ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado...the trappiest of trap games...

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
I sure hope the staff keeps the guys focused this week.
This game has "laying an egg" written all over it.

I sure hope the staff keeps the guys focused this week.
This game has "laying an egg" written all over it.
I have faith this staff is up to the challenge. Since the bye week we have come out charged up every single game. I think player motivation, individually, is as high as its been since the early 2000's.

I posted the same thing last week. If there's one universal truth on message boards, it's that fans are great at predicting that upcoming opponents might be overlooking us or that it's a trap game for THEM, but when the shoe is on the other foot, no way would WE suffer a letdown or come out flat vs. an inferior opponent. That only happens to other teams.

Home vs. Colorado....Facing their backup QB...Coming off a huge win vs. UCLA...Playing as heavy favorites....No chance of a letdown. :cool:

It's the crazy season in college football. All teams, including us, should beware. Sincerely....

Utah vs. Arizona
USC vs. Colorado
Clemson vs. Syracuse
TCU vs. Kansas
Michigan vs. Indiana
Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

Reactions: 79COUG
The week leading up to the game, everyone SWORE this would happen in the Beaver game. And the ASU game. The favorites, the home game, the letdown... word for word.

Then the games happened, and not so much.

We had our letdown week in week 1.

Problem we'll have this week is that Colorado lost Liufau for the season, so we now have almost nothing on their starting QB for game prep.

Considering the difficulty we've had all year covering the QB on the run, I hope CU's new guy is like that big inflatable mascot the Shriners bring to Pullman every year.

Reactions: random soul
The week leading up to the game, everyone SWORE this would happen in the Beaver game. And the ASU game. The favorites, the home game, the letdown... word for word.

I hear you wulffi. The Colorado team is much better than their record shows.

I have faith this staff is up to the challenge. Since the bye week we have come out charged up every single game. I think player motivation, individually, is as high as its been since the early 2000's.
I agree, this staff will have them ready to plaY, colorado gets a whipping

Speak for yourself. ;)

Speak for yourself. ;)

I don't think the kids let this get in their heads..... they know they have to fight for what they get..... I don't see them disrespecting Colorado. They have been Colorado and haven't forgotten where they came from. It's called class. Bring your lunch pails Cougs and go to work!

Reactions: 79COUG
I don't think that trap games can be avoided. Obviously the coaches and players are going to be motivated at practice this week. They're going to take the field excited to play. Sometimes though, you just aren't as "up" for certain games.

This is the classic trap game. On the heels of a huge win, and right in front of the Apple Cup. It's going to be very cold, possibly rainy/snowy, with an empty student section. Players are students, and this time of the year, they're thinking about Thanksgiving break and the Apple Cup, not Colorado. That's my concern. Not really sure how you coach that out of them.

One never knows...these ARE 18-22 year old kids at the end of the day...

Don't believe CO can qualify for a Bowl Game even if they were to beat Cougs and Utes... they needed to win 7 gms with their 13 gm schedule (due to their lower division opponents/wins)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT