ADVERTISEMENT

Any guess on what our "legal damages" are...

My ankle still hurts like a mother. Might have to go to the doctor next week. Think maybe something is broken

You gonna make it from Yakima to Pullman for the big game tomorrow and the new fieldhouse ground-breaking?

Maybe you can remind Chun that he owes you a brick for your donation

So WSU is the fat chick in this one? Seems about right.

Seriously, do you think WSU athletics is owed something from UW athletics?
I don’t UW athletics owes WSU athletics just like WSU doesn’t owe UW anything and that’s one of the reasons I want the Apple Cup to end. However I do think you are here to rub salt in our wounds and that is something I would expect from a husky fan.

The question is whether that conduct is "notice" as defined in the bylaws.
I didn’t see that it was defined in the bylaws…which will be one of the things a court has to interpret.

EDIT: did another quick review, and still don’t see a definition. However, in several situations described, the bylaws prefer “informal” processes and communications, at least for a first step. If things can’t be resolved informally, they move to written/formal documentation. So there’s an argument there that no formal notification of withdrawal is required.

Also, in the section discussing dispute resolution - in the event of something significant that involves the whole conference, the commissioner is directed to call a meeting of all members. So Kliavkoff can definitely argue that he’s following the bylaws in trying to have a meeting of the 12. I would argue that this section is trumped by the ‘once you deliver notice, you aren’t a member anymore’ section. But, again…to be determined by the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT