ADVERTISEMENT

All Coug Team from state of WA

I thought this would be interesting and fun. Not intended to alienate all our great coug alums, fans, and players from other awesome places. Could have easily and might still start a different thread of an all Coug team from California or other places. The player suggestions should have played all or some high school ball at a WA high school.

Suggest as many players as you like. To start with.....

Mike Utley- offensive line

Some great names I haven't seen, from the year I became a rabid Coug fan (as a young kid) ......Cardiac Kids of 1965 :

Doug Flansburg at WR
Larry Eilmes at fullback (remember when that was a position? LOL)
Ammon Mc Washington RB ( I THINK he was from this state, not certain?)

That is what I was hoping for as well- some new names of players I don't have memories of. Thanks for the suggestions.

I also forgot Paul Sorenson- db

Large 2nd team
qb- Halliday, Rosenbach, Rypien
Rb- Mitz
Wr- Jordan, Pointer, Karstetter, C Henderson, Lunde, McWashington, CJ Davis
Te- Boyd, Wellsandt
Ol- Alfred, Dahl, Dakota, Gorman, Dunning, McEndoo, Parrish, Withrow
K- Lindell,, Powell, Furney

Dt- Cooper, Pitoitua, Holmes, Williams
De- Boose, Bush, Long,
Lb- Child’s, Derting, Smith
Cb- Hasty, Paymah
S- Mobley, Bohannon
P- Forrest

Can't really mention 4 Ks between 1st & 2nd team without including Drew Dunning (Liberty).

Maybe doesn't make any "All Time" teams, but Isaac Dotson (Newport) deserves a mention.

Jim Michalczik should be considered for the honorable mention team.
All conference

I knew it would be difficult to determine the difference between a 2nd team and honorable mention player. What I will do is change the 2nd team label to Others to Consider and Remember.

Last edited:
Hanson and Basler are probably the two easiest choices on the whole list.

Beach was a solid player while in college, but blossomed in the pro's. He somehow acquired a better set of hands when he became a pro. Was always a good blocker. Boyd was probably not our best all time WA TE, but you could make a case that he mattered more to the team his last year than any of the others.

Gotta include Parrish on the O line.

Gotta include Doornink somewhere.

Darling moved to Kettle from CA either his Jr or Sr year of HS, so I guess he counts...barely...as a WA kid. Great individual player. But LB is probably as crowded a position as QB, so it is a tough call.

Trufant, Mobley, Gregory.

Finally, I have one that "should have been", and got enough time on the field to show that he might well have made the list, though his life & career were cut short: Spud Harris. Lakes '76.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT