ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: ACC to discuss expansion in Friday phone call, sources say

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
As stated, if all schools aren't on board, no one is on board. It'll be interesting to see if they agree to this. And I also don't see anyone going against FSU or Clemson as the conference needs them to stick around for a few more years.

"There are four schools that have been against the additions: Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina and NC State. The ACC needs 12 out of its 15 schools to vote yes to expand."

Better chance for the Cougs to the Big 12 if they let Stanford and Cal in

Better chance to “rebuild” the PAC if they are denied acceptance.

What camp are you in?

For me, in either scenario, the Cougs must have a path to the CFP.

I want to see the Pac-12 rebuilt. I believe in all the things we've talk about with regard to regionality. I also think adding SDSU and UNLV would be great destination to head to.

SMU (lower greenville in Dallas is cool) + Tulane (NOLA)....both great party areas....you could create a great conference.

I want to see the Pac-12 rebuilt. I believe in all the things we've talk about with regard to regionality. I also think adding SDSU and UNLV would be great destination to head to.

SMU (lower greenville in Dallas is cool) + Tulane (NOLA)....both great party areas....you could create a great conference.
Build a strong base and bring Utah and UCLA in the next cycle.

Reactions: Coug90
How does Cal, with its 25 non-revenue sports, exist in the ACC on a reduced TV revenue package, with its 439 million debt, work exactly? Cal makes the Moos led Cougs look down right frugal. Sure they can talk, but is Cal really willing to cut 12 sports, it is the only way it can possibly work. Bear in mind, Cal is one one the few schools where the athletic department is dependant on its "non-revenue" sports to garner for facility and community support.

Unless NC State breaks from UNC (doubtful) or the offer significantly changes, ACC expansion may be off the table. I do think their travel concerns could be alleviated with a western pod- PAC4,SMU and SDSU and gu and St Marys for Basketball/Olympics but that’s probably not happening either.

Unless NC State breaks from UNC (doubtful) or the offer significantly changes, ACC expansion may be off the table. I do think their travel concerns could be alleviated with a western pod- PAC4,SMU and SDSU and gu and St Marys for Basketball/Olympics but that’s probably not happening either.

I’ve assumed all along that NC State is the weak link, and the one the proponents should be pressuring.
FSU and Clemson are already upset about how small their shares are, they’re not going to get on board with adding teams that don’t bring a big revenue increase and who raise expenses. Just doesn’t make sense. UNC has never flinched from being against it. That only leaves NCSU…and there’s really no reason for them to be in favor either.

And now there’s a weather delay in Tempe.😀
Looking at the box score, I wouldn’t be very happy if I was an ASU fan. 21-7 at the half, with a walk-off TD to end the half by ASU. Game stats make it look like SUU is beating themselves as much as ASU is beating them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT