ADVERTISEMENT

Another perspective on FB player bias and what is news

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
So we are all caught up on the 3 WSU FB incidents, and CML's claims of bias. I tend to agree w/CML.

So if you removed FB player from all of these stories, would the be ANY press on them at all outside of the police blotter or some back page weekly police update? Probably not.

Ok, so let's compare this press to the press (some, not much in my opinion) about the co-ed allegedly drugged and raped at Delta Upsilon recently, and the others coming forward saying that they were drugged as well? It seems to me that this is a VERY serious incident that should be VERY newsworthy and have cops swarming all over it. Frat date-rape party vs guy gets beer stolen?

So then we go to CNN.com where a young lady at UNC alleges rape against a FB player along with lack of proper police behavior (blaming her, coddling him). Terrible and newsworthy, but it only rises to national status because - yep - FB player involved. Don't see the WSU frat drug-rape on CNN.

So what's my point? Yes let's make news out of newsworthy things. The frat thing is much more newsworthy and in the public interest (especially if you are a coed) than Domino's scuffle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT