ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

We’re changing it up this week. Someone on the opponent’s defense will earn POTW this week.

This is a 5-7 team. We should get one of the next 3 games, but I have a hard time believing we are going to show up to play 2 out of 3. QB is flawed, defense is undisciplined, offense is one dimensional. No sign of being clutch all year (0-3 in 1 TD games). This is a very disappointing team. I'm not sure it gets better next year as it looks like our starting QB will have no starting experience.

Start grooming Cooper or Cruz

Still have a shot at a bowl but no more room for error.

If the Cougs get a chance I think it would be good to put in either Cooper or Cruz in certain situations during the last three games.
Why not if they are winning or losing big and in the 4th quarter.?

With the recent history of the UW- WSU games there might be a lot of mop up time in Seattle.

Gordon just doesn't have it, more whiner than fire.

Like me

He played a good game against Oregon and really UCLA ( can't blame him for the fumbles). But other then that he has been very mediocre .

He really is fool's gold . Up until tonight nothing definitive to bench him,.

this is a .500 team, rebuilding year

they used to say at texas tech you could plug a 7-11 clerk in leachs offense and he would lead the nation in passing......…...Gordon proved this is true

Reactions: mikalalas
This is a 5-7 team. We should get one of the next 3 games, but I have a hard time believing we are going to show up to play 2 out of 3. QB is flawed, defense is undisciplined, offense is one dimensional. No sign of being clutch all year (0-3 in 1 TD games). This is a very disappointing team. I'm not sure it gets better next year as it looks like our starting QB will have no starting experience.

Lots of Freshmen and RS freshmen offensive linemen on this roster.
How they develop is probably more important than the new QB at this point.

they used to say at texas tech you could plug a 7-11 clerk in leachs offense and he would lead the nation in passing......…...Gordon proved this is true
Getting to .500 this month would be a welcome surprise.

Time to pull AG aside. Tell him that if WSU loses 1 more game, then WSU will start Cooper, or Cruz to prepare for next season, since a bowl game would be either impossible or improbable with 1 more loss.

So if AG is struggling during the next game, time to put in Gage.

If WSU loses next game, and if its impossible, improbable to make a bowl game, time to put in Cooper, Cruz, prepare for next year.

they will likely win the apple cup, I called that a long time ago-and the mutts are trash this year

Oregon state throws for 500 against this D. Eason might too. We might beat Stanford, but with Costello back that one is a toss-up.

So, a bad defense and an underperforming offense land us back in the cellar.

That last timeout pretty much tells you the story. Leach spends 99% of the time thinking about scoring points and 1% of the time thinking about how to win football games.

they will likely win the apple cup, I called that a long time ago-and the mutts are trash this year
Huskies aren’t good, but they’re better than us. And it’s in Seattle. I see little chance of a win there.

"Likely" huh?

Bruh... UW is probably gonna finish 8-4... 2nd in the North w/ Stanford's loss tonight. WSU might only win 1-2 conference games. Who are you calling trash?

2 of WSU's wins came against 0-9 New Mexico St and 2-8 Northern Colorado.

"Likely" huh?

Bruh... UW is probably gonna finish 8-4... 2nd in the North w/ Stanford's loss tonight. WSU might only win 1-2 conference games. Who are you calling trash?

You’re trash.

Reactions: SDCoug
"Likely" huh?

hahah wait and see, the mutts are garbage. eason is horrible

Well that was thoroughly disgusting. I'm sure Leach will get some catharsis out of ripping the team later. Whatever

WSU just barely beats Stanford, Ore St, loses to UW, goes 6-6, goes to bowl game, loses bowl game, finishes 6-7.

Not a good game for Gordon, but every time it seemed we were ready to go ahead, someone else makes a key mistake. The Winston fumble after the defense stops Cal right out of halftime, the Liam Ryan hold when we have 1st down in the redzone. Two excellent kick returns by Harris nullified by stupid and needless penalties. And, of course, the unwillingness to call a penalty against Cal when it mattered most.

Having said all that, I'm okay with giving one or both of Cooper/Cruz some experience these last 3 games. But Leach being Leach will probably play Gordon 100% of the plays for the rest of the season.

Glad Cougar

WSU just barely beats Stanford, Ore St, loses to UW, goes 6-6, goes to bowl game, loses bowl game, finishes 6-7.
WSU barely loses to Stanford, gives up 60 in a loss to Ore St, loses to UW by 45, goes 4-8, watches the national championship on tv, falls asleep at halftime, finishes 4-8.

Which is why there won't be a change at QB.

"Son, come to WSU and lead the nation in passing until the 9th game of the season..."

Doesn't sell well.

"Likely" huh?

UW is trash. We are slightly smellier trash.

I’m proud to say that I have never, ever gone on a fusky board before. Not even to lurk. No idea why someone would have any desire to read comments from others that they don’t like.

The only thing I can conclude by **** face popping over here is that he/she didn’t actually go to the udump and just likes to troll others from the basement of his mom’s house.

Ignore time for me!

I’m proud to say that I have never, ever gone on a fusky board before. Not even to lurk. No idea why someone would have any desire to read comments from others that they don’t like.

The only thing I can conclude by **** face popping over here is that he/she didn’t actually go to the udump and just likes to troll others from the basement of his mom’s house.

Ignore time for me!

I like you just fine!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT