ADVERTISEMENT

Can we go 8-0?

While I Understand his position, my problem is that so far I'm not entirely convinced that we deserve our ranking either. Our schedule isn't as soft as UW's, but our best win is against a USC team that was disappointing even before it lost most of its OL. Our O has been just good enough, and still has a maddening tendency to play down to the competition, with WRs who forget to catch the ball, and a highly touted, veteran OL that can't consistently open running lanes and a few times per game can't keep a 3 man rush off the QB for more than 3 seconds.

I love being 6-0, but I'm not ready to guzzle the kool-aid. I'm just going to sip until I know there's enough to last the season.

So, somebody else that hasn’t played anybody or lost to the only somebody they played deserves it more?

While I Understand his position, my problem is that so far I'm not entirely convinced that we deserve our ranking either. Our schedule isn't as soft as UW's, but our best win is against a USC team that was disappointing even before it lost most of its OL. Our O has been just good enough, and still has a maddening tendency to play down to the competition, with WRs who forget to catch the ball, and a highly touted, veteran OL that can't consistently open running lanes and a few times per game can't keep a 3 man rush off the QB for more than 3 seconds.

I love being 6-0, but I'm not ready to guzzle the kool-aid. I'm just going to sip until I know there's enough to last the season.

WSU's offense is the 19th highest scoring offense in the country. You are looking at WSU with too critical of an eye. All teams have problems, but you are only seeing the negative plays that WSU has and ignoring that other good teams have periods of bad play as well.

T

they certainly deserve their ranking, but they have not played a team with a decent defense or a decent QB. This speed D has the chops to make Browning wet himself which he does routinely against good defense's. Not sure how confident I am of our offense putting together TD drives against their D though. It's so weird to say that!
I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. CML is 0-3 against Chris Petersen and we have never come within 2 scores of them during his tenure despite playing 2 of 3 contests in Pullman with better-than-average WSU teams. Just hoping we get to the AC unscathed, for all the marbles, and can surprise them.

Reactions: 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT