ADVERTISEMENT

Borghi Article

Very long and a great read. The clip of him hurdling the guy in HS is classic.

And I had no idea he tore his ACL in HS. Or that he originally comitted to Colorado. What fools they were for not staying on him. Or that his given name was Massi......oh go read the article.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2004/dec/21/a-leader-emerges-for-cougars/
You linked an article from 2004. About the women's basketball team. Nice and all... Not really timely, though. Good to see you're working on your WSU history, though.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
You linked an article from 2004. About the women's basketball team. Nice and all... Not really timely, though. Good to see you're working on your WSU history, though.

Oops - fixed the link. The 2004 Women's article was meant for a discussion on the Hoops board. :oops:

Love watching Borghi play.

He's going to be jacked up for this game.

We are fortunate to have two really good running backs. I wouldnt mind to see Borghi get more involved as a punt returner. Kid is special.

We are fortunate to have two really good running backs. I wouldnt mind to see Borghi get more involved as a punt returner. Kid is special.
Yeah Borghi needs the rock. Find ways to get it to him. Also give me Borghi on third and 4th and short and if they don’t stack the box, let him mash. Nobody can stand that guy up one on one. He’s going to get forward lean.

And I had no idea he tore his ACL in HS. Or that he originally comitted to Colorado. What fools they were for not staying on him. Or that his given name was Massi......oh go read the article.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/09/washington-state-running-back-max-borghi-returns-t/

Good article.

On a related note the SR has had very good coverage of the Cougs this year. Keep on clicking.

I knew Borghi was s one time Colorado commit, looked hard at Stanford, but I did not know he had ACL surgery. Great article, I loved the youth football history re Borghi.

Excellent article. Sounds like McIntyre and the Buffs took it for granted that Borghi was theirs and didn't really stay in contact while Leach called every day. I think Max's decision to stick with WSU when Stanford was heavy on him was one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises in Cougar recruiting history. It may signal that our recruits will no longer be poached by so-called better programs because they are no longer better programs!

Glad Cougar

Reactions: earldacoug
I knew Borghi was s one time Colorado commit, looked hard at Stanford, but I did not know he had ACL surgery. Great article, I loved the youth football history re Borghi.

Not sure if others on here remember, but James Williams tore his ACL and MCL the beginning of this senior season in HS.

Both are tough kids.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/09/washington-state-running-back-max-borghi-returns-t/
Thanks, Loyal. Really nice article. Got a kick out of the photo of him playing youth ball with a helmet twice as big as his head.

This is why MacIntyre will be fired after this season. It shows a negligent lack of recruiting understanding to have that kid in your lap and eff it up due to lack of effort.

Also, as if we needed another reason to pull for Max, he can knock the disgraceful Deon Burnett out of our record book with 4 more TDs this season.

This is why MacIntyre will be fired after this season. It shows a negligent lack of recruiting understanding to have that kid in your lap and eff it up due to lack of effort.

Also, as if we needed another reason to pull for Max, he can knock the disgraceful Deon Burnett out of our record book with 4 more TDs this season.
Yeah, I don't see Borghi changing into his street clothes at halftime of the Apple Cup and walk out on his team.

I’m dying to see him break a long run and get into a foot race. For how powerful he is he has impressive straight away speed, and we haven’t seen him hit top gear yet. Hopefully he finds a crack today and houses a long one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT