ADVERTISEMENT

Former Cougs WR Drue Jackson announces. . .

Interesting. Good luck to the kid. But going from our squad to JC is really interesting considering how many offers he had out of high school.

He already used his redshirt year at WSU and would miss another year going D-1. Makes sense.

He already used his redshirt year at WSU and would miss another year going D-1. Makes sense.

Yeah, makes sense now that he left WSU. If you are going to burn a year either way, might as well be playing somewhere.

Do we know why he never got in a game (as what's his name from Spokane did?). If he was a 4 star guy, shouldn't he at least have seen the field, cluttered WR corps or not?

If he's as talented as billed, this is a horrible decision. I'm doubting that a jc qb has the arm necessary to showcase a blue chip WR.

Lose the year and go to a school with a legit QB.

Nobody in Spokane thought Fischer was a true 4star in HS, but his ceiling said he could be. Hell, Jared Karstetter dominated the 4A ranks in Spokane & in the playoffs. He was far more impressive HS wide receiver vs Fisher who played at the 2A level.

Nobody in Spokane thought Fischer was a true 4star in HS, but his ceiling said he could be. Hell, Jared Karstetter dominated the 4A ranks in Spokane & in the playoffs. He was far more impressive HS wide receiver vs Fisher who played at the 2A level.

That's true. Very inspiring story but dominating Deer Park and West Valley is alot different than strapping it on against G-Prep and CV.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
That's true. Very inspiring story but dominating Deer Park and West Valley is alot different than strapping it on against G-Prep and CV.
So true. The Will Dertings of the world are few and far between.

Yes, '79, there are only a couple per decade out of the WA/ID area. But it can be hard to know which one(s) will turn out to be the Dertings of the world.

Yes, '79, there are only a couple per decade out of the WA/ID area. But it can be hard to know which one(s) will turn out to be the Dertings of the world.
Yep especially in this day and age when a kid who's a stud in his freshman/sophomore year of high school at a small school transfers to a 4A school. Suddenly he's no longer flying under the radar.

Not sure if a 3A school counts as small...if only 2A and smaller, it would be interesting to look at the roster over the past few decades and average the number of contributors over the years. I'll bet it is on the order of 1 per year on average. If we go back to the middle 90's, I'd toss out some names; Darling, Derting, Basler, Mullenix, Parrish, Carpenter, McEndoo (Aberdeen; wasn't that 2A in the 90's?)... I could go on, but that is a start.

Not sure if a 3A school counts as small...if only 2A and smaller, it would be interesting to look at the roster over the past few decades and average the number of contributors over the years. I'll bet it is on the order of 1 per year on average. If we go back to the middle 90's, I'd toss out some names; Darling, Derting, Basler, Mullenix, Parrish, Carpenter, McEndoo (Aberdeen; wasn't that 2A in the 90's?)... I could go on, but that is a start.

I’m too lazy to do the research but I’d guess 75% of kids in Wa go to a 3A or 4A school but that 90% of D1 Football players from Wa come from those classifications. In basketball I’d guess it would be higher than 90%.

Adding to your list- Abraham Lucas, John Fullington.... basketball - Brock Raveet from Kittitas to Gonzaga.

I’m too lazy to do the research but I’d guess 75% of kids in Wa go to a 3A or 4A school but that 90% of D1 Football players from Wa come from those classifications. In basketball I’d guess it would be higher than 90%.

Adding to your list- Abraham Lucas, John Fullington.... basketball - Brock Raveet from Kittitas to Gonzaga.
About all of Metro (minus the three former KINGCO 4A schools and ignoring gender bending by two of the Catholic schools) are opt ups from 2A.

Beach & some of the hoop schools dont want to play state 2A hoops in Yakima against the hicks and not be seen on TV.

About every other sport suffers because of this. Would be good Title IX suit against SSD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT