ADVERTISEMENT

Dickert extension

My dad was the scariest and most intimidating person in the world when he wanted to be

Flat, sounds like your pops would've been a heck of a match for my favorite from the old Pacific Northwest Wrestling Days ... the great Lumberjack Luke!

01.jpg

Everyone should be at least mildly afraid of gun violence.

Amen.

I was at my friend Daniel's place, and I went downstairs and outside to talk to GF on Phone, when a woman walked by, went inside door, lied to her BF that supposedly I laid hands on her.

BF came outside, told me to leave. I told him I was visiting Daniel in upstairs apt, and that he could follow, to have Daniel vouch for me.

We went upstairs. At top of stairs, he turned around and sucker punched me.

I used my Shaolin Kung Fu green belt training to grab, leverage him, to not fall down stairs, then got behind him, put him in headlock, and reached my fingers around and on, over his eyes, and put my foot up against his back to kick him down stairs, and told him that if he moved, I would claw his eyes out, blind him forever.

He was a big berserker that could have plastered 5-8 me all over wall with one hit, and because I am not a big strong fighter, etc, the way I deal with fighting types is to either not fight if can or if have to fight, use crippling debilitating force, as if I go toe to toe, punch for punch, etc, I'll lose, get hurt, etc.

That was back then, now I can't do that at all after the stroke I had. Guess I need to get Mace, Pepper Spray, electric taser, etc, now.

So I kicked the guy down stairs. Went inside Daniel's apt, called police.

Then we got knock on door. Thought it was police, and the BF showed up with his father and they had a gun.

I put hands up. They said again that I laid hands on girl. I held up phone with GF on phone. They knocked phone out of my hand. It hit floor, broke, shattered into pieces. Daniel pushed them back. One of them went to shoot Daniel and me, when Daniel's homeless friend Sarge, who was a Vietnam vet, jumped in front of us while pushing us to side and took 4 gunshots to his chest, saving our lives.

He Sarge survived. He died about 7 to 10 to 13 years later, and about 1k to 3k to 5k showed up to his funeral to honor him.

Sorry for long story.

Your right, gun violence is crazy.

1 experience with it like that was enough and hope to never experience that kind of gun violence again.

The BF, and the BF's father went to prison, Jail for long time.

All that, because some BITCH lied to her BF about me supposedly laying hands on her, probably to get her BF jealous, because of her toxic insecurity, etc.

Amazing what 1 lie can do.

Why liars and lying can be so bad.

Amen.

I was at my friend Daniel's place, and I went downstairs and outside to talk to GF on Phone, when a woman walked by, went inside door, lied to her BF that supposedly I laid hands on her.

BF came outside, told me to leave. I told him I was visiting Daniel in upstairs apt, and that he could follow, to have Daniel vouch for me.

We went upstairs. At top of stairs, he turned around and sucker punched me.

I used my Shaolin Kung Fu green belt training to grab, leverage him, to not fall down stairs, then got behind him, put him in headlock, and reached my fingers around and on, over his eyes, and put my foot up against his back to kick him down stairs, and told him that if he moved, I would claw his eyes out, blind him forever.

He was a big berserker that could have plastered 5-8 me all over wall with one hit, and because I am not a big strong fighter, etc, the way I deal with fighting types is to either not fight if can or if have to fight, use crippling debilitating force, as if I go toe to toe, punch for punch, etc, I'll lose, get hurt, etc.

That was back then, now I can't do that at all after the stroke I had. Guess I need to get Mace, Pepper Spray, electric taser, etc, now.

So I kicked the guy down stairs. Went inside Daniel's apt, called police.

Then we got knock on door. Thought it was police, and the BF showed up with his father and they had a gun.

I put hands up. They said again that I laid hands on girl. I held up phone with GF on phone. They knocked phone out of my hand. It hit floor, broke, shattered into pieces. Daniel pushed them back. One of them went to shoot Daniel and me, when Daniel's homeless friend Sarge, who was a Vietnam vet, jumped in front of us while pushing us to side and took 4 gunshots to his chest, saving our lives.

He Sarge survived. He died about 7 to 10 to 13 years later, and about 1k to 3k to 5k showed up to his funeral to honor him.

Sorry for long story.

Your right, gun violence is crazy.

1 experience with it like that was enough and hope to never experience that kind of gun violence again.

The BF, and the BF's father went to prison, Jail for long time.

All that, because some BITCH lied to her BF about me supposedly laying hands on her, probably to get her BF jealous, because of her toxic insecurity, etc.

Amazing what 1 lie can do.

Why liars and lying can be so bad.
And Mik just makes this thread even better. I did not have “Shaolin Kung Fu green belt training” on my bingo card for this thread.

Ed can I trade Krusty for Mik? No offense Krusty but Mik now has the best street fighting cred on this board, I know his green belt is legit.

And Mik just makes this thread even better. I did not have “Shaolin Kung Fu green belt training” on my bingo card for this thread.

Ed can I trade Krusty for Mik? No offense Krusty but Mik now has the best street fighting cred on this board, I know his green belt is legit.

It's no big deal, and I am not a good fighter.

I was bullied in school, college and I got so tired of being a bad fighter, unable to defend myself, that I went to a Shaolin Kung Fu dojo, studio, etc, and paid them $115 a month, for 1,2 years to get my white belt, yellow belt, green belt, white sash, yellow sash, green sash, and learned combat, bow stance, horse stance, cat stance, blocks, kicks, grappling, puma strike, Kinetic Stroke(Hitting a strong plastic cup and not having it fly across room, and instead having it stay in 1 place and either shattering it, having it split in half.

I only successfully did that 2 times in 2 years.

What I did was nothing special, and almost everybody can learn, do what they teach.

What's cool, is that the dojo would have problem kids that they would give free lessons to keep them out of trouble.

And the dojo would have those kids clean the bathroom and floors with toothbrushes etc, to teach them discipline, etc.

I wasn't able to afford to keep paying $115, so had to quit. And I haven't trained in Shaolin Kung Fu in about 17 years.

Shaolin Kung Fu training works. That's why we were forbidden to spar outside the Dojo, and why tournament fighting was forbidden.

If little bad, crappy fighter like me can learn Shaolin Kung Fu, almost anyone can.

You could but I learned the Crane move from Mr Miyagi and Danny from Karate Kid. If the Johnnie from Cobra Kai will fall for it so will Mik.,....

You could but I learned the Crane move from Mr Miyagi and Danny from Karate Kid. If the Johnnie from Cobra Kai will fall for it so will Mik.,....
I learned “drink first, drink hard, no puking” from some guy named Dale at the bowling alley.

Reactions: Observer11
This is such a great board and an example of why you don't really need a moderator. The board has been around for so long that it basically polices itself. Sure there were a few threats thrown in, but folks got things off of their chest sprinkled with a little bit of comedy gold. Funny story....I have been around (mostly lurking) since I think 2003. I created my name after Yao Ming's first game against Shaq when Shaq joked pregame with some Kung Fu B.S. impersonation. Yao proceeded to exemplify the "Who's your daddy" saying on Shaq all game. Thus, my name "whoisyaodaddy."

I believe you mean crane technique.

"If do right, no can defense"

Wow, I actually started this thread. To quote Ron Burgundy, "Boy, that escalated quickly!"

Glad Cougar
The thread could again change directions if we started on Ron Burgundy quotes. I think my favorite was when somebody told him that sometimes people don't want the truth; they just want the news....

I believe you mean crane technique.

"If do right, no can defense"
Actually when CougEd climbs to the top turnbuckle and uses the crane technique it becomes the crane move .

But T Coug your correction is appropriate for those who practice .

Last edited:
I went to a Shaolin Kung Fu dojo, studio, etc, and paid them $115 a month, for 1,2 years to get my white belt, yellow belt, green belt, white sash, yellow sash, green sash, and learned combat, bow stance, horse stance, cat stance, blocks, kicks, grappling, puma strike, Kinetic Stroke(Hitting a strong plastic cup and not having it fly across room, and instead having it stay in 1 place and either shattering it, having it split in half.
I bought a Smith & Wesson .357 MAG and a Sig Sauer P365 9mm concealed carry and now, for different reasons, hope that nobody approaches me with ill intent.

It's no big deal, and I am not a good fighter.

I was bullied in school, college and I got so tired of being a bad fighter, unable to defend myself, that I went to a Shaolin Kung Fu dojo, studio, etc, and paid them $115 a month, for 1,2 years to get my white belt, yellow belt, green belt, white sash, yellow sash, green sash, and learned combat, bow stance, horse stance, cat stance, blocks, kicks, grappling, puma strike, Kinetic Stroke(Hitting a strong plastic cup and not having it fly across room, and instead having it stay in 1 place and either shattering it, having it split in half.

I only successfully did that 2 times in 2 years.

What I did was nothing special, and almost everybody can learn, do what they teach.

What's cool, is that the dojo would have problem kids that they would give free lessons to keep them out of trouble.

And the dojo would have those kids clean the bathroom and floors with toothbrushes etc, to teach them discipline, etc.

I wasn't able to afford to keep paying $115, so had to quit. And I haven't trained in Shaolin Kung Fu in about 17 years.

Shaolin Kung Fu training works. That's why we were forbidden to spar outside the Dojo, and why tournament fighting was forbidden.

If little bad, crappy fighter like me can learn Shaolin Kung Fu, almost anyone can.
Jeez, if I had known you were that dangerous I wouldn't have dumped you out in the woods south of Moscow after the game! lol

Okay, here is my Kung Fu story. Sophomore year four of us were living in Trailer #49 in Observatory Court (you youngsters will have no idea what that place even was) and one of my roommates was Chinese. He was from LA, and went home for Christmas and didn't come back to school. We didn't know what was going on with him, and then one evening a few weeks later someone in a blue knit cap came bursting through the back door and disappeared into the back bedroom before we could get a good look at him. After using the can he came out and we finally recognized our roommate. His shoulder length hair was completely gone, head was now totally shaved! He and his younger brother had both been taking Kung Fu lessons and their instructor had been selected to be the technical advisor for the Kung Fu pilot movie and he brought both of them in to the movie. Thus, the shaved head, as all the other kids in the temple were.

It did not launch a long and lucrative film career for them, but they were paid for the movie plus a hefty sum as compensation for shaving their heads. If you ever catch one of the old re-runs from the Kung Fu series, my buddy is the one that ran at the old blind master and takes a shot to the neck, flying out and then landing on the mat. That scene is in the lead in to the show, every episode. He probably gets a residual check for $.25 every now and then, I'll have to ask him about that next time we talk.

Flat, sounds like your pops would've been a heck of a match for my favorite from the old Pacific Northwest Wrestling Days ... the great Lumberjack Luke!

01.jpg
I used to go watch those guys at the Armory in Wenatchee! I SO thought it was real!
Imagine how my young world fell apart when I spotted Lumberjack Luke and the Iranian Sheik sharing a smoke by the back door after kicking the shit out of each other not 5 minutes earlier!

I used to go watch those guys at the Armory in Wenatchee! I SO thought it was real!
Imagine how my young world fell apart when I spotted Lumberjack Luke and the Iranian Sheik sharing a smoke by the back door after kicking the shit out of each other not 5 minutes earlier!
After PRETENDING to kick the shit out of each other is clearly what you meant to say 🤓 Taihtsat

Reactions: 79COUG
🤣

Best believe Lumberjack Luke and the Sheik could've whipped some ass for real if they so chose

PNW wrasslers >>> internet tough guys
I was never a wrestling fan but the Nature Boy ESPN 30 for 30 was one of the best I saw. If you were a wrestling fan and haven’t seen it go find it and watch it.

I have much more appreciation for the “sport” now. “Scripted” is different than “fake”. And while those guys are going through a script, I never realized how much they are actually kicking the shit out of each other and themselves while doing it. The nightlife stuff in between makes it even more impressive.

Just out of curiosity, if you put on a positive side of a ledger and negative side of the ledger, what would you put on each side and what is an overriding factor.

An acquaintance of mine...met him through a very good friend of mine....is a pretty big Husky donor...or at least I think he-- is dropping a 1/4 mil without a blink of the eye. (btw he was there the night Rick Neuheisel and Clete were there that got Rick in trouble for being in the betting pool) and he told me he is done donating because of the portal and NIL. I think many people feel that way.

They need to get a handle on both....or I think the average fan will find other things to do.
Ive spoken with st least 3 duck boosters that are becoming disinterested over the portal, and nil. I think the grrling is very widedpread

🤣

Best believe Lumberjack Luke and the Sheik could've whipped some ass for real if they so chose

PNW wrasslers >>> internet tough guys
Those are fighting words down south in the Deep South Wrestling Federation spearheaded by junk yard dog, Sgt slaughter and the missing link .

Those are fighting words down south in the Deep South Wrestling Federation spearheaded by junk yard dog, Sgt slaughter and the missing link .

And Mr. Wrestling 2 and
King Kong Bundy
Nicolai Volkoff
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

I have much more appreciation for the “sport” now. “Scripted” is different than “fake”. And while those guys are going through a script, I never realized how much they are actually kicking the shit out of each other and themselves while doing it. The nightlife stuff in between makes it even more impressive.

Early in my work career I did a 3-yr stint in the midwest. I was a pretty dedicated gym rat at the time and showed up at my gym at 0500 on a Saturday morning to find two big busses parked in the lot and a sign on the door that said "closed until noon for private event". After getting up that early to do my workout, I wasn't too happy about getting turned away, so walked in to see what the deal was. Turns out the WWF was in town and they rented the whole facility for workouts. The gym dude at the front desk wasn't budging on letting me in, but one of the wrestlers walked by as I was arguing my piece, stepped in, and said I was his guest so I waltzed on in and spent the next 1.5 hrs lifting with 20+ guys from the WWF (and then spent another hr after that watching and BS'ing with guys as they came and went).

Those guys take a HUGE physical beating doing what they do. Pretty much everyone that showed up that morning was injured in some way, shape or form, and they all walked around like they were 80 yrs old until they were warmed up and could work out all the kinks. (There were a couple trainers on their staff that did nothing but wander around the entire time I was there tending to all the miscellaneous injuries.) Aside from seeing how much pain some of those guys were in, that was probably the most enjoyable couple hours I've ever had in a gym -- pretty much everyone I interacted with was a pleasure to be around. I walked outta there thinking when those guys perform they earn every penny they get, and that whatever it was it probably wasn't enough given the long term toll their bodies were taking.

I wasn't a WWF fan at the time so ended up having to track down a program for that night's performance to figure out who I was even lifting with that day. Two faces and names that I remember after 30 years were Jim Duggan and Mr. Perfect. There was a third guy (biggest human I'd ever met personally) but I never did figure out who he was.

Reactions: Coug90
Early in my work career I did a 3-yr stint in the midwest. I was a pretty dedicated gym rat at the time and showed up at my gym at 0500 on a Saturday morning to find two big busses parked in the lot and a sign on the door that said "closed until noon for private event". After getting up that early to do my workout, I wasn't too happy about getting turned away, so walked in to see what the deal was. Turns out the WWF was in town and they rented the whole facility for workouts. The gym dude at the front desk wasn't budging on letting me in, but one of the wrestlers walked by as I was arguing my piece, stepped in, and said I was his guest so I waltzed on in and spent the next 1.5 hrs lifting with 20+ guys from the WWF (and then spent another hr after that watching and BS'ing with guys as they came and went).

Those guys take a HUGE physical beating doing what they do. Pretty much everyone that showed up that morning was injured in some way, shape or form, and they all walked around like they were 80 yrs old until they were warmed up and could work out all the kinks. (There were a couple trainers on their staff that did nothing but wander around the entire time I was there tending to all the miscellaneous injuries.) Aside from seeing how much pain some of those guys were in, that was probably the most enjoyable couple hours I've ever had in a gym -- pretty much everyone I interacted with was a pleasure to be around. I walked outta there thinking when those guys perform they earn every penny they get, and that whatever it was it probably wasn't enough given the long term toll their bodies were taking.

I wasn't a WWF fan at the time so ended up having to track down a program for that night's performance to figure out who I was even lifting with that day. Two faces and names that I remember after 30 years were Jim Duggan and Mr. Perfect. There was a third guy (biggest human I'd ever met personally) but I never did figure out who he was.
90% of those guys probably started out the day with a hangover too…unreal

90% of those guys probably started out the day with a hangover too…unreal

Not really. None of the guys that were there early looked like they had spent the night partying. They were all business. (A couple of the guys that trickled in later looked a little worse for wear, but they were in the minority by far.)

Don't forget:
Jake "the Snake" Roberts
The Iron Shiek
The Killer Bees
The Ultimate Warrior
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
and many others, of course including Rowdy Roddy Piper. My favorite was George "the Animal" Steele.

Dutch Savage and Playboy Buddy Rose ... two more legends

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT