ADVERTISEMENT

Falk

Yeah he's been dog $hit tonight. Defense is the only reason we aren't looking at a 3TD deficit. Pretty disappointing

I hope Falk keeps winning .But he will never be one of my favorite players. This can be a very special year if he plays well.

I hope Falk keeps winning .But he will never be one of my favorite players. This can be a very special year if he plays well.
Yeah, weird night. Hard to be disappointed in a big win at Autzen but with how banged up this Ducks team is and how awesome the defense played offense should have had a field day. Should have been 350 passing 200 rushing 50 pt kind of game. Offense stunk tonight.

Took too many sacks when he didn't need to. Accuracy was the off. But still did enough to win, and that's all that matters. Cougs were sloppy, dumb penalties, crap special teams. Still love this team tho. Go cougs!

My God, we just throttled a decent Oregon team at home, made them empty the stadium with 5 mins to go, and Falk throws for three TDs yet people complain complain complain. Falk isn't playing against air, those are real defenders out there and Oregon wanted Cougar blood real bad after the past two years. The Cougs are now the hunted and the wins may not be pretty at times. Off rant.

My God, we just throttled a decent Oregon team at home, made them empty the stadium with 5 mins to go, and Falk throws for three TDs yet people complain complain complain. Falk isn't playing against air, those are real defenders out there and Oregon wanted Cougar blood real bad after the past two years. The Cougs are now the hunted and the wins may not be pretty at times. Off rant.
Excellent post.

Leavitt knows how to beat this offense, at least with Falk running it. This is a team that had a coach who knew how to beat our offense, and had the athletes to do it. Luke wasn't throwing darts, but he WAS going down the field enough to score points, and he didn't throw any picks either. He was always gonna get sacked five times, it's Luke Falk against a great defensive front. I'll take this result every time.

Yeah we get it, but it’s incredibly frustrating to watch him miss throw after throw in this game when he makes those same throws in the previous game. A bunch of those incompletions were just horrible throws, and we all know he can hit those when he’s on.

Yeah we get it, but it’s incredibly frustrating to watch him miss throw after throw in this game when he makes those same throws in the previous game. A bunch of those incompletions were just horrible throws, and we all know he can hit those when he’s on.
And? What QB is perfect? The answer? None. They all have rough patches. They aren't playing against air.

A lot of it is about having a clean pocket. When he doesn't even have to glance at the rush he drops dimes. But take away his first and/or second progression and get somebody in his face or even make him worry about it and the accuracy goes down. He's hardly unique in that respect. Oregon's defense is the best we've played this year. They scouted us about as well as Boise but were more aggressive because they could be. As over the moon as everyone was about the SC game, the Ducks have a better D and they made us earn it.

Reactions: Coug1990
A lot of it is about having a clean pocket. When he doesn't even have to glance at the rush he drops dimes. But take away his first and/or second progression and get somebody in his face or even make him worry about it and the accuracy goes down. He's hardly unique in that respect. Oregon's defense is the best we've played this year. They scouted us about as well as Boise but were more aggressive because they could be. As over the moon as everyone was about the SC game, the Ducks have a better D and they made us earn it.

Oregon still has great athletes. Even when their defense was horrible, there were players getting drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft. Now, they have a defensive coordinator that knows what he is doing.

Let's just leave it at this. Defense won the game. We are all happy to be 6-0 with a big win at Oregon...I want to see this team go tear down Husky stadium too, but likely going to need more from the offense than we did tonight for that to happen.

And? What QB is perfect? The answer? None. They all have rough patches. They aren't playing against air.
Well apparently Leach agrees there are times he doesnt play to his ability as evidenced by the BSU game.

Well apparently Leach agrees there are times he doesnt play to his ability as evidenced by the BSU game.
The BSU game was a total stinker. Falk deserved to be benched in that game, and I don't think anybody here would argue differently. Do you think he should've been pulled tonight? I didn't really think so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT