ADVERTISEMENT

4Yrs Later

No, because Sale was a bust.

Seriously though, SMU fans should be pissed. I think we poached Marks, Lewis & Palacio from them when June Jones flirted with the ASU job.

They also poached Khalil Pettway from SMU, who I think would have been a great Buck/Rush linebacker for the Cougs. He had a narrowing of the spine and had to give up football early in his WSU career.

He wasn't a Leach recruit in that class, but do you remember Rahmel Dockery? He was moved to CB, but he wanted to play WR. He ended up at Oregon State. Last year he had 7 catches. This year he has 2. He does sometimes return punts and KO's. But, he has been mediocre at that. In 10 PR's this year, he is averaging 6.8 yards per return. In 13 KO returns this season, he is averaging 19 yards per return.

Considering how his OSU career has gone, I wonder if he has any regrets?

They also poached Khalil Pettway from SMU, who I think would have been a great Buck/Rush linebacker for the Cougs. He had a narrowing of the spine and had to give up football early in his WSU career.

He wasn't a Leach recruit in that class, but do you remember Rahmel Dockery? He was moved to CB, but he wanted to play WR. He ended up at Oregon State. Last year he had 7 catches. This year he has 2. He does sometimes return punts and KO's. But, he has been mediocre at that. In 10 PR's this year, he is averaging 6.8 yards per return. In 13 KO returns this season, he is averaging 19 yards per return.

Speaking of Leach recruits, Baker Mayfield is getting some Heisman buzz. Demarcus Ayers is also 21st in the nation in receiving yards at Houston.

Regrets he didn't go to EWU?

Speaking of Leach recruits, Baker Mayfield is getting some Heisman buzz. Demarcus Ayers is also 21st in the nation in receiving yards at Houston.

Baker Mayfield... So much for evaluation in Texas. He goes 25-2 as a starter with a state title. Walks on at Texas Tech... starts the season opener as a true frosh.... wins rookie of the year award.... has a falling out with the coaching staff.... now starting at OU and in the Heisman conversation.

If I were the AD at TT I'd have a conversation with my head coach about talent evaluation and retention. Is TT so loaded with talent that they can let Heisman contenders transfer to OU????

Baker Mayfield... So much for evaluation in Texas. He goes 25-2 as a starter with a state title. Walks on at Texas Tech... starts the season opener as a true frosh.... wins rookie of the year award.... has a falling out with the coaching staff.... now starting at OU and in the Heisman conversation.

If I were the AD at TT I'd have a conversation with my head coach about talent evaluation and retention. Is TT so loaded with talent that they can let Heisman contenders transfer to OU????

He was allowed a free transfer because Tech wouldn't put him on scholarship. I understand missing on guys coming out of high school, but jeez, this guy was ON YOUR CAMPUS and you missed on him.

He was allowed a free transfer because Tech wouldn't put him on scholarship. I understand missing on guys coming out of high school, but jeez, this guy was ON YOUR CAMPUS and you missed on him.

He was on your campus, playing for you, won the conference frosh of the year award. And he leaves cause you *and Im reading between the lines* wouldn't give him a scholarship and told him he'd have to compete, virtually start all over for a starting job. Bungled from the start. Bob Stoops is laughing all the way to the CFP at Texas Tech.

This is worse than UT not offering Manziel or RG3 at QB.

There are some positions in football where the higher the level the more DNA is needed to compete. I think sometimes coaches get too caught up in height, weight, 40, arm strength, etc and they miss wildly on kids. A certain QB from Prosser HS comes to mind that the entire PAC 12, Mountain West, WAC, whoever else was 1A ball missed on....

There are so many kids that washout in your recruiting classes... is it really gonna hurt if you take a chance on a kid that produced wildly in high school but might be from a small school or is only 5'11" instead of 6'2"???

I visited with Khalil a little bit after the ASU game. Nice young man, at least from what I saw.

He was on your campus, playing for you, won the conference frosh of the year award. And he leaves cause you *and Im reading between the lines* wouldn't give him a scholarship and told him he'd have to compete, virtually start all over for a starting job. Bungled from the start. Bob Stoops is laughing all the way to the CFP at Texas Tech.

There are some positions in football where the higher the level the more DNA is needed to compete. I think sometimes coaches get too caught up in height, weight, 40, arm strength, etc and they miss wildly on kids. A certain QB from Prosser HS comes to mind that the entire PAC 12, Mountain West, WAC, whoever else was 1A ball missed on....

There are so many kids that washout in your recruiting classes... is it really gonna hurt if you take a chance on a kid that produced wildly in high school but might be from a small school or is only 5'11" instead of 6'2"???

Imagine if Leach didn't give Falk a scholarship after he beat out Bruggman

"Ummm....okay? Yea, we'll give you a spot Baker.", says Bob Stoops as he skeptically looks around to see if he's being set up.

Imagine if Leach didn't give Falk a scholarship after he beat out Bruggman

Worse than that. It would be like if we didn't give Falk a scholly and he transferred to USC, where he was now competing for a national title.

It would be like if Luke Falk still didn't have a scholarship this year...is doing what he's doing now as the starter...AND WE STILL didn't give him a scholarship....

And he then transfers to USC and is winning the heisman.

THAT is how stupid that whole Baker Mayfield situation was.

It really is both kinda cool...and very sad that all these Texas Tech people are popping up all over saying how much they enjoy watching a Leach coach team and they miss him.

Whoever is running Texas Tech has got to be the all time idiots in college football.

Winning coach - Fire him for no legit reason
Winning QB - Don't give him a scholarship and watch him go to a competitor and kick ass.

Well Oklahoma and we here at WSU sincerely thank you whoever you are stupid Texas Tech people for your lack of liking winning. We haven't had it in a long time and are quite glad to have it.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT