ADVERTISEMENT

5 straight bowl games!!

ShockandAweWSU

Head Coach
Feb 20, 2018
Incredible how far this program has come under Leach. Program isn't perfect, but man we've come a long long ways since those good bowl game seasons then go 3-8 and 4-7 in the 80s and 90s. If we can get Leach a good DC and a defense I really think we can be a 10 win program year in and year out. Hopefully we can celebrate in Vegas in December and get win #8.

Incredible how far this program has come under Leach. Program isn't perfect, but man we've come a long long ways since those good bowl game seasons then go 3-8 and 4-7 in the 80s and 90s. If we can get Leach a good DC and a defense I really think we can be a 10 win program year in and year out. Hopefully we can celebrate in Vegas in December and get win #8.
Pretty impressive too considering how absolutely shitty our defense is. I’m not gonna give leach extra credit for this, the defensive shittiness is on him too. But damn this defense is Wulffian and this team is still bowling?

Amazing to have a year where so much when wrong and we still are bowl eligible.

That’s the part that I really like. This team reminds me of 2005. That team was achingly close to being 9-2 and ended up 4-7. This team seems worse defensively, but is sitting at 6-5, but it’s easy to woulda, coulda, shoulda this team to 9-2 or 10-1. Leach is definitely worth every penny we pay him

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
I see a semi comparison, semi similarity, between Price and Leach.

Price would have 2,3, 3-8, 4-7 type seasons, out of every 3,4 seasons, with 1, 8-3,9-3 type season out of every 3,4 years.

Now obviously Leach doesnt, hasnt had 3-8,4-7, non bowl seasons, like Price, so that is dissimilar.

But the part that is kind of similar, is that if Leach had been the coach of those Mike Price 3-8, 4-7 seasons, I think Leach would have gone 5-7,6-6,7-5, instead of 3-8, 4-7.

And I think if Price had been the coach of this year's team, I think Price would have gone 2-9, 3-8, 4-7, instead of 6-6, 7-5.

I think Leach will have, has had 1,2, semi Price like down years, 1 per, out of every 3,4,5 years.

But the difference is those down years are, will be, have been, 5-7, 6-6, 7-5, etc, instead of 3-9, 4-8, there being only 2 exceptions to that out of about 17+ years of coaching.

I think its reasonable, logical to say that Leach, WSU, will, would only have 1,2, 1.5 down years out of about every 3,4,5,6 years, and that those down years will be 5-7,6-6,7-5, bowl years.

And that only about 1 year out of about 7,8,9,10+ years will, would be a 4-8, 5-7, Non Bowl year.

And that Leach, WSU would never go 0-12, 1-11, 2-10, 3-9, from here on out(Only reason went 3-9, twice, early, was because of Wulf dumpster fire).

So I think Leach is going to be kinda, sorta almost semi similar to price in having down years, but that Leach down years will be 5-7, 6-6, 7-5, Bowl game down years, compared to Price's 3-9, 4-8 years.

Leach has gotten WSU so far that even down years, are, going to be 6-6,7-5, bowl game years.

Amazing how far WSU has come, is going, will go, under Leach.

The young guys like Brown, Ross, Archie, Stone, Sheetz, Djibril, Nunn, etc. got two more weeks of practice.

I might even go to the Cheez It Bowl.

The practices is what matters. The bowl game is the perk of it. We need it for the players, especially on defense.

Just a reminder to everyone that no matter what happens today the Cougs are still going to a bowl game and get those extra practices in which is important for next year.

I really have no idea what will happen today.
Will the dawgs establish a run game and burn most of the clock?
Will the Cougs put up 50?
Will 50 be enough?
Will the turnover gods go in the Coug's favor and get 5 or more after the Cougars did this twice this year for the opponent?

Just want the Cougs to play a solid game and then see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT