ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern. And Cooper Kupp

I know that Wulff needed talent and had a future NFL player in Yakima, and never offered him. You know that too. I know that Wulff had three years to work on recruiting Kupp and never offered him. You know that too. I know Wulff blew it. You know that too. Your continued defense of that coach is comical. You know that too.

Too funny. Only a fired coach gets "blamed" for not signing a kid that he couldn't sign because he wasn't the coach. Again, if Wulff stayed on as a coach and didn't sign Kupp I would say he missed that one. Especially if he signed Blair Bomber over the kid.

I am not defending Wulff. I am simply saying Leach missed on him as it as HIS class.

Fab....Good grief. Not sure how much more clear I can make this for you. I never once said he was a "great recruiter". A great recruiter is able to close on people and has something to sell. Nick Saban's job as a recruiter is much easier than every job out there. USC's should be as well.

Bill Doba was not a great recruiter, nor was he a good elevator of talent. Paul Wulff didn't have the same cards on the table as Bill Doba did. Bill Doba had these cards on the table. 3 ten won seasons , 3 bowl games in which they were 2-1. Yet he could recruit or evaluate off of that. No doubt a change in strategy doomed WSU. Phflugrad made the same mistake at ASU and got Snyder canned.

Was Wulff a great recruiter? No. Was he and his staff very good evaluators of talent. Yes. That is why it is relevant the players he recruited and they verbaled. He more than any other coach in the conference would have benefited form an early signing period. Who he evaluated, recruited and signed elsewhere shows he could spot D1 talent (like Dahl,Cleveland and a host of other kids no one else wanted until the last minute as kids dropped out of their class)

A client who coached as OC in the Pac 10 and other conferences once told me something interesting. He told me the best EVALUATORS of talent are in D2. Do you understand my distinction between evaluation and recruiting?

Back in the day I thought Price was a clown. Something happened that gave me reason for pause. He recruited this "white chip" player from Edmonds. No one else came close to offering this kid. The kid didn't have the grades so he went to Walla Walla. Next thing you know Matt Storm was an All American for Georgia.

Mike Price could spot talent.

You act as though Wulff saw things no other coach saw. Everyone knew who Asante Cleveland was, it's just 11 other Pac 12 coaches had someone better at that spot. Wulff got him because no one else wanted him, until Miami came in late. It wasn't because Wulff was smarter than 11 other coaches, or recruited him better. And, I would point out, Cleveland didn't do jack squat for Miami anyway.

Booker was a kid with academic issues. Wulff took a flier on him and lost. I'm sure if he was a slam dunk academically, he probably would have gone to UCLA or something.

I will give credit, I'm sure Wulff and his staff hustled as hard as they could. In the end, he was just a guy with no resume selling a crap program. He recruited about as well as I expected him to.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Nope in hindsight I wouldn't replace Brink with Tuel. Why are you including Gesser? Heck might as well a mark fields in the discussion at this point.

Brink, totally spaced on him. Brink was much better than I ever thought at the time. Just wish he had a little more arm.

But the point is the same. Doba did not recruit a QB for the years past 2007. Let me restate that. He did not recruit a QB the level of Brink, Tuel or Halliday for the health of teh program. Are you disputing that?

I included Gesser because of your comment about Tuel and Halliday "spending time in an NFL camp" as proof they were better than anyone Doba recruited.

And no, Doba did not recruit another QB the level of Brink. And neither did Wulff. Doba DID recruit Gary Rogers, who could have been solid, before Wulff's stellar OL nearly got him killed.

Not to pile on, but he seems to specialize in that.

Don't expect him to aPaulogize for that, however. As to this pedestal of idiocy upon which Flat has flung his limpness, he cites one article as proof Wulff isn't among the worst 10 coaches in college football history. The fact that he continues to leg hump this loser says all you need to know about this Kansas plain.

Last edited:
You act as though Wulff saw things no other coach saw. Everyone knew who Asante Cleveland was, it's just 11 other Pac 12 coaches had someone better at that spot. Wulff got him because no one else wanted him, until Miami came in late. It wasn't because Wulff was smarter than 11 other coaches, or recruited him better. And, I would point out, Cleveland didn't do jack squat for Miami anyway.

Booker was a kid with academic issues. Wulff took a flier on him and lost. I'm sure if he was a slam dunk academically, he probably would have gone to UCLA or something.

I will give credit, I'm sure Wulff and his staff hustled as hard as they could. In the end, he was just a guy with no resume selling a crap program. He recruited about as well as I expected him to.
Hmmm... when did he verbal to WSU? I get no one else wanted him. That is kind of the point. WSU was his biggest and best offer . He did enough to get to the NFL .

Hopkins and Meikenen. Why was Wulff all over them in the spring and all of a sudden Stanford evaluates them and offers . Where was everyone else ?

Hmmm... when did he verbal to WSU? I get no one else wanted him. That is kind of the point. WSU was his biggest and best offer . He did enough to get to the NFL .

Hopkins and Meikenen. Why was Wulff all over them in the spring and all of a sudden Stanford evaluates them and offers . Where was everyone else ?

Still leg humping the biggest loser in WSU football history, I see. There has to be some kind of counseling available for you.

This happens to every WSU coach. They land a kid when WSU is their best offer, then Stanford or USC strikes out on a few guys and poof, there they go. That's how recruiting works and doesn't mean Wulff saw something no one else saw, or saw it earlier.

And Meinken is kind of funny example to use, being that he's stated he decommitted because WSU's coaching staff & program was such a mess.

Doba, a guy you claimed to be a horrible evaluator of talent lost like 3 guys in a row to USC.

And, of course, Leach is actually holding on to some of those kids now, whereas previously, it was almost a 100% certainty they'd bolt.

This happens to every WSU coach. They land a kid when WSU is their best offer, then Stanford or USC strikes out on a few guys and poof, there they go. That's how recruiting works and doesn't mean Wulff saw something no one else saw, or saw it earlier.

And Meinken is kind of funny example to use, being that he's stated he decommitted because WSU's coaching staff & program was such a mess.

Doba, a guy you claimed to be a horrible evaluator of talent lost like 3 guys in a row to USC.

And, of course, Leach is actually holding on to some of those kids now, whereas previously, it was almost a 100% certainty they'd bolt.

Why is it a funny example. he left because Stanford came calling. Stanford. Not PLU. Not Oregon State. Stanford.

Doba lost three guys that nobody else properly evaluated as Pac 10 players, or those players had other legit offers. And it does make a huge deal that these are the guys on your board. Bobby Beathard use to make a killing on talent evaluation. If coach Wulff (another shot) offers say Fab 5 in Spring, and the next best offer is Pacific, and there are no other others from the Big Sky, Mountain West, and yet Miami gets film and fills out there class, that means virtually no one else including CSU, CU, Fresno thought he was a D1 starter.

Joe Dahl. Why was there only one team in D1 football that thought he was worthy of a scholie. How did "Satan" see that and no one else did?

The same goes for Luke Falk. regardless of getting lost in the shuffle, CSU, Wyoming, San Jose State (their QB situation is dire) none of them even recruited Falk. Clearly Leach has an eye for QB talent.

You asshole! :p

90 I have a Grey Wulff Cocktail recipe for you.
  • 2 ounces Japanese whisky, preferably Hibiki Harmony
  • 1/4 ounce demerara syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Benedictine
  • 1/2 teaspoon plum vinegar
  • 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: express grapefruit peel

Why is it a funny example. he left because Stanford came calling. Stanford. Not PLU. Not Oregon State. Stanford.

Doba lost three guys that nobody else properly evaluated as Pac 10 players, or those players had other legit offers. And it does make a huge deal that these are the guys on your board. Bobby Beathard use to make a killing on talent evaluation. If coach Wulff (another shot) offers say Fab 5 in Spring, and the next best offer is Pacific, and there are no other others from the Big Sky, Mountain West, and yet Miami gets film and fills out there class, that means virtually no one else including CSU, CU, Fresno thought he was a D1 starter.

Joe Dahl. Why was there only one team in D1 football that thought he was worthy of a scholie. How did "Satan" see that and no one else did?

The same goes for Luke Falk. regardless of getting lost in the shuffle, CSU, Wyoming, San Jose State (their QB situation is dire) none of them even recruited Falk. Clearly Leach has an eye for QB talent.

The holder of the magic eye for talent had a guy bail for Idaho and brought us outstanding players like Max Gama and Blair Bomber.

This fact has soared over Erictile's empty head for years. That poor dumb fvck.

Typically when we lose recruits to other programs, they are pretty polite and gracious. Meinken went out of his way to highlight the dysfunction with the WSU staff. That's rare.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
I included Gesser because of your comment about Tuel and Halliday "spending time in an NFL camp" as proof they were better than anyone Doba recruited.

And no, Doba did not recruit another QB the level of Brink. And neither did Wulff. Doba DID recruit Gary Rogers, who could have been solid, before Wulff's stellar OL nearly got him killed.
Based on what? He had no experience and injuries along oline plus zero depth. Rogers didn't get the offense, either for Doba or Wullf. And we saw in 2014 what happened to Halliday when they went to a inexperienced back up to play center. And we saw what happened to Falk when we went to an inexperienced back up left tackle.

Doba didn't recruit Gesser.

Typically when we lose recruits to other programs, they are pretty polite and gracious. Meinken went out of his way to highlight the dysfunction with the WSU staff. That's rare.

Please point to what he had said. Cause that is not what he mentioned to me. Too funny, he played for a team that lost 60 plus straight games, no other team thought to give him a offer until Stanford came in late.

The holder of the magic eye for talent had a guy bail for Idaho and brought us outstanding players like Max Gama and Blair Bomber.
Yep he missed on Gama...Bomber probably not all that different than dimry or Johnson Mack..And no not in stature or exact position they played.

Yep he missed on Gama...Bomber probably not all that different than dimry or Johnson Mack..And no not in stature or exact position they played.

Blair Bomber played approximately zero snaps at WSU, then could barely get on the field at Eastern. Your analogy is garbage.

Check Johnson-Mack's stats, Ediot. Only in your mind would they equal Blair Bomber. Continue being stupid, though. We love kicking you around here. See, you do have a purpose!

This fact has soared over Erictile's empty head for years. That poor dumb fvck.

Oh look what we have here: Yakoff is making E.D. references...yet he is home all alone in front of his computer on a Friday night thinking about CougEd with no date or social outing in sight.

The source material of his constant E.D. jokes and blow up doll references suddenly make sense now.

Last edited:
Oh look what we have here: Yakoff is making E.D. references...yet he is home all alone on a Friday night all by his lonesome thinking about Ed with no date or social outing in sight.

The source material of his constant E.D. jokes and blow up doll references suddenly make sense now.

Markie, how's your new job as the custodian at Evergreen Home Loans going? Still monitoring who posts and when? Perhaps it's time we banned you again? Get ready to disappear...

Markie, how's your new job as the custodian at Evergreen Home Loans going? Still monitoring who posts and when? Perhaps it's time we banned you again? Get ready to disappear...

That's your response after pointing out that you were home all by yourself in front of a computer, on a Friday night, thinking about CougEd?

No wonder why your game is so weak.

I can see it now. Yaki: "Would you like to go on a date with me please? We can go to the Olive Garden...and then after, we can go back to my place and post about Ed on Cougzone!"

At least your Stalker game is still going strong.

Joe fake name Banks why would he work at the mortgage company? And why reference the name of the company, what does that have to do with anything. Just curious.

Blair Bomber played approximately zero snaps at WSU, then could barely get on the field at Eastern. Your analogy is garbage.
I know Dimry was simply money for WSU. Dimry could barely get on field at WSU.

Oh look what we have here: Yakoff is making E.D. references...yet he is home all alone in front of his computer on a Friday night thinking about CougEd with no date or social outing in sight.

You need new material Donny Thousandtimes

That's your response after pointing out that you were home all by yourself in front of a computer, on a Friday night, thinking about CougEd?

No wonder why your game is so weak.

I can see it now. Yaki: "Would you like to go on a date with me please? We can go to the Olive Garden...and then after, we can go back to my place and post about Ed on Cougzone!"

At least your Stalker game is still going strong.
You need new material

You need new material
You just posted the same thing twice while calling me out on repeating myself . Too funny.

And here you go again inserting yourself into a conversation that doesn't involve you like you have since your first day on this site.

Being a follower like you have been since day 1 is not a good look.

Last edited:
You just posted the same thing twice while calling me out on repeating myself . Too funny.

And here you go again inserting yourself into a conversation that doesn't involve you like you have since your first day on this site.

Being a follower like you have been since day 1 is not a good look.
You need new material

And Bomber could barely get on the field at a FCS school.
Your point he missed on gama and bomber? No different than all the kids who never saw the field in Doba years . Point understood when put in those terms

Your point he missed on gama and bomber? No different than all the kids who never saw the field in Doba years . Point understood when put in those terms

Wulff missed on Kupp. Thank goodness he got guys like Bomber to campus though...,

Naw...you seem like someone who would benefit from a good backhand. Too bad you hide behind your keyboard, though. It would do you some good.
You are hands down the toughest internet cowboy on the internet. I bet you even tackled a future nfl player in high school practice once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT