ADVERTISEMENT

According to Feldman looks like it's Jeff Phelps for DT

His defensive line helped tie the cougs offense in knots during the Bowl game. He would be a good replacement for Grinch if he leaves after next year.I like his candidacy.

Have to like getting a legit ex-Power 5 guy, especially after what we saw his DL do against our OL in the bowl game.

One would bet that he is a great recruiter.It is probably too late for him to help in recruiting DE and DT s for this year. I hope he is hired.

One would bet that he is a great recruiter.It is probably too late for him to help in recruiting DE and DT s for this year. I hope he is hired.

Minnesota has two 3-star DT commits right now (or, at least, had them before Claeys got canned), and Brand Z says that Phelps was primary on one of them, Joshua Croslen (https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3668), who's ranked pretty highly but has no Power 5 offers outside of Minnesota The other guy is huge, 6'5", 325, and he was probably recruited by Phelps also. His profile is at https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2275. He supposedly has Ole Miss and Purdue offers.
They also have two 3-star DEs who committed to them a week ago, so they probably are not going anywhere. (Interestingly, one had a WSU offer in addition to about 5 other Power 5 schools.)

I think the best bet here might be Croslen. Another site purports to show who assistants have recruited (hint: Google "Jeff Phelps Minnesota recruiter" and he's the only guy that comes up in the current class for Phelps. I've never thought the way that site tracks recruiting by assistant coaches is all that reliable, though, and a lot of players are listed with no primary recruiter.

Do i think tat Grinch is leaving? i think that it is a possibility. He is young energetic and has high value. He has definitely improved the coug defense and may be sought after.I would prefer he stayed in Pullman,he would be a great replacement for Leach if leach ever leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT