ADVERTISEMENT

Cluff to S Dakota State?!

Wow, that seems to say a lot about WSU's current stature. Nothing against South Dakota State, it's a good program. But when the Cougars were a Pac-12 school, you would expect the talent flow to go the other way, from Brookings to Pullman. I wonder if Cluff would have stayed had Henderson been hired as WSU's coach.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: LeachPack
Wow, that seems to say a lot about WSU's current stature. Nothing against South Dakota State, it's a good program. But when the Cougars were a Pac-12 school, you would expect the talent flow to go the other way, from Brookings to Pullman. I wonder if Cluff would have stayed had Henderson been hired as WSU's coach.

Glad Cougar
Probably. But Cluff really does not fit what Riley wants to do. So, SDSU is a good landing spot for him.

Probably. But Cluff really does not fit what Riley wants to do. So, SDSU is a good landing spot for him.
Agree. My first thought was he probably sticks if Henderson was hired. With Riley's 5-out it was likely difficult to see where the fit was with his skillset. Probably the same for Chinyelu.
Also, TJ Bamba has also entered the portal once again.
This does not surprise me. I watched parts of a number of Villanova games. He didn't seem like a focal point of what they were doing and I don't think he (or 'Nova) exactly met expectations.

His scoring was down nearly 50% y/y and had a tough year. Didn't grow at all.

FWIW, Henderson at SDSU runs a similar perimeter offense to Riley & EWU. Jackrabbits were 63rd in the nation in 3-pointers made while EWU was 67th. For reference, the Cougars last year ranked 278th.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT