ADVERTISEMENT

A suspect is in custody in Moscow killings

One of the news outlets reported that he is at WSU getting a PhD in criminology. I thought to myself--did he commit these murders as a test case? Was it an internal test to see if he could get away with it? Sad but hope that they have enough evidence to convict.
Sounds like they’ve traced his car and also have his DNA at the scene. Police chief implied that they have a connection between him & the victims (‘that will come out in the prosecution’). It’s going to be a pretty solid case if they strung it 2,500 miles and got the FBI to shadow him all week before they picked him up (which is also being reported…and I wonder if it means they got a new DNA sample from him somehow).

Also, walking back my previous comment about the survey he made and the likelihood of DeSales getting sued. Now sounds like he posted the survey on Reddit in May, and he graduated from DeSales in June. So the connection to DeSales probably isn’t there…it was just him, soliciting pointers?

Stupid question -
Why would someone come all the way from Pa for WSU CJ phd?
Is it a really good program, easy to get into….?

Stupid question -

Is supposed to be pretty decent. I knew people who went to WSU because of the program...but they were also from the northwest...so yeah that is rather curious

Great...when my youngest went to Pullman told her safest place to attend school.

A couple of lock downs and a mass murder five minute walk from each one of my daughter's apartment....sure doesn't seem to ring true anymore.
Could happen anywhere. And mass killings do happen everywhere and have happened on multiple other college campuses too. This one got added attention because of the horror movie nature of it.

What’s crazy everyone is talking about this guy at work. Seems many people have been following this case.

By asking if “anyone else” has been arrested yet, he seems to be setting up his defense Implying the police should be looking for someone else or it could be his alter ego is guilty. I am sure he is very smart
Maybe there’s a Frank to his Aaron?

(Primal Fear movie reference. Not a great movie, but Edward Norton was excellent in it.)

Reactions: ATACFD
Question (of a sort of tongue-in-cheek variety, because I deal with tragedy through sarcasm & humor):

Does “once a Coug, always a Coug” apply to this guy?

No, he didn’t have his degree.
Also grad school different. I know plenty of people who attended grad school somewhere and maintain no representation of that school other than the piece of paper they received upon their grad degree. My sister went to UCLA med school and has never considered herself a “Bruin”. If I got a UW MBA I sure as hell wouldn’t consider myself a Dog.

More creepy details emerging....

A Reddit user who identified himself as Bryan Kohberger shared a request seven months ago asking people to participate in a research project "that seeks to understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime."

A link to an online survey asks participants to detail their thoughts and feelings throughout the commission of a recent crime.

Questions in Kohberger's research survey via DeSales University included:
  • How did you travel to and enter the location where the crime occurred?
  • After arriving, what steps did you take prior to locating the victim or target? Please detail your thoughts and feelings.
  • Why did you choose that victim or target over others?
  • Before making your move, how did you approach the victim or target? Please detail what you were thinking and feeling.
  • What was the first move you made in order to accomplish your goal? Please detail any thoughts and feelings at this point.
  • Before leaving, is there anything else you did?
  • How did you leave the scene?
  • After committing the crime, what were you thinking and feeling?
I am surprised he didn’t ask the following question

• What is it like to be someone’s girlfriend in prison.

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
Stupid question -

Maybe he wanted to complete post-grad to a major national university after doing undergrad at a small parochial school not too many people have heard of?

Apparently there were no red flags on the guy wrt his academic advisors.

I think this case will be a case study in many aspects in the social media internet slouths era.

Every fbi expert I have seen interviewed has said that people need to be patient..let them process the evidence and do their job.

I doubt it will make a dent...but hopefully society learns from this case and cut the people who aren't getting any sleep some slack

Kohberger received his undergraduate degree from DeSales university in Pennsylvania in 2020 and completed his graduate studies at DeSales in June 2022 according to the University.

Seems they tracked him via DNA and tracking his car. One of the mom says she now sees the connections between her daughter and the killer but she’s no ready to release those connections.

Kohberger received his undergraduate degree from DeSales university in Pennsylvania in 2020 and completed his graduate studies at DeSales in June 2022 according to the University.

Seems they tracked him via DNA and tracking his car. One of the mom says she now sees the connections between her daughter and the killer but she’s no ready to release those connections.
Other WSU students have also started commenting on his behavior changes after the murders. His work effort fell off, became an easier grader, stopped shaving, etc.

Other WSU students have also started commenting on his behavior changes after the murders. His work effort fell off, became an easier grader, stopped shaving, etc.
As one note what made him come to school across the country to Pullman Washington.

Help me out.

To avoid spending any more time reading the dozens of articles and watching dozens of YouTube videos, can someone answer this question?

We know video camera surveillance recorded the white Hyundai Elantra. We know there is DNA found at the scene and on the Elantra.

But my question is..... how did the authorities conclude that the suspect was the driver of the white Elantra?
What evidence made them narrow it down to the white Elantra? Anyone know?

Help me out.

To avoid spending any more time reading the dozens of articles and watching dozens of YouTube videos, can someone answer this question?

We know video camera surveillance recorded the white Hyundai Elantra. We know there is DNA found at the scene and on the Elantra.

But my question is..... how did the authorities conclude that the suspect was the driver of the white Elantra?
Here's my best educated guess. They did a DMV check on the elantras that were registered in the immediate area. Then through researching who those vehicles were registered to they probably narrowed this guy down as a suspect given what he was majoring in at wsu. I also know that there was a tip called in in Pennsylvania that someone spotted a white Elantra with Washington plates in that area. Then they probably followed him around until they could gather some DNA from something he discarded. They match that with the DNA found at the scene and there you go. That's just my best educated guess. The only fact in all of that is that there was a tip called in from Pennsylvania that a white Elantra was spotted with Washington plates in that area.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Help me out.

They must have spotted the white Elantra in some video footage that night from someone, right? There are not a lot of cars driving around that late, so perhaps a couple of videos showed the white Elantra driving in the vicinity of the murder scene.

The DNA search must have then matched the potential suspects to the white Elantra. I recall that one of the victims had some DNA under her fingernails. Not sure if that is true though. Nevertheless, they had the DNA and the suspected car. Not many white circa 2015 Elantras in the Pullman/Moscow area (the assumption being that the murderer was a local).

They must have spotted the white Elantra in some video footage that night from someone, right? There are not a lot of cars driving around that late, so perhaps a couple of videos showed the white Elantra driving in the vicinity of the murder scene.

The DNA search must have then matched the potential suspects to the white Elantra. I recall that one of the victims had some DNA under her fingernails. Not sure if that is true though. Nevertheless, they had the DNA and the suspected car. Not many white circa 2015 Elantras in the Pullman/Moscow area (the assumption being that the murderer was a local).
Okay, so the white Elantra isn't the only car on the road that night. Maybe they narrowed it down to, let's say 10 vehicles. How did they know which vehicle get's the short list? What was the breakthrough that led them to drill down (process of elimination) to the white Elantra?

I guess we'll eventually find out...but that's the answer I'm looking for, or curious about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT