ADVERTISEMENT

Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona State Q&A

The publisher of Rivals.com's Arizona State site answered our questions.

https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1822236

Based on his answers in his prediction, I would say this guy has absolutely no idea what WSU has done at any point this season. I think I have a better idea about ASU than he does about us, and I do not earn a dime covering sports. It is interesting to see basically the same things stated by opponent bloggers no matter what team you talk to. The only one I can think that did not say the same basic things, i.e. "we will be able to run, they wont be able to pass" has been OSU.

His final answer is awesome!
PLEASE tell me his isn't a paid position?

"8. Final score prediction and why?

The fact that Washington State's run defense may be the weakest unit on this Cougar squad, and ASU is coming off a 343-yard rushing output against one of the best run defenses in the league in Oregon, should in theory have ASU control the tempo and keep Falk and crew off the field for longer periods. While the Washington State pass defense is improved over last year, I feel that the Bercovici and his receivers, inconsistencies aside, are also coming into this game with a lot of confidence after an explosive performance last week.

On the other side of the ball, the way ASU's front seven has played all year it should slow down Washington State's explosive passing game while making their offense one-dimensional with their stout run defense. The fact that the Sun Devils are facing a much less mobile quarterback than weeks past should help an aggressive nature unit.

The last three meetings have been one-sided in ASU's favor but this contest will be much closer. Nonetheless, I feel the result will be the same, as I predict ASU to win 41-32."

YEah, it is sort of a "Well, we are not very good, but we are not the Cougs and you are....so I say we win by 10 even though you are favored..."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT