ADVERTISEMENT

***Colorado @ WSU - Game Thread***

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
Cougs favored by -9.5 at home. We'll be lucky to make it to halftime here on the eastcoast, given another ~11 PM ET kick.

GO COUGARS, find the Crimzone

Easy 15 yard run passed up there with and 3rd and 10. Let's take a 5 yard sack instead.

Is the game on yet? I'm only seeing Penn St/Michigan
I'm watching live on ESPN

After some early success running Morrow, Falk throws a pointless dart into the chest of (?) and it's almost a 50-50 ball. Then he throws one long to be batted away. Then he takes a sack. Then Sweet punts a dribbler.

At least defense is opening strong again. Already 3rd and 10 with CU trying to play tempo.

Defense stepping up tonight. Put your big boy pants on Falk and manage this offense!

Defense is once again on point to start the game. Offense seemingly phoning it in as a continuation of @Cal, but it's only been one drive apiece so we'll see.

Cougs with great field position to start Drive #2. Let's see what the O can swing.

Good no-call on the running-into-the-kicker. That guy was going down whether he got touched or not. Nice flop, but this isn't Italy.

We are snakebitten. Defense once again does yeoman's work only to have the offense cough it up. Can't win for losing.

So the defense forced a 3-and-out, the O coughs it up after turning in a turd (save for Morrow) on the first drive, then the D has the ball back for us 30 seconds later.

It's why I don't really blame the defense for the Cal result. You can't turn the ball over 7 times on offense and still blame the D.

Same shit different day. Defense gonna have to win another one for us. Sigh

Pathetic drive. If we're keeping score, 2 exemplary drives by the defense and 3 steamers by the offense.

And a high snap has Sweet high-jumping for the ball for a decent kick - which nevertheless gives CU the ball at midfield. How long the defense play the game by themselves?

Colorado's uptempo offense is not doing them any favors. Our uptempo defense is. Great work once again.

Let's see how Luke sees fit to repay them.

Pathetic drive. If we're keeping score, 2 exemplary drives by the defense and 3 steamers by the offense.

And a high snap has Sweet high-jumping for the ball for a decent kick - which nevertheless gives CU the ball at midfield. How long the defense play the game by themselves?
How many times do you let your ship sink before you decide a new captain is needed. This isn't working.

Run until they can stop you. It's been nothing but 7+ yard gains on the ground, no matter who's carrying.... run blocking has been sensational.

As I say that, another fumble. Not sure what kind of voodoo curse has been put on us to have fumbled or been intercepted 9 times in the last 5 quarters of play

And Luke very nearly throws another INT, closing on 10 turnovers in 5 quarters. As they say, Luke is 3/9 for 11 yards and CU gets the ball on the right side of their own 30.

Now they throw kick catch interference. I think that's the latest KCI I've ever seen. Almost went to a commercial and back... CU gets the ball near midfield once again. Feeling like Cal all over again.

And Luke very nearly throws another INT, closing on 10 turnovers in 5 quarters. As they say, Luke is 3/9 for 11 yards and CU gets the ball on the right side of their own 30.
He is dreadful. Not an NFL QB by any stretch

Wherever they mark this ball, I'm not sure what CU thinks they see in this uptempo offense. They end up getting the 4th but they've had nothing but chances, thanks to our offense, but are generally shooting blanks.

rush 3, drop 8
Falk =

Not looking good so far.
Colorado has the best player in Lindsay at RB
Bad weather for passing
Montez can run as well

Also Colorado has not turned over ball for 3 1/2 games.
It would be better if it was snowing.

Watching the Kirk Herbstreit Hulu ads. That guy's face has gone from rectangle to oval to circle. Guy's not even old enough to have pulled the face ripcord yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT