ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Isom & Trey Davis dismissed

Fab5Coug

Hall Of Fame
Nov 10, 2007
Violation of team rules.

This season has really slowly spiraled into a cluster f.

Shades of early Leach years.

Violation of team rules.

A lots happened for Davis in last 11 months. Maybe Davis’ issues in LA weren’t on the field .

Good news is we’re so deep in the secondary that we can easily absorb the loss.

Well, on a serious note, I do want to see Ross and Nunn playing and hopefully taking their lumps now.

Violation of team rules.

Smoking weed, stealing and hitting a woman . Those are the three that if my memory serves me are automatics that get a player booted .

Reactions: walzuu
Pretty sure it was Isom who, asked by a reporter at fall camp, "what has Leach shown you," answered: "Nothing," and walked away from the interview.

I thought, Oh, boy, that's not gonna work out well.

It's funny, I was just thinking we hadn't had a guy kicked off the team for team rules recently (or probably I'm just forgetting). Amazing how once a team starts losing, the players start to ignore the coaches.
Eh I think the losing is a symptom of a bigger problem that includes this shit. This team badly needs a Jeremiah Allison/Gabe Marks/Pelleur/Minshew. Who’s gonna step up and be a leader?

If there is no leadership from the players, it needs to come from somewhere. Any ideas on who???

Attitude reflects leadership.

If there is no leadership from the players, it needs to come from somewhere. Any ideas on who???

Attitude reflects leadership.

Sometimes you recruit the wrong kid and needs to go to the Wizard of Oz to give them what they need...

I think Leach has a pretty decent track record of getting kids that are winners.

Last edited:
Smoking weed, stealing and hitting a woman . Those are the three that if my memory serves me are automatics that get a player booted .

It doesn't sound like it was the first three reasons...maybe the old buy in or leave slogan is the reason....they were promoted to fans .

Fix it for ya.

Cut out the Cancer. Good riddance. There is a reason we are loading up on DB's, 2 more from FLA visiting for the OSU game.

Never bought in on Trey Davis being a good idea. He mysteriously quit at USC after a month and showed up here, I know this type of situation is a low percentage play. Hopefully the coaches told him he needed to last the semester before they put him on scholarship, if so, we at least saved ourselves the scholarship and we can bring in a new DB to replace him.

Second team Isom has been booted from. He was booted after starting for Northern Illinois as a freshman. Ended up going to Western Iowa JC and had "buy in" issues there. Didn't Claeys recruits have questionable character issues in a dorm room at Minnesota???? Prob best Claeys is no longer at WSU. You can be their friend. But first you have to be their coach. Discipline is needed. Also looking forward to our two secondary coaches being shown the door after the season. Watching Cal tackle vs. us just convinces me that Sirmon, Deruyter or Alexander would be great choices as DC for the Cougs.

Second team Isom has been booted from. He was booted after starting for Northern Illinois as a freshman. Ended up going to Western Iowa JC and had "buy in" issues there. Didn't Claeys recruits have questionable character issues in a dorm room at Minnesota???? Prob best Claeys is no longer at WSU. You can be their friend. But first you have to be their coach. Discipline is needed. Also looking forward to our two secondary coaches being shown the door after the season. Watching Cal tackle vs. us just convinces me that Sirmon, Deruyter or Alexander would be great choices as DC for the Cougs.
Phelps is the only member of the defensive staff that's shown me much in terms of coaching his guys. Happy to flush and start again if that's what Leach wants to do

As much improvement as Avalos has had at Oregon as DC gives me hope that our defense can have significant improvement with the right coordinator in charge.

I'm not sure that you can blame Claeys for the mess at Minnesota. From what I've read, a significant percentage of the entire team was super rapey and it preceded Claeys time at the helm. His mistake was not knowing how to handle that situation. I'm glad that I wasn't in his shoes.

Adios boys, say goodbye to free school, meals, and all the other benefits. Life just got a lot harder for you.

Reactions: 79COUG
Cognitive diarrhea changed his name...
Unfortunately he's picked a new handle after being banned as a poser. He'll come in...crap all over the place until everyone has a good whiff and can't stand it anymore. Now he's aligning himself with "Never Trumpers".

Reactions: 79COUG
Pretty sure it was Isom who, asked by a reporter at fall camp, "what has Leach shown you," answered: "Nothing," and walked away from the interview.

I thought, Oh, boy, that's not gonna work out well.
Now...which reporter would care to ask that question? Is there some type of written test they can give to alleviate the externalizers?:)

Reactions: GrayOnGray
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT