ADVERTISEMENT

Fox 13 - Seattle market TV ratings ~ 23 Share

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island

What's a 23 Share?
The Seattle Market for the purpose of national ranking is made up of King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. The Seattle Market ranks #12 in the USA. New York is 1, Los Angeles #2. Chicago #3, etc. The 23 share means 23% of the total TV audience in the Seattle market were tuned to Fox 13. The 6.0 rating means 6% of all homes in the market (including homes that were not watching TV) were watching the game. As a comparison, KOMO TV's evening news had a 3.7 rating.

By the end of the season, we will have so much ridiculous evidence for ESPN and the BIG 12, that we should absolutely demand a verdict.

Evidence That Demands A Verdict

Last edited:

What's a 23 Share?
The Seattle Market for the purpose of national ranking is made up of King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. The Seattle Market ranks #12 in the USA. New York is 1, Los Angeles #2. Chicago #3, etc. The 23 share means 23% of the total TV audience in the Seattle market were tuned to Fox 13. The 6.0 rating means 6% of all homes in the market (including homes that were not watching TV) were watching the game. As a comparison, KOMO TV's evening news had a 3.7 rating.

By the end of the season, we will have so much ridiculous evidence for ESPN and the BIG 12, that we will absolutely demand a verdict.

These numbers were nearly identical to the UW game Saturday. You just can’t say Seattle isn’t a Coug market.

Reactions: Coug90
These numbers were nearly identical to the UW game Saturday. You just can’t say Seattle isn’t a Coug market.
What's interesting is the majority of the workforce in Seattle today is the tech industry, and the majority of tech professionals and workers.....honestly.....don't watch or care about college football. They're not from here.

Google, Facebook, (Meta), Amazon and Microsoft dominate the tech industry in Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond. I would be willing to say that of all of those employees, only 5%, (or less) watch college football.

I think these numbers and ratings are from more old school, native folks, who've lived here for more than 25 years. Just my observation.

What's interesting is the majority of the workforce in Seattle today is the tech industry, and the majority of tech professionals and workers.....honestly.....don't watch or care about college football. They're not from here.

Google, Facebook, (Meta), Amazon and Microsoft dominate the tech industry in Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond. I would be willing to say that of all of those employees, only 5%, (or less) watch college football.

I think these numbers and ratings are from more old school, native folks, who've lived here for more than 25 years. Just my observation.
Are you going to blame these people like the cable cutters too?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT