ADVERTISEMENT

College Gameday is coming to brookings

Husker9300

Recruit
Aug 6, 2019
this is so awesome thought you guys might like this sense i see so many similarities between SDSU and Washington state. for one SDSU is in a small farm town in the middle of nowhere kinda like Pullman (no disrespect i actually prefer small towns). and also no disrespect but you guys arent winning winning your biggest rivalry game against Washington like SDSU. and also SDSU has to deal with there biggest rival winning all the time and getting the spot light kinda how Washington state is little brother to Washington well the same for SDSU. i live couple hours away and might attend. thoughts???

this is so awesome thought you guys might like this sense i see so many similarities between SDSU and Washington state. for one SDSU is in a small farm town in the middle of nowhere kinda like Pullman (no disrespect i actually prefer small towns). and also no disrespect but you guys arent winning winning your biggest rivalry game against Washington like SDSU. and also SDSU has to deal with there biggest rival winning all the time and getting the spot light kinda how Washington state is little brother to Washington well the same for SDSU. i live couple hours away and might attend. thoughts???
That’s awesome, no offense taken with that, the uniqueness of Pullman and the fact that it’s far away from everything is source of pride

if you can go I would. I was unable to go when it was in Pullman as I was coaching my daughters soccer team in Seattle and couldn’t do it. Any time anyone talks about it, still bums me out I had to miss it. Went to the one at UW where they were threatening to take the Coug flag and it was a cool experience...and that’s saying something considering was surrounded by thousands of D-bags.

if you go, find the Coug flag and ask to wave it...post a pic here!

That’s awesome, no offense taken with that, the uniqueness of Pullman and the fact that it’s far away from everything is source of pride

if you can go I would. I was unable to go when it was in Pullman as I was coaching my daughters soccer team in Seattle and couldn’t do it. Any time anyone talks about it, still bums me out I had to miss it. Went to the one at UW where they were threatening to take the Coug flag and it was a cool experience...and that’s saying something considering was surrounded by thousands of D-bags.

if you go, find the Coug flag and ask to wave it...post a pic here!
i might go but worried about all the insufferable NDSU fans and the "muh 7 national championships" and "yall only got this cuz of ndsu lol" ndsu duh best" and many other forms of retardation. if I do go i will take a pic of the wazzu flag that'd be funny or mabye if im lucky and leave on friday and get there early in the morning could wave it myself.

I'm a WSU fan/alum and live less than 2 hours from Brookings SD....might be fun to be a part of a GameDay experience, especially since I wasn't able to be in Pullman last year. It's a huge deal here in South Dakota, one of the lead stories in the local news broadcasts out of Sioux Falls (not relegated to the sports segment) and it could do for SDSU what GameDay did for WSU last year. Jackrabbits are very good this year, should've beaten undefeated Minnesota. Having said that, NDSU has every right to boast. 7 national championships in the last 8 years has earned them the right. I don't mind the Bison, I actually respect how they've been able to stay good all these years despite having their previous 2 head coaches move on to FBS jobs. Should be a good game....and I have no doubt SDSU and NDSU will go far in the FCS playoffs, like they usually do.

There are some good parallels between WSU and SDSU.....small towns, ag schools, etc....but having been to both Pullman and Brookings, I would say Pullman feels more remote yet is much bigger (as is the university) than Brookings/SDSU.

Husker9300...do you live in SD or in Nebraska?

Glad Cougar

I'm a WSU fan/alum and live less than 2 hours from Brookings SD....might be fun to be a part of a GameDay experience, especially since I wasn't able to be in Pullman last year. It's a huge deal here in South Dakota, one of the lead stories in the local news broadcasts out of Sioux Falls (not relegated to the sports segment) and it could do for SDSU what GameDay did for WSU last year. Jackrabbits are very good this year, should've beaten undefeated Minnesota. Having said that, NDSU has every right to boast. 7 national championships in the last 8 years has earned them the right. I don't mind the Bison, I actually respect how they've been able to stay good all these years despite having their previous 2 head coaches move on to FBS jobs. Should be a good game....and I have no doubt SDSU and NDSU will go far in the FCS playoffs, like they usually do.

There are some good parallels between WSU and SDSU.....small towns, ag schools, etc....but having been to both Pullman and Brookings, I would say Pullman feels more remote yet is much bigger (as is the university) than Brookings/SDSU.

Glad Cougar
yep in Sioux falls

Glad Cougar
i actually do follow the jacks and root for them so I know quite a bit about them just cause of the news and stuff.

I'd like to see SDSU pull it off. A lot of built up angst there. About due to make it happen.

I can't get too excited about South Dakota State. A former co-worker of mine was an SDSU grad and a Husker fan in the era when being a Husker fan meant that you were an arrogant dick that thought saying, "Hey, your team played well considering their sh!tty history" made you a "classy fan". (No offense intended to our Cornhusker friend who started the thread). This was long enough ago that NDSU hadn't become a thing and he was always super insecure about USD and was a little too gungho in his support of his Jackrabbits....and Cornhuskers.

Good for SDSU to get the chance to host College Gameday though and I'm glad to see that ESPN is starting to really embrace the idea that covering college football from a non-traditional location only makes their show better.

Last edited:
I can't get too excited about South Dakota State. A former co-worker of mine was an SDSU grad and a Husker fan in the era when being a Husker fan meant that you were an arrogant dick that thought saying, "Hey, your team played well considering their sh!tty history" made you a "classy fan". (No offense intended to our Cornhusker friend who started the thread). This was long enough ago that NDSU hadn't become a thing and he was always super insecure about USD and was a little too gungho in his support of his Jackrabbits....and Cornhuskers.

Good for SDSU to get the chance to host College Gameday though and I'm glad to see that ESPN is starting to really embrace the idea that covering college football from a non-traditional location only makes their show better.
sorry this comment made me laugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT