ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News. Foles to Chicago Bears...

They just freed up a ton of cap space so they may not blow for long.
A good draft goes a long ways. They need to rebuild the Oline. They do that and lots of solid weapons for GM to work with. Considering what he did last year behind a Swiss cheese Oline will be really fun to watch if they can even get that unit to average. Considering the cap space it should not be hard to do.

Reactions: 79COUG
Am I right that all the Jags got in the trade was a 4th round pick, plus the big salary cap change?

If they use the money well, they should be able to pick up a handful of decent supporting cast folks. They certainly need them. They could also work some draft choice trades. Either way, the Jags are probably at least 7 or 8 players short of a quality starting 22 on O + D. Get 3 or 4 good draft kids, add another 3 or 4 others via money, and you are most of the way there. I hope they make better decisions than they made in several previous years.

Am I right that all the Jags got in the trade was a 4th round pick, plus the big salary cap change?

If they use the money well, they should be able to pick up a handful of decent supporting cast folks. They certainly need them. They could also work some draft choice trades. Either way, the Jags are probably at least 7 or 8 players short of a quality starting 22 on O + D. Get 3 or 4 good draft kids, add another 3 or 4 others via money, and you are most of the way there. I hope they make better decisions than they made in several previous years.
Yes, and it’s a compensatory pick so it may as well be a 5th rounder. It only clears $3 million in cap space this year, but gives them $27 million next year.
Jags now have 12 draft picks: #9, #20, a 2nd, 3rd, 3 in the 4th, 2 each in the 5th & 6th, and a 7th. They have barely $16 million in cap space, so I’d bet they’re not done trading. They do have the opportunity to start building, but can’t afford mega-stars. In their position I’d look for some value trades right now, and maybe trade some picks this year for next...when there’s more money to play with.

Foles was, is worth at least a 2nd, 3rd round pick.

A 4th round compensatory pick is a RIP OFF.

Only way a 4th round compensatory pick, would be fair, would be if got 2,3,4 such picks for Foles.

When Ken Griffey Jr was traded from Seattle, to Cincinatti, Seattle got 3 minor league prospects, and a draft pick.

Many in Seattle felt that was a RIP OFF.

3 minor league prospects, plus a draft pick, is about, worth about, equivalent to about 4 compensatory NFL 3,4,5th round draft picks.

If Griffey Jr got 4 NFL draft picks in value, and that was considered a RIP OFF, then Foles should have at least gotten 2,3, 2,3,4,5 round draft picks.

To only get a compensatory 4th round pick, was, is a utter, complete RIP OFF.

Jags had better do better then that RIP OFF crap, because if they dont, they would either remain just as bad, an or maybe even worse.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT