ADVERTISEMENT

Any guess on what our "legal damages" are...

"No member shall deliver a notice of withdrawal to the Conference in the period beginning on July 24, 2011, and ending on August 1, 2024"

Seems like a clear statement to me. If you deliver notice of withdrawal, which UW did, then you are subject to the penalties.

To say "UW didn't give notice of withdrawal" is a very curious interpretation.
Once again, nobody has given notice of withdrawal. They are still a party to the agreement through it's expiration. Stating that once this agreement expires we are moving on is not notifying of withdrawal from the current contract. I would advise not listening to Wilner (or Schulz for that matter) for your legal advice.

This will get sorted out through the lawyers.

Is accepting a conference invitation and signing a GOR with the Big-10 "notice"...even though you didn't send a letter to the conference office stating you are giving notice?

The fact that "notice" is not clearly written on how that needs to be delivered is interesting.

Most legal contracts I see have really clear "notice provisions" including where the message needs to be delivered too.

Reactions: mikalalas

Is accepting a conference invitation and signing a GOR with the Big-10 "notice"...even though you didn't send a letter to the conference office stating you are giving notice?

The fact that "notice" is not clearly written on how that needs to be delivered is interesting.

Most legal contracts I see have really clear "notice provisions" including where the message needs to be delivered too.
There is no requirement to give notice about anything you are doing AFTER the current contract expires. If they were to be withdrawing from the current agreement, they would need to deliver legal notice.

There is no requirement to give notice about anything you are doing AFTER the current contract expires. If they were to be withdrawing from the current agreement, they would need to deliver legal notice.
If your interpretation is accurate - which someone else will have to sort out - then I would agree, the departing schools have fulfilled their GOR obligations with regard to the current agreement.

If your interpretation is accurate - which someone else will have to sort out - then I would agree, the departing schools have fulfilled their GOR obligations with regard to the current agreement.
Well, it's not really an interpretation. It's exactly what it says - "notice of withdrawal" - which the only thing to withdraw from is the current agreement. Everyone is still in it.

Next steps for the conference will be dissolution planning once everyone comes to grips. The dissolution itself will take some time as they wind down/payoff any debts/liabilities as well as there will still be incoming $'s (including the already awarded NCAA tournament payouts) that will need to be distributed to all the members over the next x number of years.

Well, it's not really an interpretation. It's exactly what it says - "notice of withdrawal" - which the only thing to withdraw from is the current agreement. Everyone is still in it.

Next steps for the conference will be dissolution planning once everyone comes to grips. The dissolution itself will take some time as they wind down/payoff any debts/liabilities as well as there will still be incoming $'s (including the already awarded NCAA tournament payouts) that will need to be distributed to all the members over the next x number of years.
The bylaws aren't structured around the GOR, they are structured around "membership" and "member" requirements. Only the Beavs and Cougs can decide on dissolution...if that's what they want to do or not.

The bylaws aren't structured around the GOR, they are structured around "membership" and "member" requirements. Only the Beavs and Cougs can decide on dissolution...if that's what they want to do or not.
There are 12 members of the conference that will be making decisions around the future of the conference. Hopefully the other 10 look kindly upon the cougs and beavs in doing so.

There are 12 members of the conference that will be making decisions around the future of the conference. Hopefully the other 10 look kindly upon the cougs and beavs in doing so.

You're talking a lot of smack but it opens the other 10 up to legal proceedings where they are refusing to negotiate for future media relations due to their professed commitments to other conferences. If they try to play the "we haven't given notice" card, WSU and OSU are going to be put in a position where they can demonstrate that the actions of the other 10 are preventing them from moving forward and thus causing financial harm. Schulz indicated that there is exciting news on the legal front and I'm guessing that it isn't that the other teams have agreed to split the money equally.

If this isn't giving notice, I don't know what is. It was on almost every sports page and sports network accross the country, and acknowledge by both the President and Football coach.

When someone dies you don't always need a death certificate to prove it.

UW joins Big 10

You know that uw is getting a half share of B1G revenue, right? USC and UCLA are going in as full members.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Once again, nobody has given notice of withdrawal. They are still a party to the agreement through it's expiration. Stating that once this agreement expires we are moving on is not notifying of withdrawal from the current contract. I would advise not listening to Wilner (or Schulz for that matter) for your legal advice.
They’ve all given notice - in violation of the agreement. The date of their departure is not relevant. Their choice to not attend the Apple meeting after making their choice also implies acceptance of the terms of the bylaws.

Having a press conference and public announcement is notice. Calling the other members on the morning of the Apple meeting and saying”we’re going to the Big 10” is also notice.

10 former members of the conference have announced their intent to leave, and as of that notice no longer have a vote in any decision made by the conference board of directors. The bylaws are clear on that. And, the members who have announced their intention to leave have not participated in further discussions, which implies their assent to that clause.

You're talking a lot of smack but it opens the other 10 up to legal proceedings where they are refusing to negotiate for future media relations due to their professed commitments to other conferences. If they try to play the "we haven't given notice" card, WSU and OSU are going to be put in a position where they can demonstrate that the actions of the other 10 are preventing them from moving forward and thus causing financial harm. Schulz indicated that there is exciting news on the legal front and I'm guessing that it isn't that the other teams have agreed to split the money equally.
I was just messing with the last comment, I know it can be jarring going from thinking you're in the catbird seat to realizing things are the same as always. Obviously they should be fair and equitable in their decisions as they dismantle the conference but WSU should be careful about where they point their "fists clenched" legal strategy given they are in the minority. Obviously some schools got tired of them suckling off the teat of the rest of the conference. Schulz will fight the good fight for sure.

You're so close. No one is withdrawing before the agreement expires so there is no action to request an injunction against. It won't even get heard, let alone granted or denied. I know, I know..."but but notice was delivered!!"

It does NOT mention DEPARTURE DATE.

According to the exact wording, WSU, or OSU, could give OFFICIAL NOTICE tomorrow, that they are going to leave the PAC 10 million years from now, and if WSU did that, then according to the wording, WSU would be penalized because they would have given OFFICIAL NOTICE BEFORE 8/1/24

IT's the OFFICIAL NOTICE THATS IMPORTANT.

THE DEPARTURE DATE IS NOT IMPORTANT.

THATS WHAT THE WORDS MEAN.

WHEN IT SAYS THE SKY IS BLUE, IF YOU SAY THE SKY IS RED, THAT DOES NOT CHANGE IF IT SAID THE SKY IS BLUE.

IF IT SAYS THE SKY IS BLUE, THEN THE SKY IS BLUE PERIOD, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
95cuog is a Schulz alt account, right?

Your a FCKING DOGSHT MORON, THAT NEEDS TO BE IGNORED.

YOU HAVE BEEN LOGICALLY AND FACTUALLY PROVEN WRONG, EVEN BY A LAWYER ON THIS BOARD

TIME FOR EVERYONE TO BLOCK YOUR HUSKY AZZ, AN OR IGNORE YOU.

AND DONT BOTHER RESPONDING, SAYING ANYTHING ELSE.

TALK TO THE HAND DUMBAZZ

• Haha
Reactions: moondawgie
Your a FCKING DOGSHT MORON, THAT NEEDS TO BE IGNORED.

YOU HAVE BEEN LOGICALLY AND FACTUALLY PROVEN WRONG, EVEN BY A LAWYER ON THIS BOARD

TIME FOR EVERYONE TO BLOCK YOUR HUSKY AZZ, AN OR IGNORE YOU.

AND DONT BOTHER RESPONDING, SAYING ANYTHING ELSE.

TALK TO THE HAND DUMBAZZ
Hey, that's really uncalled for

Honestly anyone that thinks that you can't announce ahead of time what your team intends to do at the time that the agreement expires hasn't really put any thought into a longer term view. Just think if on 8/2/24 the cougs and beavs were told by 10 other teams that they were on their own. No one can put that view on it and think this agreement says anything other than you can't notify of withdrawing before the end date or there will be potential penalties. There is no provision for penalties for having the foresight and a plan for what's next. The only ones that would think that are the ones that didn't think to plan ahead with contingencies. It sucks that the WSU admin didn't do that.

Yeh me too. Why are you here? to rub salt in the wound of your mutt betrayal? Go away and just us lick our wounds.

Any other Wazzu Watchers care to chime in?
Not at all. Wish the PAC could have stayed together. Unfortunately without the LA market it wasn't very viable or in most members best interest.

Typical husky response. Akin to a husband saying “ you got fat with our baby so you forced me to have an affair with a skinny woman”.

Typical husky response. Akin to a husband saying “ you got fat with our baby so you forced me to have an affair with a skinny woman”.
So WSU is the fat chick in this one? Seems about right.

Seriously, do you think WSU athletics is owed something from UW athletics?

Honestly anyone that thinks that you can't announce ahead of time what your team intends to do at the time that the agreement expires hasn't really put any thought into a longer term view. Just think if on 8/2/24 the cougs and beavs were told by 10 other teams that they were on their own. No one can put that view on it and think this agreement says anything other than you can't notify of withdrawing before the end date or there will be potential penalties. There is no provision for penalties for having the foresight and a plan for what's next. The only ones that would think that are the ones that didn't think to plan ahead with contingencies. It sucks that the WSU admin didn't do that.
Well, the agreement that all 12 teams were attached to says you can’t make an announcement about an intent to depart during the term of the contract. It’s pretty clear.

Yes. I think UW is in the wrong with how they handled this. And yes, like a divorce, there are consequences for your actions.

Well, the agreement that all 12 teams were attached to says you can’t make an announcement about an intent to depart during the term of the contract. It’s pretty clear.
You can. You can't depart before the agreement expires without penalty though.

I certainly think the tax payers shouldn't be left holding the bag when they didn't have to be. That is directly the fault of UW for walking away from the apple deal.

There's no doubt that the feckless 10 are going to argue that although their intentions to leave the conference were known before 8/1/24, it doesn't matter because they really want to be part of the conference until that day. It's up to attorneys to determine what "notice of withdrawal" means.

Anyone who isn't going to get money and looking in from the outside knows that it's intuitively obvious to the casual observer that saying that you are gone in 2024 is "notice" in any real world measure. Of course, real world common sense is often absent when it comes to legal outcomes. As mentioned above, even though all ten of the traitors have publicly announced that they are leaving the conference in 2024, it's almost guaranteed that they haven't submitted a formal notice in writing.

What really sucks about all of this is that you mention foresight...but it's an incredibly sh!tty world that UW administration lives in where they spent time in a boardroom saying, "F#ck WSU and f#ck the Apple Cup rivalry. We need to dump those f#cking losers ASAP and maximize our revenue. I know that we are backstabbing cocksuckers if we do this...but they're probably doing the same thing right now...and if not, they are stupid and naive and deserve to be screwed over. The notion that they would trust us after spending decades trying to f#ck them over means that they deserve whatever happens to them".

The lack of honor and integrity in college football is disturbing and should not be celebrated. What would be f#cking hilarious to see would be that UW ends up sucking donkey balls in the B1G and gets booted out after 10 years and sent back to the Mountain Pac or whatever is left. Nebraska and West Virginia are proof that it's f#cking hard to be competitive when you are playing outside of your natural recruiting areas.

There's no doubt that the feckless 10 are going to argue that although their intentions to leave the conference were known before 8/1/24, it doesn't matter because they really want to be part of the conference until that day. It's up to attorneys to determine what "notice of withdrawal" means.

Anyone who isn't going to get money and looking in from the outside knows that it's intuitively obvious to the casual observer that saying that you are gone in 2024 is "notice" in any real world measure. Of course, real world common sense is often absent when it comes to legal outcomes. As mentioned above, even though all ten of the traitors have publicly announced that they are leaving the conference in 2024, it's almost guaranteed that they haven't submitted a formal notice in writing.

What really sucks about all of this is that you mention foresight...but it's an incredibly sh!tty world that UW administration lives in where they spent time in a boardroom saying, "F#ck WSU and f#ck the Apple Cup rivalry. We need to dump those f#cking losers ASAP and maximize our revenue. I know that we are backstabbing cocksuckers if we do this...but they're probably doing the same thing right now...and if not, they are stupid and naive and deserve to be screwed over. The notion that they would trust us after spending decades trying to f#ck them over means that they deserve whatever happens to them".

The lack of honor and integrity in college football is disturbing and should not be celebrated. What would be f#cking hilarious to see would be that UW ends up sucking donkey balls in the B1G and gets booted out after 10 years and sent back to the Mountain Pac or whatever is left. Nebraska and West Virginia are proof that it's f#cking hard to be competitive when you are playing outside of your natural recruiting areas.
I hear you on all that, but --

- It's also a bit ambitious to expect WSU and Oregon State to just take TV revenues for all the teams playing this season, including the traitors, and just pocket it all before they actually leave. I mean, yes, I'd love nothing more, but let's not pretend that is all that reasonable or intuitive. They aren't getting paid yet by their new conferences. To be clear, their intentional withholding of formal notice--while an obvious move based on how shitty that language is in the governing docs--is BS, too.

- UW probably isn't going to struggle. And unfortunately, they'll still be playing in their main recruiting area (SoCal) while having a superior situation from various perspectives to their former ostensible competitors in NorCal (Cal, Stanford), and still can recruit the west pretty easily since, again, look at their competition.

People seem to be forgetting that UW is starting out with a half share but it's set to move up a bit over time until the next TV deal comes after '29-'30. It all probably blows up then, but if not, if they've done OK, they probably can get a full or 75% share, at least, at that time. As time goes on, at least until this all blows up again, they'll be outpacing the other non-SEC P5s.

**** UW and all that, but some of our views on this seem more like hope than like any kind of rational view.

I hear you on all that, but --

- It's also a bit ambitious to expect WSU and Oregon State to just take TV revenues for all the teams playing this season, including the traitors, and just pocket it all before they actually leave. I mean, yes, I'd love nothing more, but let's not pretend that is all that reasonable or intuitive. They aren't getting paid yet by their new conferences. To be clear, their intentional withholding of formal notice--while an obvious move based on how shitty that language is in the governing docs--is BS, too.

- UW probably isn't going to struggle. And unfortunately, they'll still be playing in their main recruiting area (SoCal) while having a superior situation from various perspectives to their former ostensible competitors in NorCal (Cal, Stanford), and still can recruit the west pretty easily since, again, look at their competition.

People seem to be forgetting that UW is starting out with a half share but it's set to move up a bit over time until the next TV deal comes after '29-'30. It all probably blows up then, but if not, if they've done OK, they probably can get a full or 75% share, at least, at that time. As time goes on, at least until this all blows up again, they'll be outpacing the other non-SEC P5s.

**** UW and all that, but some of our views on this seem more like hope than like any kind of rational view.
and let's not forget that at some point, we might want to bring the "band back together..." If we totally "scorch the earth" that process will take longer.

and let's not forget that at some point, we might want to bring the "band back together..." If we totally "scorch the earth" that process will take longer.

FWIW, I don't expect that WSU and OSU will get all of the money that's left in the pot in 2024. I'm fine with the notion that the traitors helped earn the money and they deserve some share. What I hope is that WSU and OSU can set up enough of a legal threat to the whole process where we can get a larger portion to help us deal with the challenge of being dumped for a new girlfriend.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Having a press conference and public announcement is notice. Calling the other members on the morning of the Apple meeting and saying”we’re going to the Big 10” is also notice.
The question is whether that conduct is "notice" as defined in the bylaws.

If there is money to be made, bygones become bygones rathe quickly.

Reactions: Coug90
Buddy, how about you get off this Cougar board? You are a mutt and we really don't need your shit during this really F-ed time.

Not you too!? 🙁

If Loyal didn't have a sprung ankle and some cracked ribs from his ill-fated trip to see the Cougs play, he'd likely punch you in the nose and kick you in the nuts.

(Unless you were seated next to a beautiful woman, in which case he'd hand you a Silver Bullet and ask you to step aside so he could work his magic)

If Loyal didn't have a sprung ankle and some cracked ribs from his ill-fated trip to see the Cougs play, he'd likely punch you in the nose and kick you in the nuts.

(Unless you were seated next to a beautiful woman, in which case he'd hand you a Silver Bullet and ask you to step aside so he could work his magic)
Where the hell is Biggs at, he’s supposed to make these assholes “earn their words”.

My ankle still hurts like a mother. Might have to go to the doctor next week. Think maybe something is broken. Too late today. Ribs are getting better. And she doesn't have to be beautiful. Just cute and not fat. Never been a chubby chaser. And why do gals get so fat? at any age, but especially the younger ones. So many that would be pretty cute if they weren't hogs. Fat guys, well that's another story. My best pal down here has a gut the size of Jupiter. It's like how do you let that happen?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT