ADVERTISEMENT

Arinze Chidom

I saw a brief video and he will probably play the 3 position, His stats are not great but he seems to have good ball handling and driving skills for a big man.he comes from good programs so one would think that he is well coaching

Supposedly he did really well in summer play. This is the time of the year when few colleges have available scholarships. It will not take long to see how skilled he really is. I am sure that Kent s detractors will let us know if he is not all star material

You seem to worry too much about Kent's critics. I worry more about Cougar fans not paying any attention to the basketball program anymore. I guess I would rather have a detractor than someone who thinks our program is irrelevant.

Glad Cougar

Then by your standards,the attention on the coug program is constant.These guys are not really concerned with the coug basketball program. their criticism trumps any concern for the program

Another way to look at it is these guys ARE concerned with the program and want it to be as good as it can be, but don't believe coaches like Bone or Kent can get it done. I don't dispute a couple of fans were never willing to give Kent a chance from the get go, but others are critical now because of the results to date, both in recruiting and on-the-court. This will be a critical 3rd year...WSU needs to show significant improvement, not just a little bit better since it wouldn't take much to improve on 1-17. With Hawk, Iroegbu, Callison, and Connor graduating after this year, the recruiting is going to have get better than what we've seen so far from Ernie otherwise the gap between other conference teams and the Cougars will just get wider.

To be honest, El C....there are just a handful of us even talking about Cougar basketball on this and other forums. Sure would be nice if that changed but it's going to take some winning basketball in Pullman.

Glad Cougar

I agree that only a few of us are talking basketball Leach hs people thinking football and bowl games. None of the players mentioned were high level recruits and Kent recruited Connor .He will have to improve this year and a few of this years recruits will have to blossom

Going clear back to Raveling we have only landed a small handful of cant mis kids out of highs school. Even some of those cant misses fell short of expectations. No way to tell whether this latest kid or any of the new guys will pan out, any more than there was for some of the other really good, and not so good under the radar guys over the years. On the bright side Flynn looks like he may be the real deal after the Italian trip, and Franks had a couple of good games too. Langston might give immediate help as a JC.

I was wondering about Franks. In a couple of photographs ,he looked taller than his listed 6'7.Does anyone know if Franks has grown or is it just the camera angle making him look taller?

Going clear back to Raveling we have only landed a small handful of cant mis kids out of highs school. Even some of those cant misses fell short of expectations. No way to tell whether this latest kid or any of the new guys will pan out, any more than there was for some of the other really good, and not so good under the radar guys over the years. On the bright side Flynn looks like he may be the real deal after the Italian trip, and Franks had a couple of good games too. Langston might give immediate help as a JC.
Being a WSU fan I don't know what 'can't miss' means'other than Guy Williams. Stuart House and the Gatorade or Parade deal. Those players aren't in our orbit.

We have always needed coaches that can evaluate 'talent' and not the kind of talent the UW or Oregon can get let alone UCLA or Arizona.

Sampson was really the only coach that was able to get over the hump with close to comparable incoming talent to the rest of the league and who knows how he accomished those classes.

Dick Bennett was next level in terms of talent evaluation. Cowgill, Harmelimg, Weaver seem to fit his recruiting philosophy although Tony might have been the one to find Weaver? I know Dick said he and Tony didn't always agree. Would love to know who and what side they were on.

I was wondering about Franks. In a couple of photographs ,he looked taller than his listed 6'7.Does anyone know if Franks has grown or is it just the camera angle making him look taller?
He has the wingspan of a taller player. Hope he put in the work out of season.

Chidom is classified as a late bloomer. He did not play much in High school. He went to a prep school and played with about 9 other D1 prospects. He stood out in summer juco play. Supposedly had 10 offers with D1 offers from St Marys and WSU. His sister was a parade AA and is co captain of the Duke basketball team.He seems to be a team player and moves his feet well on defense. He passes the ball well and moves well off the ball. He runs the court well but is not a great leaper. He needs to add strength and weight. He is listed as 6'9 190 pds. He was probably the best one was going to get that late in the game. The guy has potential and we will see if he develops under Kent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT