ADVERTISEMENT

Chau…

Coug90

Hall Of Fame
Jan 17, 2012
Playing in senior bowl so he’s done. Curious if he’s sitting out as a business decision, sounds like he may have been healthy and hasn’t played (speculation?). Sure hope he can go against UW we certainly need him. If not, wish him the best at the next level, he’s a talented corner.

This is getting downright stupid.

There need to be clawback provisions in scholarship documents. All college sports has become is a means to get some game film for the scouts.

Shocked players like Caleb Williams haven’t shut down for the year - but perhaps the business guys who drafted his NIL contracts are a little brighter than the NCAA/university dimwits.

Playing in senior bowl so he’s done. Curious if he’s sitting out as a business decision, sounds like he may have been healthy and hasn’t played (speculation?). Sure hope he can go against UW we certainly need him. If not, wish him the best at the next level, he’s a talented corner.
what did I miss? why does playing in the senior bowl mean he's no longer suiting up for the rest of the year?

what did I miss? why does playing in the senior bowl mean he's no longer suiting up for the rest of the year?
when I said done I meant last year in college. You play in the Senior Bowl you are declaring to go pro…forgoing whatever eligibility you have left. It’s only speculation on his health, it sounded like he was close to being ready a couple weeks ago and we still haven’t seen him, now we know he’s going pro. If we made a bowl my expectation would be he’d sit it out as that seems to be the norm for NFL prospects on teams headed to lower level bowls. If you are not 100% and worried about reagrivating something ahead of Sr bowl and draft prep, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a guy make a business decision and not play at the end of the season too. I have no idea either way just thinking out loud.

Can you stop? He out, at this point it doesn't matter if he's jaking or not, it is what it is.
Stop what. I’ve never heard of a kid getting hurt in a walkthrough. That’s all I meant by it…have you? I wasn’t implying anything. I’m 100% in belief he legitimately got hurt. I split my head open running into one of my teammates in a soccer practice back in high school. Freak shit happens. Stop being so damn sensitive and reading into stuff that isn’t there.

Stop what. I’ve never heard of a kid getting hurt in a walkthrough. That’s all I meant by it…have you? I wasn’t implying anything. I’m 100% in belief he legitimately got hurt. I split my head open running into one of my teammates in a soccer practice back in high school. Freak shit happens. Stop being so damn sensitive and reading into stuff that isn’t there.
It’s a long time ago so bear with me.

But I seem to remember Jack Thompson hurting his knee during the pregame practice at Albi stadium before the first game of that season (Kansas?). I think it was his frosh year and caused him to miss playing at any level that year?

Maybe not the exact same thing as “walkthrough” but pretty close.

But that was a long time ago and I may be “misremembering“?

It’s a long time ago so bear with me.

But I seem to remember Jack Thompson hurting his knee during the pregame practice at Albi stadium before the first game of that season (Kansas?). I think it was his frosh year and caused him to miss playing at any level that year?

Maybe not the exact same thing as “walkthrough” but pretty close.

But that was a long time ago and I may be “misremembering“?
Yeah anything can happen at any time. Walkthrus nowadays are literally that. They walk through certain plays, looks, etc. it’s 98% last minute mental prep. Get a feel for the field, stadium, surroundings. Terrible luck to get hurt during that, but a stray football could hit you in the head, who the hell knows. I also almost impaled myself on my boat propeller tripping over the cooler walking through my garage a couple months ago. No alcohol involved just dumb luck. I have an 8” scar on my side now to remind me how close I was to my guts being on the garage floor. Life happens.

you 1000% were implying something, so just own it.

Reactions: etowncoug
you 1000% were implying something, so just own it.
No I wasn’t. At all. You made your own interpretation of a benign observation. Never questioned whether he was hurt, only question was if he wasn’t going to play with an injury the last couple of weeks because of a decision he has made about his future. Which in today’s college football isn’t a shocking thought. Here…just for you:

Damn. Never heard of that in a walk thru.

Bleed, what is wrong with this post?

I was going to post the same thing. Never heard of that in a walk through. Not sure why you are triggered by this.

I am reminded of the 911 is a joke video when Flavor Flav is taking a leisurely stroll down the street...and all of a sudden his neck breaks.

I mean, I guess it can happen.

Certainly a strange injury...and coupled with Victor getting hurt while holding on a PAT its just a little strange

Last edited:
Reactions: Coug90
No I wasn’t. At all. You made your own interpretation of a benign observation. Never questioned whether he was hurt, only question was if he wasn’t going to play with an injury the last couple of weeks because of a decision he has made about his future. Which in today’s college football isn’t a shocking thought. Here…just for you:

Office Space = +7 on funny points

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT