ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State athletic director Q&A

Dave_86

Recruit
Oct 8, 2023
Sorry I don't have a Pat Chun Q&A for you. I thought that by sharing an OSU Q&A done a day or two ago would give you some idea of what's going on with the PAC-2.

Scott Barnes interview... words were spoken

Wish I had something on George Kliavkoff, like why hasn't he been fired yet, but don't have it.

would you mind a TL:DR? Or more precisely a TR:BP (tried to read, behind paywall.)
Oh, crum. Sorry about that. I don't have a subscription, and I was able to read it. Also, after I created the post I tested the link and it worked.

Any chance clearing all your cookies would enable you to access the website? I would be delighted to copy and paste the entire thing for you, but I don't want to have any problems (it's copyrighted).

A twitter link

An instagram link (edit: scratch this - dated last August)

One last idea: try a different computer or a different smart phone to access the interview. I'll got this far to doing a copy & past:

Q: Sounds like the end of January is pretty big for a lot of things.

Barnes: It’s our next step. We talked about by Christmas having everything we wanted done, done. We hit the mark and now we’re putting those dates and continue to accelerate those conversations and have finality in some of our other sports.

Last edited:
Glad you found the MSN link. Been too busy today to type up a summary. Hopefully Cougar fans find the info about the WCC a little bit useful, as well as the bowl game info for next season.

He "respects their decision"?

Dafuq you say?

I would get "understand" or even "empathize", but respect? Nothing the traitorous 10 did was respectful.

I know we all started drooling when the big UW expose came out, but Kal and Furd might be even worse after posturing (did they even state it?) like they were going to stick around and then did their back door deal.

Dafuq you say?

I would get "understand" or even "empathize", but respect? Nothing the traitorous 10 did was respectful.

I know we all started drooling when the big UW expose came out, but Kal and Furd might be even worse after posturing (did they even state it?) like they were going to stick around and then did their back door deal.
I don’t fault Cal & Stanford that much. At that point it didn’t seem there was much path forward for the PAC, and they weren’t interested in MWC. Their leaving wasn’t really a surprise. But they left for peanuts - their shares may end up being less than what we’ll have in 2026.

Dafuq you say?

I get the anger and angst at the traitorous 10 because they are a bunch of scumbags. All bullsh!t aside though, if the Big 12 had came calling and said, "Hey WSU, we want you along with the four corner schools because of your TV ratings but we aren't interested in OSU".....we would have bailed on Oregon State in a heartbeat.

Dafuq you say?

"Respects their decision." I am sure that is his public statement and always will be, it's being political, I am sure personally he's pissed off at all of them. In the long run you are going to have to deal with some of these schools again if you have any chance of restructuring the pac 12. UW and Oregon are gone in football, but the travel will eat up the other programs, so a pac 12 for all other sports might be possible someday. Stanford at this point will not affiliate with any "state school" in CA, but they may change their mind on that after traveling 3000 plus miles for every road game. A lot will happen over the next 2 years, burning bridges only closes doors, at this point WSU and OSU need to keep as many options open as possible. Who knows where this all ends up, but I don't see Cal and Stanford lasting long in the ACC, the travel will be brutal. If FSU, Miami and others leave the ACC, the ACC and Big 12 could combine form their own super league, the population of Washington State and Oregon is still attractive to a national division and maybe WSU and Oregon fall into that. 30+ teams with 4 divisions, there could be a pac 8 division.

The SEC and Big 10 are going to try to dominate college football, on the field and over TV ratings. The one way to counter that is with a another league that comprises the rest of the country, so an ACC/Big 12 alliance of some sort makes sense, and they need more of a West Coast presence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 425cougfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT