ADVERTISEMENT

A suspect is in custody in Moscow killings

Makes sense they were going in to clean the crime scene today. They had what they needed.
Death Penalty in Idaho?

College student in his mid 20's however NOT a UI student. Arrested at 3 am in Scranton PA

Please...no political comments on this subject. Don't poke the bear.
Unfortunately, extradition from Pennsylvania to Idaho is going to have political overtones. It was one of the first things that crossed my mind actually.

Someone sent me this that he sent out on a research participation survey.

Hello,

My name is Bryan, and I am inviting you to participate in a research project that seeks to understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime. In particular, this study seeks to understand the story behind your most recent criminal offense, with an emphasis on your thoughts and feelings throughout your experience. In the event that your most recent offense was not one that led to a conviction, you may still participate. Additional surveys are included after the open-ended section as to best understand your unique traits. The study should take about 15-20 minutes to fully complete.

Someone sent me this that he sent out on a research participation survey.

Hello,

My name is Bryan, and I am inviting you to participate in a research project that seeks to understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime. In particular, this study seeks to understand the story behind your most recent criminal offense, with an emphasis on your thoughts and feelings throughout your experience. In the event that your most recent offense was not one that led to a conviction, you may still participate. Additional surveys are included after the open-ended section as to best understand your unique traits. The study should take about 15-20 minutes to fully complete.
Just spoke with my daughter and yes, she had a couple classes with him. Never talk to him but certainly recognize the face. Said he was kind of a know-it-all.

Just spoke with my daughter and yes, she had a couple classes with him. Never talk to him but certainly recognize the face. Said he was kind of a know-it-all.
Geezus. There but for the grace of God go I.....

Last edited:
Interesting that his first question was whether anyone else had been arrested (according to one report). That would seem to imply he wasn’t alone.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
I wonder what his connection is to the suspects...if any.
Yeah, the details of this still don’t make much sense. You don’t normally see much mixing between doctoral students and undergrads. Was this guy just looking for some firsthand knowledge of criminal psychology? House full of girls that seems like an easy target…right up until you find there’s a guy there?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Yeah, the details of this still don’t make much sense. You don’t normally see much mixing between doctoral students and undergrads. Was this guy just looking for some firsthand knowledge of criminal psychology? House full of girls that seems like an easy target…right up until you find there’s a guy there?

You may have hit the nail on the head when you mentioned first hand knowledge of criminal psychology. I saw a research questionaire that he wrote for people who have committed violent crimes. It was creepy. I will try to find it again and link to it...but it gives a window into his curiosity of the subject such as what where you feeling before you left the house to commit the crime...why did you chose this target over that target etc etc

Reactions: wsudefense
I just read on Twitter that a Hyndai Elantra was seized. take that with a grain of salt as i read it on Twitter and rarely venture there

I believe 2 of the victims worked at the same restaurant. Maybe he frequented it and became obsessed.
I always had a feeling there was a thread to WSU...but probably more because it was dad's weekend that weekend so some deranged relative came and went.

The dude was a TA as well.

You may have hit the nail on the head when you mentioned first hand knowledge of criminal psychology. I saw a research questionaire that he wrote for people who have committed violent crimes. It was creepy. I will try to find it again and link to it...but it gives a window into his curiosity of the subject such as what where you feeling before you left the house to commit the crime...why did you chose this target over that target etc etc
I saw the same thing, that’s probably what raised the thought. There were some other tidbits I saw too, his interest seems to have been looking at narrow facets of criminal psychology. Maybe the surveys just weren’t enough.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT