ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Class

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
I don't follow recruiting much. But, I looked at our (rivals-ranked) list. Of our 19 signees, we have two 4 stars, two 2 stars, and fifteen 3 stars. That has to be the best class ever on paper, right?

Our 5 remaining committees are three 3 stars and two 2 stars. I don't know how many spots we actually have to fill - I'm sure someone does. Be interesting to see who actually signs vs commits right now. Pretty nice to have 19 in the bag.

I don't follow recruiting much. But, I looked at our (rivals-ranked) list. Of our 19 signees, we have two 4 stars, two 2 stars, and fifteen 3 stars. That has to be the best class ever on paper, right?

Our 5 remaining committees are three 3 stars and two 2 stars. I don't know how many spots we actually have to fill - I'm sure someone does. Be interesting to see who actually signs vs commits right now. Pretty nice to have 19 in the bag.

It's as good as any in recent memory.

I've heard the QB is the best in the nation. For realz.

It's as good as any in recent memory.

I've heard the QB is the best in the nation. For realz.
I think Hilinski had better do well. At the very least Connor Neville. Cam, I think, will be giving all of them a run for his money. We are in a very good position with our QB recruits/depth.

I don't pay very close attention either, so someone set me straight. Star power seems to be going up, yet we are still, last I checked, ranked in the 40s nationally.

I do remember how many used to post (on Brand X) that "stars don't matter!" back when we were getting a lot more 2-stars. Were we really that far back in national rank then, or has there been grade inflation with the star ratings?

I don't pay very close attention either, so someone set me straight. Star power seems to be going up, yet we are still, last I checked, ranked in the 40s nationally.

I do remember how many used to post (on Brand X) that "stars don't matter!" back when we were getting a lot more 2-stars. Were we really that far back in national rank then, or has there been grade inflation with the star ratings?

Stars matter to a point. Not every 4 or 5 star kid will pan out. Not every 2 star kid will be a backup. You start with the best talent you can get and grow them.

I think there's more and more talent now. Here's prob only so many 4 and 5 star guys out there but the number of 3 star kids isn't gonna shrink. Whether they're coached better in high school or the Internet gives kids more exposure there isn't a shortage.

Stars matter to a point. Not every 4 or 5 star kid will pan out. Not every 2 star kid will be a backup. You start with the best talent you can get and grow them.

I think there's more and more talent now. Here's prob only so many 4 and 5 star guys out there but the number of 3 star kids isn't gonna shrink. Whether they're coached better in high school or the Internet gives kids more exposure there isn't a shortage.

Thats a good point, and probably why some of the FCS programs have gotten so competitive. But what I'm wondering is how we ranked nationally during the Dark Age.

The uw 2004 class was rated #19. Four years later, their record was 0-12.

Orson Fetters routinely inflated the value of husky recruiting classes. He once argued that J.R. Hasty was every bit as good as Snoop Stewart.

Reactions: Cougzz

We are ranked #32. This is our best class in years with 5 kids ranked 4 stars by various publications.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT