ADVERTISEMENT

Cuonzo Martin recruiting

jourdand

Hall Of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Cuonzo Martin has put the finishing touches on an amazing recruiting class with the addition of Jaylen Brown. That class has got to be one of the top ranked classes in CAL history. Two of the top players in the country both 5 star players and two highly regarded 3 star players, ouch!

Yes he has done an amazing job of recruiting He has always been a very good recruiter. The knock on Martin is that his teams do not play up to their ability. If the cougs play Cal twice this season,there will be a split of the games. I am not sure of the schedule next season is why i say "if".

It looks like he is not yet done. Caleb "Big Sauce" Swanigan has decommitted from Michigan State. It looks like he may end up at Cal. He is a five star 6'8-255 pd center.It is now between Cal and Purdue. I d bet on Cal on this one.

Well it now appears that i would lose any bet. Swanigan is rumored to be going to Purdue.His guardian is a Purdue graduate and wants him to attend there. Evidently the guy will not be allowed to go to his college of choice.He wanted Cal ,but it looks like Martin comes up short on this one. The wacky world of college basketball recruiting.Kent will have one less reason to worry about playing Cal.

After watching films of Swanigan,i cannot see where he is a 5 star center. He actually plays like a smaller Conor Clifford except that he is 6'8 -255 pds. It shows how crazy recruiting has become.It is rumored that the Purdue coach promised to play him at the four and give him 30 minutes per game He wants to prepare himself for the NBA. If true ,his team will suffer. He is a bruising HS center.He is not a one and done player and is a 6'8 255 pd center. He is in for some surprises when he hits D 1 ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT