ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Moos

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
TE, has decided to blaze his own trail and he is heading to Utah, rather than become a Coug. Can't blame him. We don't utilize TE's and I can see wanting to go out on his own. Good luck to Ben, except when you play WSU!

Reactions: earldacoug
TE, has decided to blaze his own trail and he is heading to Utah, rather than become a Coug. Can't blame him. We don't utilize TE's and I can see wanting to go out on his own. Good luck to Ben, except when you play WSU!

I don't recall Utah using their tight end much though.

Too bad. I understand why he'd want to blaze his own trail.

Could be wrong but I don't think any of Moos' kids have been an athlete at WSU or even Oregon for that matter. The 2 (and 3 with Ben Moos) all seemed to venture outside of the 'home territory'. I didn't think WSU was a good fit but a little surprised he ended up at Utah. I wonder if Erickson was a factor?

Best of luck to him.

Could be wrong but I don't think any of Moos' kids have been an athlete at WSU or even Oregon for that matter. The 2 (and 3 with Ben Moos) all seemed to venture outside of the 'home territory'. I didn't think WSU was a good fit but a little surprised he ended up at Utah. I wonder if Erickson was a factor?

Best of luck to him.

Ben to Utah. The other son, Bo (?) went to ASU. Daughter went to UW, but can't remember what sport she played. Some will look at that and ask, "why no WSU?", but I look at it and think it's pretty darn impressive that 1) he has 3 kids who all got Pac12 athletic scholarships, and 2) each one followed their own path. That's pretty darn cool.

And someone posted on another site that Erickson is close with the family. Recruited the older son initially while he was at Idaho, then to ASU when he got that gig.

His natural position is TE. If he had stayed in Pullman,he would have had some fans saying he was only playing because..., Better for the young man to go where he can make it on his own.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Ben to Utah. The other son, Bo (?) went to ASU. Daughter went to UW, but can't remember what sport she played. Some will look at that and ask, "why no WSU?", but I look at it and think it's pretty darn impressive that 1) he has 3 kids who all got Pac12 athletic scholarships, and 2) each one followed their own path. That's pretty darn cool.

And someone posted on another site that Erickson is close with the family. Recruited the older son initially while he was at Idaho, then to ASU when he got that gig.
I thought one of his daughter's also went to ASU for basketball? She was a pretty good post player as I remember.

the kind of player that could go over the middle....I think properly used TEs are the most difficult weapon to defend on a consistent basis

Sending a child to the uw is a complete and utter failure as a parent.

As I recall we where pretty damn excited to get Bledsoes' son.
The "Blaze you own trail" is great when the offspring picks another school.

Bledsoe would not be around or in the position ,Moos is as the AD. Also TE is not a feature of the Air Raid.Moos,his,son,made a good decision.If Bledsoe was the AD then it may have been somewhat similiar

Bledsoe would not be around or in the position ,Moos is as the AD. Also TE is not a feature of the Air Raid.Moos,his,son,made a good decision.If Bledsoe was the AD then it may have been somewhat similiar

If that is your logic, then why even offer him. He is a recruit we lost out on and that pisses me off

I'm not really sure why we don't have two or three tight ends on the roster at any given time. Leach's offense is a modified version of what Lavell Edwards did at BYU, who certainly used them, and at Kentucky and Oklahoma they sure saw the field. It was only at Texas Tech that they faded from view. I think having a couple on the roster would help with special teams bodies, short yardage, and add a little extra flexibility to the offense, but I'm just an armchair coordinator.

I'm not really sure why we don't have two or three tight ends on the roster at any given time. Leach's offense is a modified version of what Lavell Edwards did at BYU, who certainly used them, and at Kentucky and Oklahoma they sure saw the field. It was only at Texas Tech that they faded from view. I think having a couple on the roster would help with special teams bodies, short yardage, and add a little extra flexibility to the offense, but I'm just an armchair coordinator.

Wasn't this the second best scoring offense in WSU history? Yes, not having a TE has been a problem. We would rather have offenses with TE's like 1994.

Not recruiting TE's allows the team to recruit extra lineman. That helps ensure better odds that WSU does have five good lineman at all times.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
As I recall we where pretty damn excited to get Bledsoes' son.
The "Blaze you own trail" is great when the offspring picks another school.

My comment about his kids following their own path was made as a father of two, not as a Coug football fan.

The most egregious case of nepotism in WSU athletics came when Paul Graham was head basketball coach and gave a full ride scholarship to his son, Nick....who probably wasn't good enough to play for Whitworth let alone a Pac-10 (at the time) school. On the other hand, as bad of a coach Graham was, his son might have been considered one of his better recruits.

Glad Cougar

The most egregious case of nepotism in WSU athletics came when Paul Graham was head basketball coach and gave a full ride scholarship to his son, Nick....who probably wasn't good enough to play for Whitworth let alone a Pac-10 (at the time) school. On the other hand, as bad of a coach Graham was, his son might have been considered one of his better recruits.

Glad Cougar

JT Levenseller getting recruited and allowed to play QB was pretty bad too.

Were Mike Leach and his coaches pushing hard to gain a commitment from Ben Moos, considering his apparent preference for playing tight end on the next level?

Or was this more of a courtesy offer, which is understandable all things considered?

If CML had a son who was the nation's top option quarterback prospect and was dead-set on taking snaps in college, it would make much sense for WSU to seriously recruit the kid.

Were Mike Leach and his coaches pushing hard to gain a commitment from Ben Moos, considering his apparent preference for playing tight end on the next level?

Or was this more of a courtesy offer, which is understandable all things considered?

If CML had a son who was the nation's top option quarterback prospect and was dead-set on taking snaps in college, it would make much sense for WSU to seriously recruit the kid.

It wasn't just a courtesy offer (he's a good prospect, and they could have used him at DE or, should he have stuck at TE, in the same way they talked about with the inherited Andrei Lintz before he got hurt), but it's also not a big issue for WSU to have him go to a program that uses TEs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT