ADVERTISEMENT

Geezus - another mass shooting, this time UNLV

What's ironic is when decisions are based on "original intent" when it suits the court and based on changes in situation when it doesn't.
I thought that was telling when they came out with the Roe v. Wade decision and the 2nd amendment case that were both published on the same day (or maybe back to back days).

In the gun case, the conservative justices concentrated solely on state and federal law passed after adoption of the Bill of Rights and the admission of states to the union. They discarded gun laws from the Arizona, Texas, Wyoming, and Idaho territories (pre-statehood) because while they were American territories, they were not truly state laws. The English common law and parliamentary laws that many American laws derived from were discarded as irrelevant. Any law that predated the Constitution was said to be increasingly less relevant with its separation in time (“evidence that long predates ratification may not illuminate the scope”).

And then…in the analysis overturning Roe, they had several pages of analysis of English common law and British parliamentary law - as well as reference to other European practices of the pre-Colonial era - dating to the 1200s. This analysis formed a big part of their basis in that case. They clearly cherry-picked their legal precedents to support a position.

The liberal justices were no better. They don’t like the historical basis idea, apparently preferring to interpret law based on current conditions and perceived needs. In the gun case, their basic position was that legal precedents don’t matter, we just need to make a way to have less guns. They flipped that around in the abortion case, and said that we have to follow the legal precedent even if it may have been flawed.

Only Roberts actually seems to try to confine himself to actual legal interpretation, all of the other justices continually try to make their interpretations fit a particular agenda.

Clarence Thomas needs to retire, I think his Originalist view makes him one of the most dangerous people in the government. It's really odd that he's the one too...since under the laws and interpretations he supports, he should only be 3/5 of a person.

Here's a great idea...

Get the mental/looney toon bins back up and running instead of having crazies run around like its totally fine.

Stop teaching kids that everyone is cool and you can always do/think/be whatever you want ESPECIALLY if it goes against the respectable norm.

Put more into law enforcement and show more support instead of another story about cops being the worst people out there.

Increase penalties for drugs... don't encourage them and make them easier.

Pretty easy for me to see that good people aren't doing bad things with guns. Don't penalize good people.
Get the mental/looney toon bins back up and running instead of having crazies run around like its totally fine.

This is a superficial argument. The actual "crazies" that you can find on a corner in ANY town...the kind that are waving their arms and talking to themselves, are NOT the ones pulling off the shootings and multiple gun-killings.

Those folk are the type that have blended into society generally decently for generations. A little weird and different, sure. But not enough to justify locking them up in an institution.

Are they at some level, mentally disturbed? For sure. But EVERYTHING is on a spectrum and these gun-toting nuts shooting random people -in almost every single case - have never previously crossed the line in behavior in what would be deemed cause for "institutionalization". It's kind of a lazy and inadequate argument/solution. That's all I have to say about that.

This is a superficial argument. The actual "crazies" that you can find on a corner in ANY town...the kind that are waving their arms and talking to themselves, are NOT the ones pulling off the shootings and multiple gun-killings.

Those folk are the type that have blended into society generally decently for generations. A little weird and different, sure. But not enough to justify locking them up in an institution.

Are they at some level, mentally disturbed? For sure. But EVERYTHING is on a spectrum and these gun-toting nuts shooting random people -in almost every single case - have never previously crossed the line in behavior in what would be deemed cause for "institutionalization". It's kind of a lazy and inadequate argument/solution. That's all I have to say about that.
100% correct. Very few of the shooters have ever had a diagnosed mental condition. Most haven’t had more than superficial contact with a MHCP. Most probably should have. They tend to be the ones that were “weird” or “creepy” or “off”…not the ones that instinct says are fricking crazy. They’re not the ones who see monsters and hear the neighbor’s dog talking to them - they’re the ones whose world view is just a couple degrees off. They think that the pretty girl in the next cubicle should be flattered that he farts when she walks by, and what a bitch she is for saying it smells.
The biggest thing - and the biggest myth - is that these aren’t people who are unstable and “snap.” Shooters don’t snap - they decide. Whatever grievances they collect reach a certain threshold and they choose to act. They’ve got the capacity to plan and execute the plan - and they could give an explanation for why that would make sense except for the baseline skew of their view.

Notable exceptions occur (the Fairchild, Fort Hood, Virginia tech and Aurora shooters were nuts, and MHCPs had said so), but even they were not necessarily at the level of involuntary commitment.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Gawd damn. This has got to be the craziest thread ever on this site. I just read through ALL of the posts. They range from quite intelligent and well thought out to absolute nutcase shit. Sometimes by the same longtime posters.

What loon started this thread anyway. Oh oops, that was me.

The major backlash against Penn, Harvard and MIT is interesting reading today. Major donors up in arms, politicians screaming about the lukewarm replies of major university presidents basically refusing to condemn hate speech against Jews in the interest of free speech. Wild shit.

And I cannot even read the articles about the Hamas atrocities anymore. Makes me want to cry and puke at the same time. Subhuman M-Fers. I hope Israel can kill every single one of them.

Gawd damn. This has got to be the craziest thread ever on this site. I just read through ALL of the posts. They range from quite intelligent and well thought out to absolute nutcase shit. Sometimes by the same longtime posters.

What loon started this thread anyway. Oh oops, that was me.

The major backlash against Penn, Harvard and MIT is interesting reading today. Major donors up in arms, politicians screaming about the lukewarm replies of major university presidents basically refusing to condemn hate speech against Jews in the interest of free speech. Wild shit.

And I cannot even read the articles about the Hamas atrocities anymore. Makes me want to cry and puke at the same time. Subhuman M-Fers. I hope Israel can kill every single one of them.
One could argue that Israel has been trying pretty hard to kill every Palestinian for 50 years. Hamas or not.

One could argue that Israel has been trying pretty hard to kill every Palestinian for 50 years. Hamas or not.
Well probably since 1945. From what I see on the map. that Gaza strip is about as big as Whitman County and could probably have been obliterated a long time ago.

And are you some Jew hater too? I don't give a shit, I'm not religious. But if you read the news and heard about all the horrible rapes, murders and other atrocities from Hamas, who are Palestinians, maybe obliterating them would be a good idea. Like it or not.

After the Holocaust and WW2, where 6 million Jews were killed, and don't even go there with any "it didn't happen" BS, the UN or Allies or whoever created Israel - probably a huge mistake. Should have moved them to Wyoming.

Those subhuman Middle Eastern people have been killing each other since the Crusades.

Well probably since 1945. From what I see on the map. that Gaza strip is about as big as Whitman County and could probably have been obliterated a long time ago.

And are you some Jew hater too? I don't give a shit, I'm not religious. But if you read the news and heard about all the horrible rapes, murders and other atrocities from Hamas, who are Palestinians, maybe obliterating them would be a good idea. Like it or not.

After the Holocaust and WW2, where 6 million Jews were killed, and don't even go there with any "it didn't happen" BS, the UN or Allies or whoever created Israel - probably a huge mistake. Should have moved them to Wyoming.

Those subhuman Middle Eastern people have been killing each other since the Crusades.
Well, remember that those Crusades were white Europeans going over to kill those Middle Easterns. You know…in the name of god

Not religious, but the scenes of Israel bombing hospitals and schools, opening an evacuation path for the noncombatants and then bombing it…those are about as atrocious as anything Hamas is doing. I don’t really think either side can claim to be righteous.

Also, referring to ethnic groups as subhuman is kind of how the Holocaust happened.

Well, remember that those Crusades were white Europeans going over to kill those Middle Easterns. You know…in the name of god

Not religious, but the scenes of Israel bombing hospitals and schools, opening an evacuation path for the noncombatants and then bombing it…those are about as atrocious as anything Hamas is doing. I don’t really think either side can claim to be righteous.

Also, referring to ethnic groups as subhuman is kind of how the Holocaust happened.
Pretty sure raping and then killing women, breaking their pelvises with gang rape then killing them, burning children, etc. is worse than whatever collateral damage is being caused by the Israelis. Do you read the news? I can't anymore, it is too horrible. But it is f-ing real. CNN doesn't just make this shit up for ratings. It did and continues to happen.

F-those Palestinians, They let it happen . But punk college students over on the US East Coast, let's protest their treatment. Maybe they need a dose of this horrific shit.

OK, turning off the computer now. So Women's VB lost, correct?

Goatee that looks like all my friends…check
Truck flags/stickers just like all my friends…check
Don’t tread on me flag just like all my friends…check
T-shirts/hats with the torn flag/freedom just like all my friends…check

Cuz dammit I’m an American I have freedom to be me and do and say what I want! 🤔
This is American culture. It has nothing to do with any particular party affiliation.

You do realize the Crusades were a reaction to Islam taking over vast territories, right?

If someone took over your backyard and killed your family in the process, for whatever reason, you'd be fighting to get justice and a return of your property, too.

Now why would Israel want to do that? I mean besides the fact that Palestine’s eternal objective is to erase the Jews from the planet.

Reactions: mikalalas

Hamas has no interest in peace. They wanted this and, unfortunately, the innocents get caught up in the carnage.

Reactions: mikalalas
Appreciate that sentiment, but biased as the news may be you don't just fabricate mass shootings in the US. Atrocities in other countries, maybe.

Over here, people get shot and die. A 1 year old in a recent one. Sensationalize all you want, but this shit is happening. Constantly. So I really don't follow your point. Mass media gives us something to be afraid of? How the F can you say that they are flexible about how many people got killed? What, they make it up? Oh yeah, it wasn't really 58 people murdered in Vegas a while back, it was a pigeon and 3 rabbits?

You mean the mass murder of 58 people which the media seems to have curiously stopped caring about and the authorities have deep-sixed the investigation's results?

Fair enough. Time to log off and go to bed. Just f-ing hits me hard when I see this shit. And the R debates, I didn't even read that crap. As I think I posted before, and have told my children, kinda wish I had never brought them into this world.
The world has always been brutal. Welcome to life.

You do realize the Crusades were a reaction to Islam taking over vast territories, right?

If someone took over your backyard and killed your family in the process, for whatever reason, you'd be fighting to get justice and a return of your property, too.
History is a lot more misunderstood than people are willing to admit. Not everything that was bad was actually meant to be bad. At the time... people thought somethings worked when they really didn't. Thought a lot of bad things were automatic death when they really weren't.

Looking at history from today's perspective is a joke in itself since it was impossible to do so once you get 400-500 years before now.

There has always been evil. There has always been good.

Just don't go and condemn people when you can't possibly understand where things were at and what made what.

We could go on forever about this, but it is ridiculous to ever have people talking about an Evil White Christian movement being the cause of anything & everything today.

That type of thinking earns an idiot stamp.

Where are these young kids getting guns? Must be age 18 to LEGALLY purchase. Someone is making money selling guns not only to kids, but others who cannot purchase because of a MH concern or DV charge or ex felon. My focus would start on the street sellers of weapons and their distributors

Pretty sure raping and then killing women, breaking their pelvises with gang rape then killing them, burning children, etc. is worse than whatever collateral damage is being caused by the Israelis. Do you read the news? I can't anymore, it is too horrible. But it is f-ing real. CNN doesn't just make this shit up for ratings. It did and continues to happen.

F-those Palestinians, They let it happen . But punk college students over on the US East Coast, let's protest their treatment. Maybe they need a dose of this horrific shit.

OK, turning off the computer now. So Women's VB lost, correct?
I’ve read some of the reports and seen some of the videos. Not from CNN, I prefer less left-leaning bias. The Israelis have been responsible for their own share of atrocities, but you wouldn’t know that based on CNN.

Whatever, I don’t have a dog in the fight. But I really don’t see a need for the US to stick our noses into it. Whoever wants to fight over some old buildings in the desert can go there and have at it. They’ve been fighting for a thousand years, they don’t need our help.

I’ve read some of the reports and seen some of the videos. Not from CNN, I prefer less left-leaning bias. The Israelis have been responsible for their own share of atrocities, but you wouldn’t know that based on CNN.

Whatever, I don’t have a dog in the fight. But I really don’t see a need for the US to stick our noses into it. Whoever wants to fight over some old buildings in the desert can go there and have at it. They’ve been fighting for a thousand years, they don’t need our help.
Spot on there.

Fair enough. Time to log off and go to bed. Just f-ing hits me hard when I see this shit. And the R debates, I didn't even read that crap. As I think I posted before, and have told my children, kinda wish I had never brought them into this world.

Maybe those Palestinians would be better off migrating to a different Muslim country instead of spending all their time trying to exterminate the Jews. Now let's see, which country would be good for them to move to? Which country would accept those Muslims with open arms?

Hmmmm, I wonder why no other Muslim countries want any of the Palestinians to come to their country........

Maybe those Palestinians would be better off migrating to a different Muslim country instead of spending all their time trying to exterminate the Jews. Now let's see, which country would be good for them to move to? Which country would accept those Muslims with open arms?

Hmmmm, I wonder why no other Muslim countries want any of the Palestinians to come to their country........
Interesting observation. What I don't get, and again just looking at the map, is why this tiny Gaza Strip has what 2-3 million people? Why are they even there?

And the "West Bank". Very little knowledge from me for a change, but again looking at the map that area must be damn near half of Israel. I get now the whole problem of their settlements in that territory. Well yeah, right or wrong.

Who the F ever came up with this shit after WW2 must have been a nutcase.

And there again, "Muslim Countries". I'm not religious although I kind of lean toward Odin given my heritage, but why are countries over in that shithole defined over their religion? Thankfully the US is not, has never been and never will be. Kinda set us aside IMHO.

This is a True Story

Once upon a time there was this Prophet Abraham.

Abraham had many children, and out of those, 1 son, born of Abraham's Wife, received the INHERITANCE.

The other son was born of Abraham's handmaiden to give him, his wife a child(Because at the time his wife, and him struggled to have children).

That other son, and his handmaiden mother didn't receive inheritance, and were sent away.

That sent away son became the father of Persians, Arabs, PALENSTINIANS, Middle Eastern Muslims, and his descendents HATED Israel the descendents of Abraham's son that got the inheritance, land.

Ever since then Abraham's sent away son's descendents have hated, fought, tried to destroy Israel.

Then Israel was invaded, conquered, etc, by the Babylonians, Assyrians, Romans, then cast out of THEIR LAND, Scattered over all the earth.

Then the PALENSTINIANS, STOLE, TOOK ISRAEL'S land after Israel was cast out scattered.

Then Israel went thru the Holocaust.

Then the UNited Nations, RETURNED Israel back to Jerusalem, ISRAEL's land, that displaced the PALENSTINIANS SQUATER's on Israel's land.

Palenstinian's didn't like being displaced as SQUATERS on Israel's land, and they HATED Israel because their ANCESTOR got SENT AWAY by Abraham, while Israel's ancestor got the inheritance, land.

Because of that Palenstinian's, and Arabs, Persians, Muslims, are trying to EXTERMINATE Israel.

Israel actually has a enlightened, DIVERSE government, nation. There are Muslims, Arabs, Persians, Palenstinian's, etc, that serve in Israel's governmental PARLIAMENT.

Also the DOME OF THE ROCK which is a sacred Muslim temple that the Middle Eastern Muslims built over the Jewish Temple, is controlled, run, governed, autonomously by Middle Eastern Muslims. And the Dome of the Rock is like a Embassy, in that it is like a separate Sovereign Nation.

But the PALENSTINIANS were not content with living in Israel. They wanted their own nation.

So they started doing Terrorist Attacks against Israel.

Then the PLO(Palenstinian Liberation Organization) Repented of their terrorist ways, and negotiated with Israel for peace autonomy, etc.

They were very extremely close to signing a agreement, and both parties would have finished the agreement, but Palenstinian Terrorist like the Hamas didn't want their to be an agreement and didn't want peace, so they SABOTAGED the peace process through terrorist attacks.

When Hamas would attack Israel with Rockets they killed an extreme lots of innocent Israeli civilians.

Then Hamas would COWARDLY use Palenstinian's as HUMAN SHIELDS.

Israel was put in a NO WIN SITUATION.

If Israel did NOTHING, that would EMBOLDEN the terrorist to do even more terrorist attacks. If Israel responded in SELF DEFENSE, then because Hamas COWARDLY used Palenstinian's as HUMAN SHIELDS, then there would be COLLATERAL damage, innocent Palenstinian's, getting killed, and they, Israel would get blamed.

Israel decided to defend itself, fight back, and a lot of innocent palenstinians died, BECAUSE OF HAMAS PALENSTINIAN TERRORIST COWARDLY USING INNOCENT PALENSTINIANS AS HUMAN SHIELDS.

So it is NOT ISRAEL's fault.

It is HAMAS'S PALENSTINIAN TERRORIST'S FAULT, THAT IS TO BLAME.

And then Hamas overthrew the PLO through a RIGGED Supposed Election.

The HAMAS IS EVIL INCARNATE.

THE HAMAS NEED TO BE EXTERMINATED, because the HAMAS is so extreme in their hate, that they will never stop doing terrorist attacks against Israel, others, and will continue to cowardly use Palenstinian's as HUMAN SHIELDS.

Anybody that supports, defends Hamas over Israel is a MORON, IGNORAMUS, DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

This is a True Story

Once upon a time there was this Prophet Abraham.

Abraham had many children, and out of those, 1 son, born of Abraham's Wife, received the INHERITANCE.

The other son was born of Abraham's handmaiden to give him, his wife a child(Because at the time his wife, and him struggled to have children).

That other son, and his handmaiden mother didn't receive inheritance, and were sent away.

That sent away son became the father of Persians, Arabs, PALENSTINIANS, Middle Eastern Muslims, and his descendents HATED Israel the descendents of Abraham's son that got the inheritance, land.

Ever since then Abraham's sent away son's descendents have hated, fought, tried to destroy Israel.

Then Israel was invaded, conquered, etc, by the Babylonians, Assyrians, Romans, then cast out of THEIR LAND, Scattered over all the earth.

Then the PALENSTINIANS, STOLE, TOOK ISRAEL'S land after Israel was cast out scattered.

Then Israel went thru the Holocaust.

Then the UNited Nations, RETURNED Israel back to Jerusalem, ISRAEL's land, that displaced the PALENSTINIANS SQUATER's on Israel's land.

Palenstinian's didn't like being displaced as SQUATERS on Israel's land, and they HATED Israel because their ANCESTOR got SENT AWAY by Abraham, while Israel's ancestor got the inheritance, land.

Because of that Palenstinian's, and Arabs, Persians, Muslims, are trying to EXTERMINATE Israel.

Israel actually has a enlightened, DIVERSE government, nation. There are Muslims, Arabs, Persians, Palenstinian's, etc, that serve in Israel's governmental PARLIAMENT.

Also the DOME OF THE ROCK which is a sacred Muslim temple that the Middle Eastern Muslims built over the Jewish Temple, is controlled, run, governed, autonomously by Middle Eastern Muslims. And the Dome of the Rock is like a Embassy, in that it is like a separate Sovereign Nation.

But the PALENSTINIANS were not content with living in Israel. They wanted their own nation.

So they started doing Terrorist Attacks against Israel.

Then the PLO(Palenstinian Liberation Organization) Repented of their terrorist ways, and negotiated with Israel for peace autonomy, etc.

They were very extremely close to signing a agreement, and both parties would have finished the agreement, but Palenstinian Terrorist like the Hamas didn't want their to be an agreement and didn't want peace, so they SABOTAGED the peace process through terrorist attacks.

When Hamas would attack Israel with Rockets they killed an extreme lots of innocent Israeli civilians.

Then Hamas would COWARDLY use Palenstinian's as HUMAN SHIELDS.

Israel was put in a NO WIN SITUATION.

If Israel did NOTHING, that would EMBOLDEN the terrorist to do even more terrorist attacks. If Israel responded in SELF DEFENSE, then because Hamas COWARDLY used Palenstinian's as HUMAN SHIELDS, then there would be COLLATERAL damage, innocent Palenstinian's, getting killed, and they, Israel would get blamed.

Israel decided to defend itself, fight back, and a lot of innocent palenstinians died, BECAUSE OF HAMAS PALENSTINIAN TERRORIST COWARDLY USING INNOCENT PALENSTINIANS AS HUMAN SHIELDS.

So it is NOT ISRAEL's fault.

It is HAMAS'S PALENSTINIAN TERRORIST'S FAULT, THAT IS TO BLAME.

And then Hamas overthrew the PLO through a RIGGED Supposed Election.

The HAMAS IS EVIL INCARNATE.

THE HAMAS NEED TO BE EXTERMINATED, because the HAMAS is so extreme in their hate, that they will never stop doing terrorist attacks against Israel, others, and will continue to cowardly use Palenstinian's as HUMAN SHIELDS.

Anybody that supports, defends Hamas over Israel is a MORON, IGNORAMUS, DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Like all these privileged Harvard students? Guess I'm going to have to do some historical reading about all this. Not trying to be funny at all, I am curious to learn more.

I think I'd say rubble in the desert, rather than buildings.

Israel and the Middle East is and always has been complicated. I'm disappointed that Israel made the decision a long time ago to build settlements in the West Bank. Them choosing to do that is barely different than the Russians trying to annex Ukraine. The key difference being that they wouldn't be occupying the West Bank if Jordan hadn't been stupid and attacked Israel in 1967. Still, Israel's actions in the West Bank has been instrumental in creating a couple generations of anti-Israeli militants.

Israel's actions in Gaza in the past couple months are the kind of things that would have us labeling an unfriendly nation as a war criminal. It's horrifying that Russia has been bombing cities in Ukraine into rubble and again, Israel is doing the same thing in Gaza....but again, they are responding rather than instigating so many people give them a pass.

On stretch's comments about the Palestineans...no country wants over a million immigrants dumped on them and it's unethical to say that someone should have to leave their homeland because of their religion or ethnicity. I support Israel's existence but it sucks that they are killing thousands of people who aren't part of the problem because they feel that they need to over-react to deter future attacks.

Where are these young kids getting guns? Must be age 18 to LEGALLY purchase. Someone is making money selling guns not only to kids, but others who cannot purchase because of a MH concern or DV charge or ex felon. My focus would start on the street sellers of weapons and their distributors
AR-15s are a great investment. The resale market is going to explode within 10 years.

Cherry pie or Pecan pie >>> Pumpkin.
Boy what a choice. I like cherry pie a lot. Pecan pie too, but it is so nasty for my heart. Although I did buy one on sale last week. Schnouzed that down.

Never really a big pumpkin fan, although Mom used to make that and boring apple during the holidays.

What are we missing here? Oh yeah, lemon meringue. Yum. Anything else?

AR-15s are a great investment. The resale market is going to explode within 10 years.

One of my regrets in life was not selling my Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine in 2012. I bought it for $1000 and I had co-workers offering me $2400 in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook school shooting.

One of my regrets in life was not selling my Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine in 2012. I bought it for $1000 and I had co-workers offering me $2400 in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook school shooting.
Well my biggest regrets include not snagging Dad's .410 pistol after he died, and letting my bitch ex keep my 12 gauge shotgun and varmint rifle. A .556? Can't even remember now. Nice gun though.

Boy what a choice. I like cherry pie a lot. Pecan pie too, but it is so nasty for my heart. Although I did buy one on sale last week. Schnouzed that down.

Never really a big pumpkin fan, although Mom used to make that and boring apple during the holidays.

What are we missing here? Oh yeah, lemon meringue. Yum. Anything else?
Best pies ever- tied for first place was my wife's raspberry and blackberry pies, made with our fresh picked fruits. Third place is cherry, fourth place would be the wife's rhubarb pie. All of them are outstanding, and I sure miss getting them. Now I have to get by with either Marie Callender's Razzleberry Pie (3 kinds) or me making the rhubarb pie in the summer, only with Pillsbury crusts instead of her hand made crust, which is miles better.

Cherry pie or Pecan pie >>> Pumpkin.
Wrong! Apple Pie, all day, every day. More importantly, my mother's apple pie. At 74 yrs old, she still makes the whole thing from scratch but just a year at Thanksgiving. I will eat at least 2/3rds of it before the weekend is over and not think twice about it. She uses green apples and when you bite into it, it just melts in your mouth. I can't eat other apple pies now because the apples are usually crunchy and not fully cooked through.

Israel and the Middle East is and always has been complicated. I'm disappointed that Israel made the decision a long time ago to build settlements in the West Bank. Them choosing to do that is barely different than the Russians trying to annex Ukraine. The key difference being that they wouldn't be occupying the West Bank if Jordan hadn't been stupid and attacked Israel in 1967. Still, Israel's actions in the West Bank has been instrumental in creating a couple generations of anti-Israeli militants.

Israel's actions in Gaza in the past couple months are the kind of things that would have us labeling an unfriendly nation as a war criminal. It's horrifying that Russia has been bombing cities in Ukraine into rubble and again, Israel is doing the same thing in Gaza....but again, they are responding rather than instigating so many people give them a pass.

On stretch's comments about the Palestineans...no country wants over a million immigrants dumped on them and it's unethical to say that someone should have to leave their homeland because of their religion or ethnicity. I support Israel's existence but it sucks that they are killing thousands of people who aren't part of the problem because they feel that they need to over-react to deter future attacks.
The genuinely sad part is HAMAS knew damn well that pulling the trigger on October 7 would result in tens of thousands of Palestinians dying.

Wrong! Apple Pie, all day, every day. More importantly, my mother's apple pie. At 74 yrs old, she still makes the whole thing from scratch but just a year at Thanksgiving. I will eat at least 2/3rds of it before the weekend is over and not think twice about it. She uses green apples and when you bite into it, it just melts in your mouth. I can't eat other apple pies now because the apples are usually crunchy and not fully cooked through.
You can't go wrong with apple or marionberry, IMO.

I'm a gun owner, and not a MAGA republican. I have zero issues with complex background checks in order to purchase weapons. I wish we'd enact that, if for no other reason than to shut people up about it. Apart from that, however, America is never going to get rid of guns. Not in my limited lifetime or even my boys. Even if the 2nd Amendment was torn up, and that will never happen, there are already so many guns in the USA and almost zero checks in place to ensure that illegal weapons can't be brought in.

What frustrates me the most about the debate is the thought by some that if you get rid of guns you get rid of mass-murders. I don't believe that for a second. You'll simply see a rise in other types of sociopathic murders like bombings and poisonings. There is clearly a massive mental health crisis that's responsible for all of this. Back in the day, kids in small town MAGA USA towns carried guns in their trucks and cars all the time and we didn't have these types of situations. Kids are eating tide pods and going non-binary. They don't hang out socially anymore, it's all virtual. There's a sea of sadness among young people today. Just wait until the young girls from this duck lipped selfie generation start to age. Talk about mental health issues.

Last edited:
Interesting observation. What I don't get, and again just looking at the map, is why this tiny Gaza Strip has what 2-3 million people? Why are they even there?

And the "West Bank". Very little knowledge from me for a change, but again looking at the map that area must be damn near half of Israel. I get now the whole problem of their settlements in that territory. Well yeah, right or wrong.

Who the F ever came up with this shit after WW2 must have been a nutcase.

And there again, "Muslim Countries". I'm not religious although I kind of lean toward Odin given my heritage, but why are countries over in that shithole defined over their religion? Thankfully the US is not, has never been and never will be. Kinda set us aside IMHO.
Unfortunately, you need to expand your definition of 'religion'.

The US is well on its way to being an intolerant, ideological state.

Best pies ever- tied for first place was my wife's raspberry and blackberry pies, made with our fresh picked fruits. Third place is cherry, fourth place would be the wife's rhubarb pie. All of them are outstanding, and I sure miss getting them. Now I have to get by with either Marie Callender's Razzleberry Pie (3 kinds) or me making the rhubarb pie in the summer, only with Pillsbury crusts instead of her hand made crust, which is miles better.
Blackberry is pretty yummy, aside from having to pick the seeds out of your teeth the rest of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT