ADVERTISEMENT

ASU vs Cal

Ok. Not that impressed with either team tonight. Feeling better about Cougs chances. It's wide open folks.

Pay attention to your own squad there cuz. Put another Zima on ice and celebrate with your beta crew.

Cal is in deep trouble if Garbers is out for any significant amount of time. Modster (who we also recruited) looked awful. Like, really really bad.

I'm a good lip reader and I saw Garber saying "collarbone" when he was talking to Daniels after the game.

Two teams that try to win ugly played in ugly weather and it was an ugly game, no surprise. Doesn't mean either team be easy to beat. Hard to watch does not equal bad.

One caveat is Devon Modster looked like garbage and a broken collerbone will keep Garbers out for 6-8 weeks. This game looks less imposing.

Two teams that try to win ugly played in ugly weather and it was an ugly game, no surprise. Doesn't mean either team be easy to beat. Hard to watch does not equal bad.

You’re more optimistic than I am. I watched Cal struggle to beat a horrible Mississippi team last week. ASU has a nice win at Michigan St., and followed it with a loss to Colorado.

Every P12 has a loss now...in week 5. We have no quality out of conference wins, and frankly, none of our teams look capable of staying within 2 TDs of the top teams in the other P5 conferences.

Last edited:
If Modster plays for the next 6 weeks you will see him improve. That is virtually a given. I suspect that the offense will be shaken up just a bit if he is the starter. I don't know what Cal has for a #3 QB. If they think he is not much worse than Modster, I'd expect some more QB roll out/option stuff, since his passing isn't much. Unless they just want to flush the season. If the #3 is no good, though, they can't afford to risk exposing him in running situations. Then they would really be stuck. This is when the OC earns his money.

A lot of parity it seems, I don't think cal is a world beater, nor asu but both were better than I thought going into the season-that's prior to injuries-dangerous games until we get our D straightened out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT