make it happen would want to use the money for that. Because it's absolutely ****ing stupid.

There have been others over the years, often inconsistent. Never practical, actionable, or anything anyone with a brain would take seriously.

Once you realize Biggs should just be ignored unless you want to get an ex-D2 assistant coach's take on Xs and Os, or a slightly above-average message board participant's view of which programs matter or not in terms of having money or tradition (which you could get yourself in 5 minutes using Google), you will be better off.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Biggs is like your crazy aunt who is obsessed with some pet topic (politics, social issues, etc.) and just spouts off on Facebook with no critical thought, zero self-awareness, and zero concern for any real-world implications of whatever the **** he is arguing for, to the extent his inane blustering can be crystallized into something specific that actually would have implications we could assess.

"Get rid of the 'loser' fans who don't agree with me." Consider all the ways this makes no sense. What does this mean? Get a group of a couple of "winner" fans among the couple dozen of participants on a near-defunct message board who agrees with Biggs' insane views because he was an assistant coach in D2 at some point? Tell the rest of the entirety of WSU's fan base to go away? Neither Biggs nor any of the couple of sycophants who appear to agree with him sometimes have any money, influence, or say regarding anything, or any ability to effectuate anything. At all. To the extent he has any actual palpable ideas about anything that a winner fan would support, they aren't actionable. So what does this mean and what is he actually arguing for? Ask him if you want. Like everything else, you'll just get crickets when it comes time to get deeper or more serious than yelling at clouds.

"Put 30,000 empty bleacher seats in Martin to impress recruits." We've written enough about this, but it's just ****ing inane. No chance of happening, it never had a chance of happening even when there was some scintilla of a chance any serious person could get behind it (when WSU was still at least theoretically going to be competing with the big boys for recruits and had a seat in P5), and even if there were some realistic way to raise the hundreds of millions of dollars to do it, absolutely no serious people in a position to make it happen would want to use the money for that. Because it's absolutely ****ing stupid.

There have been others over the years, often inconsistent. Never practical, actionable, or anything anyone with a brain would take seriously.

Once you realize Biggs should just be ignored unless you want to get an ex-D2 assistant coach's take on Xs and Os, or a slightly above-average message board participant's view of which programs matter or not in terms of having money or tradition (which you could get yourself in 5 minutes using Google), you will be better off.
The nonsense on repeat sometimes makes me think Biggs is just trolling everyone and laughing at reactions. Whatever level of coaching he did doesn’t translate to knowledge about running a P5 program. The economics of it or the football leadership. It would be like saying you’re more equipped to run Microsoft because you started up Al’s computer repair.

The nonsense on repeat sometimes makes me think Biggs is just trolling everyone and laughing at reactions. Whatever level of coaching he did doesn’t translate to knowledge about running a P5 program. The economics of it or the football leadership. It would be like saying you’re more equipped to run Microsoft because you started up Al’s computer repair.
I’m 51% sure he’s trolling everyone and laughing his ass off.

You fcking losers are stalkers. I do not want anything to do with you losers. Click ignore and move on.

More turds following me around. cuck90 and 425 are sad turds. Fck off losers.

You just don't want your stupid bullshit eviscerated by those with a functioning brain. I get it. Hurts your authority with the two people who listen to your nonsense.

Unfortunately for you, I'll tear your stupid shit apart whenever I feel like it.

Why not get those people to see things differently instead of excommunicating them?

You don't want to end up being the general without an army.

Having too many fans is like a business having too many customers: A good "problem"

Why not get those people to see things differently instead of excommunicating them?

Having too many fans is like a business having too many customers: A good "problem"

Lol Because losers are losers. Some people identify so hard with poverty and struggle that they REFUSE to think bigger.

No one ever thought WSU would go to the Rose Bowl. Until they did, twice.

No one ever thought WSU would have a Heisman finalist. Until it happened.

No one ever thought WSU would ever have an Outland Trophy winner. Until it happened.

No one ever thought WSU would pay a HC $4,000,000 per year. Then Leach showed up.

No one thought WSU could get a coach like Leach. Then Moos hired him.

No one thought WSU would ever have much for facilities. $60,000,000 later there is a football ops building.

No one thought WSU could win 11 games. Leach did it.

Yet here I get ridiculed for not tolerating 2-7 in league? Or my argument for a bigger stadium, that is at least 15 years old, gets shit on by the enormous amount of poverty mindset losers here. WSU can’t possibly have nice things. Look at the sheer volume of reasons of why not these fcking losers come up with to shut down the idea.

These fckers are a lost cause. Addition by subtraction. You cannot win with them. You cannot move your program forward with small thinkers that put such enormous effort into shouting down someone that thinks bigger.

Flush all these fcking turds. Take away their season tickets. No one gives a shit about their $100 donation they are so proud to brag about. They are a cancer. Their mindset of “can’t” is a virus.

Look how many of these assholes stalk my every post on this msg board. They fall all over themselves to discredit me or my ideas at every turn. And that’s the “customers” you want? No way.

Lol Because losers are losers. Some people identify so hard with poverty and struggle that they REFUSE to think bigger.

No one ever thought WSU would ever have an Outland Trophy winner. Until it happened.

No one ever thought WSU would pay a HC $4,000,000 per year. Then Leach showed up.

No one thought WSU would ever have much for facilities. $60,000,000 later there is a football ops building.

Yet here I get ridiculed for not tolerating 2-7 in league? Or my argument for a bigger stadium, that is at least 15 years old, gets shit on by the enormous amount of poverty mindset losers here. WSU can’t possibly have nice things. Look at the sheer volume of reasons of why not these fcking losers come up with to shut down the idea.

These fckers are a lost cause. Addition by subtraction. You cannot win with them. You cannot move your program forward with small thinkers that put such enormous effort into shouting down someone that thinks bigger.

Flush all these fcking turds. Take away their season tickets. No one gives a shit about their $100 donation they are so proud to brag about. They are a cancer. Their mindset of “can’t” is a virus.

Look how many of these assholes stalk my every post on this msg board. They fall all over themselves to discredit me or my ideas at every turn. And that’s the “customers” you want? No way.

Big brain at work here. Sit back and marvel.

In posting about "customers", Biggs omits that he refuses to buy tickets or donate.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Big brain at work here. Sit back and marvel.

In posting about "customers", Biggs omits that he refuses to buy tickets or donate.
His lack of self-awareness blinds him to the fact that his failure to financially support WSU is the reason that we are in the position we are in and why every one of his ideas are so unrealistic when looking at our school.

Loser fans like him that rant and rave about others while doing nothing themselves is our achilles heel. But hey, we know how to ship a flag around the country and we used to win a lot of online polls.

He won't because he lacks the vision for how success happens. It's the earmarks of someone who doesn't understand why they have succeed or failed in life. There is a lot of correlation equalling causation.

Our program has a lot of problems that aren't getting fixed by anything he's proposing. Our largest concern is the lack of NIL money. We were well behind #11 in dollars. This lead to the least talented roster in the conference, particularly our depth. Next the lack of a schedule/conference is an issue. Hard to recruit without a schedule. Finally we need to fill a hole in our athletics budget.

Now if there is a donor or group of donors who are willing to pony up $30m per year but won't do so until a HFC they approve of is hired, you make a move.

He's really on tilt now.

I'm no fan of those who want a cheap head coach and are concerned primarily with RV parking, cheap seatbacks, and being lovable losers. I'd be willing to do just about anything for WSU to win big. I argued WSU had to do almost anything, including unconventional tactics, to keep a seat in P5. I long have argued for WSU to pay near the top of the Pac-12 on head coaches and assistants, and make other large investments in facilities and recruiting budgets, since those are how you most likely could keep a staff intact and win for a sustained period. I also live in reality, though, so I'm among the "losers" because I'd spend $200m in fantasy dollars on other things more intelligently designed to win football games.

Pete, I don't suggest asking this clown any questions that give him a platform, but if you ask him anything, it should include these things:

- How would Biggs "fire" what rounds up to 100% of WSU football fans? How would that work, exactly? What would happen if their donations are gone? What happens when literally nobody attends games other than Biggs and whoever he considers a winner? Have him give brass-tack specifics.

- Once all the losers are "fired" in Biggs' fantasy world, what then? How does he raise funds to pay for $200m in empty bleacher seats in Martin? Go to the Regents with a plan to sell bonds? Borrow at rates that are approaching 2.5-3x what they were when Moos borrowed money for the stadium improvements and FOB (which only gave WSU what everyone else had, even in G of 5, BTW) that already presented funding problems a few years ago when WSU was getting P5 money?

So even if we ignore all that, how does he push this through, especially with media rights money going from a prospective $32m to what most likely will be closer to $4m when the AD already was broke? Maybe he could work with the administration on it. Oh, wait, Biggs has said to fire them all. So add that to the plan.

How about funding to other aspects of the program, like head coaching or assistant salary pools, charter flights, travel budgets, NIL funds, or giving WSU killer facilities for players other than the 30,000 unused bleacher seats they'd have no use for? So it's just $200m to put in empty bleacher seats, with WSU in a de facto G of 5 conference getting something like $4m/year in media rights money? Let's clarify that.

Ask him to get specific on all of this. Obviously, he can't, since it is all just bluster, bullshit, and nonsense. Nobody should listen to this idiot.

To be clear, all this is distinguishable from someone who could argue effectively for WSU needing to think bigger, needing to not be impacted by limiting beliefs from some fans, and having actual ideas on how to do it. I'd discuss all that stuff gladly. Biggs, however, is just full of shit. He's your crazy aunt on Facebook. He's best ignored.

His lack of self-awareness blinds him to the fact that his failure to financially support WSU is the reason that we are in the position we are in and why every one of his ideas are so unrealistic when looking at our school.

Loser fans like him that rant and rave about others while doing nothing themselves is our achilles heel. But hey, we know how to ship a flag around the country and we used to win a lot of online polls.
He's the type of fan that hamstrings programs who have been historically successful. Nebraska, A&M, USC, etc are all held back by boosters who want success but don't understand the process.

Let’s say WSU offers a kid $100,000. Oregon State offers the same kid $100,000.

One schools has a joke of a stadium. The other just had a $150,000,000+ stadium upgrade.

Do stadiums and facilities not matter in the decision making any more?
Again, in the world where we have unlimited money, you're right. But, we're struggling to even give kids $100K in the first place.

Any money we have should be going to players first, coaches second and stadiums/locker rooms/flashy new uniforms third.

Your first three of those happened in a 35K stadium with a construction trailer for a press box. And shitty locker rooms and facilities to boot. So again you blow wad all over your theories about stadium size. Does it matter and help if you can sell the tix? Yes. We can’t and won’t right now. Look at the empty seats when you watch a game on TV since you don’t go. It does no good to have more metal showing on the screen. Do you want to put little cardboard cougar fans in the seats?

The FOB and stadium upgrades had to happen and think they did a great job with the budget they had. Maintaining a strong budget for head and assistant coaches is paramount. Pushing alumni to contribute to NIL in the talent arms race is critical. Throwing a bunch of bleachers at a problem doesn’t make it go away.

Again, in the world where we have unlimited money, you're right. But, we're struggling to even give kids $100K in the first place.

Any money we have should be going to players first, coaches second and stadiums/locker rooms/flashy new uniforms third.

Ya know what? Now that I think about it…

WSU should walk away from NIL altogether.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT