ADVERTISEMENT

ASU visit

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
Not that anyone cares, but went down to watch the game. Following is a recap if you are bored:

We had seats in the ASU season ticket holder area at the 45 yard line. I felt sorry for the poor ASU fans at the end of the row. 4 Cougs beside them, 2 Cougs in front of them and 4 Cougs behind them. Sitting at midfield....at home.....in your season ticket seats and surrounded by the enemy. Poor bastards. Overall, decent crowd that made a lot of noise on third downs. Most ASU fans were very polite.

There were at least 100 Cougs in the section I was in. The concession lines were terribly run and I missed the first half of the 3rd quarter waiting to get 3 sodas. I could make comments about the staff running the concessions but they would be the truth and I'd feel dirty typing it. The bright side to the long wait is that I got to spend about 20 minutes talking to a girl who was the prototype ASU graduate. Amazingly beautiful, super friendly and just a little ditzy. WSU was a great place to go to school and I don't regret going there but man, ASU would be in the running if I was doing it again.

The Phoenix area was hotter than Hades. We went hiking in the Superstition Mountains on Saturday morning and we needed a lot of water. It was a dry heat.

Spent Friday evening down on Mill Avenue with the Coug crowd for the start of the bar crawl. Good turnout and WSU was well represented there. Drank some beer with a former Coug football player and some other relatively recent graduates. Mill Avenue was pretty nice and a big change from what you see in Pullman. It reminded me of Massachusetts Street in Lawrence, Kansas. Lots of good bars and restaurants but a little expensive for a college scene.

We stayed at a Hampton Inn about 5 miles from campus because we found a room with a King and 2 Queens for $110/night. Took the light rail to the game for $4/person round trip.

Drove the worst excuse of an SUV that I've ever seen. 2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited. We figured out that the "Limited" referred to your enjoyment of driving one. Gutless and bad gas mileage. I wouldn't drive another one if it was free.

Overall great experience and a great trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: M-I-Coug
Not that anyone cares, but went down to watch the game. Following is a recap if you are bored:

We had seats in the ASU season ticket holder area at the 45 yard line. I felt sorry for the poor ASU fans at the end of the row. 4 Cougs beside them, 2 Cougs in front of them and 4 Cougs behind them. Sitting at midfield....at home.....in your season ticket seats and surrounded by the enemy. Poor bastards. Overall, decent crowd that made a lot of noise on third downs. Most ASU fans were very polite.

There were at least 100 Cougs in the section I was in. The concession lines were terribly run and I missed the first half of the 3rd quarter waiting to get 3 sodas. I could make comments about the staff running the concessions but they would be the truth and I'd feel dirty typing it. The bright side to the long wait is that I got to spend about 20 minutes talking to a girl who was the prototype ASU graduate. Amazingly beautiful, super friendly and just a little ditzy. WSU was a great place to go to school and I don't regret going there but man, ASU would be in the running if I was doing it again.

The Phoenix area was hotter than Hades. We went hiking in the Superstition Mountains on Saturday morning and we needed a lot of water. It was a dry heat.

Spent Friday evening down on Mill Avenue with the Coug crowd for the start of the bar crawl. Good turnout and WSU was well represented there. Drank some beer with a former Coug football player and some other relatively recent graduates. Mill Avenue was pretty nice and a big change from what you see in Pullman. It reminded me of Massachusetts Street in Lawrence, Kansas. Lots of good bars and restaurants but a little expensive for a college scene.

We stayed at a Hampton Inn about 5 miles from campus because we found a room with a King and 2 Queens for $110/night. Took the light rail to the game for $4/person round trip.

Drove the worst excuse of an SUV that I've ever seen. 2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited. We figured out that the "Limited" referred to your enjoyment of driving one. Gutless and bad gas mileage. I wouldn't drive another one if it was free.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Not sure how you went hiking in that stuff even in the morning. Did not mind paying $4 for water at the game that's how dehydrated I was. Did the pub crawl as well. It was a good weekend.

The concession lines were terribly run and I missed the first half of the 3rd quarter waiting to get 3 sodas. I could make comments about the staff running the concessions but they would be the truth and I'd feel dirty typing it.

On that note I have heard/read grumblings about staff/students/alumni of ASU strongly disliking the remodel to the stadium. A guess there are a ton of issues with it.

Glad our remodel of Martin Stadium has, at the moment, gone fairly smoothly (all things considered).

On that note I have heard/read grumblings about staff/students/alumni of ASU strongly disliking the remodel to the stadium. A guess there are a ton of issues with it.

Glad our remodel of Martin Stadium has, at the moment, gone fairly smoothly (all things considered).

You could see some steel columns at the north end of the stadium that have some future plans but the east side of the stadium itself looked like it was not being taken care of very well. Peeling paint, cramped seats, poorly laid out steps, hard to read numbers on rows and terrible concessions make you realize how good some stadiums really are.

You could see some steel columns at the north end of the stadium that have some future plans but the east side of the stadium itself looked like it was not being taken care of very well. Peeling paint, cramped seats, poorly laid out steps, hard to read numbers on rows and terrible concessions make you realize how good some stadiums really are.

Interestingly enough, I was listening to the Seahawks pregame show. Apparently, former Seahawk QB Sam Adkins, who is on the pre and post game shows, is in construction. I guess when they were down in Arizona, he was commenting on numerous shoddy examples of new construction in the area and U of Phoenix Stadium.

I guess Arizona has lax regulations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT