ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Dillard

Just let it go, Ed. We'll find out in 3 months if Dillard is exception to the norm.
Let what go ? The comment wasn’t about Dillard, it was if this was some novel idea that I or John Clayton or others simply fabricated or if it has been discussed before .

I hope Dillard goes in the first round . But pretending like the nfl is slow to react is burying our collective heads in the ground.

You ever hear of a guy named Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam? There was Terry Bradshaw who execs said was too dumb, Terry Hanratty who was Notre Dame and Joe Gilliam . Bradshaw has said he was the most talented QB on the roster. The guy could truly spin it. One of the reasons he never made it ? The color of his skin. Saying the nfl was slow to react to changing times is simply an unsustainable position .

Mahomes will open up doors for more Air Raid qbs. If Dillard gets drafted in the first round and plays well it too will open up doors.

People act like this was about the quality of Clayton’s opinions . It isn’t . It was that it had been discussed .

Have they disagreed with his comments about a dearth of ready olineman from the college level and the reason why? Do you think his opinions are simply formed when he is by himself and comes up with crazy ideas or by talking to the people in the industry.?
To answer your question ED, I specificly asked the OL coach of over 30 years in the NFL about Clayton's "he didn't play with his hand in the dirt" theory. His response was "that theory is a bunch of crap, if the guy has talent, hand or no hand in the dirt in college has nothing to do with it" Not something I look at when evaluating college players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT